TerpKing - Third Grow - Holy Grail Kush DNA Genetics - Coco Smart Pots - 600W MH/HPS

Re: TerpKing - Third Grow - Holy Grail Kush DNA Genetics - Coco Smart Pots - 600W MH/

Odd, it definitely resembles over watering. Sometimes if the pot is too small, and the plant needs more room, this can happen as well.

I know you said the only factors that have changed are the AC and the CO2... Perhaps ruling each of those out as the issue is a good place to start as well?

Air circulation is super important with AC and CO2 now being implemented into your equation. I'd be interested to know all of your levels once you get your meter.

Yeah it really does resemble over watering. I was convinced it was that at first. I have made sure I have had good dry periods since this started and nothing has changed. Yes, I've just received the same information not long ago from someone else saying the plants can droop when they want more space for their roots and become pot bound. I'm gonna get pots ordered today.

Thanks for the advice pal, appreciate it. I haven't started using co2 just yet, that will be once my meter arrives. Once it does I'll get all the levels and figures up for you. I'm pretty good with the air circulation as I know it's very Important. I even tried routing the extraction back outside the room to the outside of the house yesterday to see if that would make a difference and it hasn't. Hoping it's just a pot problem.

Re: TerpKing - Third Grow - Holy Grail Kush DNA Genetics - Coco Smart Pots - 600W MH/

I'm pretty confident they'll bounce right back once you repot, I've had a similar problem with rooted clones it's quite amazing how quickly the roots grow just be careful when getting them out the root pouch I've had roots grow into the fabric before. Good luck pal .

I'm pretty confident they'll bounce right back once you repot, I've had a similar problem with rooted clones it's quite amazing how quickly the roots grow just be careful when getting them out the root pouch I've had roots grow into the fabric before. Good luck pal .

Thanks pal, I'm hoping they will bounce right back once transplanted too. Yeah I think your right, I reckon they filled those pots with roots cause I gave them 150ml water last night and pots were feeling light this morning. I was just looking online it's gonna take me till Thursday to get 16l fabric pots, I think I'm going to just clean out the 20l ones and reuse them and roll them down a tad, I think it's important to get them transplanted as soon as possible so will get over to hydro shop for bits I need today. Only thing is using the 20l pots means I can only squeeze 10 plants in so I'm going to have to eliminate two unfortunately. Thanks dandare :)

Thanks pal, I'm hoping they will bounce right back once transplanted too. Yeah I think your right, I reckon they filled those pots with roots cause I gave them 150ml water last night and pots were feeling light this morning. I was just looking online it's gonna take me till Thursday to get 16l fabric pots, I think I'm going to just clean out the 20l ones and reuse them and roll them down a tad, I think it's important to get them transplanted as soon as possible so will get over to hydro shop for bits I need today. Only thing is using the 20l pots means I can only squeeze 10 plants in so I'm going to have to eliminate two unfortunately. Thanks dandare :)

If I was you I'd double pot if you don't want lose two I know there's a lot of debate with two plants one pot but I've done it with great success but at the time I was using 39 litre pots can't really advise you when you'll be using 20ltr plus drip feeding, was just a thought that popped in my head I'd hate to see two babies that size go to waste .

If I was you I'd double pot if you don't want lose two I know there's a lot of debate with two plants one pot but I've done it with great success but at the time I was using 39 litre pots can't really advise you when you'll be using 20ltr plus drip feeding, was just a thought that popped in my head I'd hate to see two babies that size go to waste .

Cheers for the input pal, I really appreciate it. Coco will be at the hydro shop tomorrow so I'll head over pick it up with some other bits I need and I'll get them potted up tomorrow when lights come on in the evening. Sounds interesting two plants in one pot lol, I'll have to have a look into that. It's defintley going to be hard to choose two that have to go, I wish I had more room. It would defintley be a sad site to let two baby's go but I don't think I'll have much choice.

Hey BF! It's clay pebbles at the bottom of the fabric pots pal not perlite and have yet to feel a moist bottom of a pot. I know it's crazy, they look so healthy apart from the droop too. I hope so BF, doing everything like before so a tad baffled.

