Tent set up question

earejay

420 Member
I have a question for the great people of :420:. Got my seeds ordered (White widow fem, Ice fem and Incredible Bulk Smash Auto Fem), tent ordered 39x39x72 Apollo, and lights two Mars-Hydro 300w. Plan on picking up my coco, fans and rest of the items needed this weekend. Planning on doing two plants of each strain and pulling the IB Auto when I switch to flowering for the other two around 8 weeks give or take.

Will this be manageable? This is my first grow and I'm not sure how packed it will get in that size tent. Thanks for any feedback on ANYTHING!! :Namaste:

What pot size are you wanting to run? Yes you can put 5 or 6 plants in that tent. It will get crowded and have dark areas. If using #5 pots 3 might be max in your area. Start with two plants and dial in your temps, nutes, PH, ect. This is a long road, you will not hit a home run first time at bat. You will succeed but will aways learn and do better. Once you have a run under your belt, you'll know what you can and can not do. Coco is not user friendly, I'd go with soil, FFOF or if unamended, FF lucky dog. You will have greater success in soil.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

What pot size are you wanting to run? Yes you can put 5 or 6 plants in that tent. It will get crowded and have dark areas. If using #5 pots 3 might be max in your area. Start with two plants and dial in your temps, nutes, PH, ect. This is a long road, you will not hit a home run first time at bat. You will succeed but will aways learn and do better. Once you have a run under your belt, you'll know what you can and can not do. Coco is not user friendly, I'd go with soil, FFOF or if unamended, FF lucky dog. You will have greater success in soil.

Cheers

Thanks for the feedback millertm!! I'm going to look into that FFOF. I am still looking into different mediums so that it will be helpful. Was going to start in 1 gallon and then go to 2 then 4 or 5 to flower in. Thinking of going with square pots if it matters. Was trying to have the Incredible Bulk out before I flip to 12/12.

Ok, one up pot is fine, more transplant more problems. 2nd, research your methods. Coco is water hungry (google hempty grow bucket), soil will be less maintenance and ease to harvest. Hempty and hydro have the ability to kill plant's in 5 min if you screw up, soil is forgiving. 3rd, start small and build your garden slowly. You are at least 3 months from harvest from clone's and close to 4 months from seed. Take your time and do it right. Spend your money in good PH pen and cal it every time you use it. This is a lot of work to get right. If you start big, there us a chance you can get overwhelmed and give up.

Cheers

Ok, one up pot is fine, more transplant more problems. 2nd, research your methods. Coco is water hungry (google hempty grow bucket), soil will be less maintenance and ease to harvest. Hempty and hydro have the ability to kill plant's in 5 min if you screw up, soil is forgiving. 3rd, start small and build your garden slowly. You are at least 3 months from harvest from clone's and close to 4 months from seed. Take your time and do it right. Spend your money in good PH pen and cal it every time you use it. This is a lot of work to get right. If you start big, there us a chance you can get overwhelmed and give up.

Cheers

Researching the Hempty Bucket method now and PH pens. Any recommendations on good ones? Coco being water hungry was something that I was thinking about as a potential con.

Blue lab PH pen about $100 us. Hempty are not noob friendly. Water every day, nutes need to ramp, need TDS pen $50, easy to kill plants. Start on soil, learn what grow and bloom nutes do and how to use them. Add salts or beneficial bacteria later. I can not stress enough for new growers to keep it as simple as possible. When you find your learning is panning out and your plants are doing well, then add next line of nutes.

Cheers

Tead and myself have some hempy experience. Throw questions our way anytime you're researching.

/Obi

I like my Oakton EcoTestr pH2 found on amazon for about $45. I have the matching TDS meter but seldom use it any more. Get a pH tester for sure as well as calibration solution and storage solution. Take proper care and your tools will last many years.

Back
Top Bottom