Someone has just made me aware that maybe my pots are to small, the lady's look a bit big for them and they, may want to stretch their roots out further?
I've grown huge clones in 12 oz. cups, and especially growing in coco & hydroponically feeding them one or more times, per day. Having said that, 2L would probably be better. I just ordered 10 of the 1 gal size. What has your RH been lately. Low rh will cause problems with clones & young plants . Where do you exhaust too ? You just finished what I considered a very successful grow, and the only thing different is the air conditioner. Was cool enough last night, so I didn't turn ac on. The other tent has a 400w hps, and by itself, will heat up the room to like 75, because it exhausts back into the room. Lec tent exhausts into another room. I've got a 20 ft piece of intake ducting, so when the light comes on, the ducting is by the air conditioner, and when the lights goes off, the ducting gets put into an open window, in next room and the air conditioner goes OFF. Doors to my grow room are opened to let fresh air in. I hate AC, but It's a must if I'm gonna grow during July, & August. But only during lights on period. Gonna go take my 11 yr. old great grandson, fishing.:peacetwo:

I've grown huge clones in 12 oz. cups, and especially growing in coco & hydroponically feeding them one or more times, per day. Having said that, 2L would probably be better. I just ordered 10 of the 1 gal size. What has your RH been lately. Low rh will cause problems with clones & young plants . Where do you exhaust too ? You just finished what I considered a very successful grow, and the only thing different is the air conditioner. Was cool enough last night, so I didn't turn ac on. The other tent has a 400w hps, and by itself, will heat up the room to like 75, because it exhausts back into the room. Lec tent exhausts into another room. I've got a 20 ft piece of intake ducting, so when the light comes on, the ducting is by the air conditioner, and when the lights goes off, the ducting gets put into an open window, in next room and the air conditioner goes OFF. Doors to my grow room are opened to let fresh air in. I hate AC, but It's a must if I'm gonna grow during July, & August. But only during lights on period. Gonna go take my 11 yr. old great grandson, fishing.:peacetwo:

Yo SP! Ive seen some mad plants grown in 7l pots fed hydroponically, Scooby sent me the link. I can send it to you if you like? Guys pulling 9oz monsters from that tiny pot. It's madness pal. So I can definitely believe you had good results. I'm thinking I wasn't watering them enough for the size of the plant and the size of the pot. They're a lot bigger this time than when I transplanted last time. I'm thinking if I would have had these pots on a dripper the plants would have been looking a lot better. I will get them transplanted up tomorrow evening and fingers crossed they will start picking up so I can start some topping and lst. My R/H has been between 49/60%.

Yeah I consider my last grow successful too, thanks pal. Yeah the a/c is all that is new, it was actually cooler here to so I didn't need to use it last night also. It's warmer today though so it's back on. Yeah if I exhaust back into the room it warms my room up crazy quick to. When I add the co2 I'll be venting back into the same room and using the a/c to cool it down. I have a vent opening big enough to stick my 8inch ducting out of when I take the face plate off. Pretty sweet. In winter I dno how legit that will be blowing warm air outside though. That's handy you csn move the intake ducting round. I like that. I don't have an intake fan, I have one but I don't use it. I just have the tent at negative pressure sucking air through the vents on the side. Yeah when it's this time of a year you need it, nothing we can do if you want to grow. Yeah also I turn mine off once lights go out, no need to keep running it during lights out, unless it's stupidly hot outside.

Have a great day fishing with your great grandson pal. I also enjoy fishing. I go carp fishing over here in the UK, it's a semi big thing. Nothing better and more relaxing than a bit of fishing. Take care puffer!

I have caught 30-40 lb. carp, when i was a young man in Ohio. Some folks would rather eat carp, than trout !! Yea, I see no reason for an intake fan. I do wish the tent makers would start putting a few more side support to their tents. If I get plants to close to the sides, then I find the tent is flattening one side of my plants. Would be nicer if the sides had a couple more support bars, preventing calapse ?? The older the tents get, the more calapse !! I' thinking I may run out of weed, before harvest, a depressing thought.

I think we all would love more space, I went from 1.2x1.2 to a 2.4x1.2 my only wish now is having enough room for another 1.2 tent for veg to save a lot of time

I think we all would love more space, I went from 1.2x1.2 to a 2.4x1.2 my only wish now is having enough room for another 1.2 tent for veg to save a lot of time
I think you're definitely correct pal. We want all more! Nice, same size tent as me, I think it's a nice size. Haha, yes thats exactly my wish too. I need to find somewhere I can stick a 1.2 x 1.2 in the next month or so lol, better get looking for space around my house.

Update time 08/08/17.

Tonight's mission will be to get 10 babies repotted up into their final homes. I'll supply some photos later of the journey. Stocked up on a few essentials from the hydro store today. Also, what a bonus! My co2 monitor came a week early, I couldn't believe my luck. Got a little picture of my goodies for you. Plus I also bought a bag of clay pebbles and 4 bags of BioBizz coco!

Hopefully we will have some much happy girls in the next couple of days.

420-magazine-mobile987464078.jpg

Mission complete, the babies have been moved to their final home!

They were definitely root bound, their roots had completely filled the whole pot out. I'm thinking they will be much happier now their roots can spread out through a nice big bed of coco. Always something to learn in this hobby, I love it.

I filled each pot with a layer of clay pebbles and then filled the pots with coco. I didn't cut the 1l fabric pots off this time. If you run a butter knife round the edges of the fabric pot first it makes it very easy to roll the edges down and then they can be cleaned and reused. I gave each plant a healthy dusting of great white mycorrhizae around the root ball and into the hole where the plant will sit. Repeat 10 times and job done.

Mixed up a new batch of nutrient as follows.

Starting with 24 litres R/O water 0 ppm

Bio Green X-Force Silica - 3.2 ml
Plant Magic Magne/Cal - 16ml 0.3 EC
Advanced Nutrients PH perfect Micro, Grow & Bloom - 36ml each 1.2 EC
Advanced Nutrients Voodoo Juice - 2ml litre
House & Garden Roots Excelurator - 0.3ml litre
Hesi Super Vit - 1 drop 4 litres

Final PH 5.8 EC 1.2

Hopefully the girls will be looking much happier within a day or two so I can top them all and start some LST training.

Decided to take your advice BF! I picked up some little trays to sit upside down in the big trays. This way the fabric pots will sit on top of those and all run off will collect in the bottom tray. Thanks for the pointer pal!

Heres some photos of the long nights work.

420-magazine-mobile1180446909.jpg
420-magazine-mobile196632762.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2006665409.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1524258098.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1590710331.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2014587738.jpg
420-magazine-mobile833254972.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1915130943.jpg
420-magazine-mobile639852414.jpg
420-magazine-mobile160776213.jpg
420-magazine-mobile909765565.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2056410592.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1619989491.jpg
420-magazine-mobile843533929.jpg
420-magazine-mobile288962103.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1642217865.jpg

I have caught 30-40 lb. carp, when i was a young man in Ohio. Some folks would rather eat carp, than trout !! Yea, I see no reason for an intake fan. I do wish the tent makers would start putting a few more side support to their tents. If I get plants to close to the sides, then I find the tent is flattening one side of my plants. Would be nicer if the sides had a couple more support bars, preventing calapse ?? The older the tents get, the more calapse !! I' thinking I may run out of weed, before harvest, a depressing thought.

Awesome, that's a nice size carp pal, my biggest is just over 30lb atmo. They fight great. Fishing and a good smoke on the bank, you can't beat it. Yeah, we don't eat the carp here, just take photos with them and put them back lol. Polish people like to catch them and eat them though. Did you have a good days fishing with the great grandson?

Yes me also, it does my bloody head in, I wondered if anyone else thought that. I wish they'd make the doors slightly tighter or something, or like you say more side support. Does my head in the amount that the tent gets sucked in on the side around the plants. I completely agree with you mate. Wow, that's a scary thought a tent collapsing. Uh oh, that's not good. Definitely don't need to be running out of smoke pal. You got medical dispensary you can get some from if you run out?

Looks like the show is back on the road .
Fingers crossed pal, got a feeling they're going to come back raring to go. The root ball was so dense it was insane. The whole pot was packed out with roots. I love the way these fabric pots air prune the roots, they really do give you a superior root ball. I think if they would have been on a dripper getting fed multiple times a day they would have most likely been happy. I definitely wasn't giving them enough nutrients. I'll get my drippers set up within the next few days. You think one dripper per pot will be enough? My last one was set up for 2 each pot but I'll have to cap 6 off and just use 1 in each, I'll out it nearer the middle of the pot?

I've not got much experience with drip feed systems I'm still in the dark ages top feeding by hand lol I think i prefer it like this though plus if I think there's something wrong I'm there to to try amend it and also it means I get to spend time with them sounds abit sad I know but I think I'm in love with this hobby lol .

Looking excellent tk! They will love the uppot! You could be veg in those small pots longer if you wished. All you have to do is up your watering frequency. Its surprising how big plants can get in small spaces with coco coir.
Thanks pal, think they defintley will love the up pot. Yeah exactly, you're correct. I think I could have done pal. It was definitely my fault I wasn't feeding them no where near enough. Once I got the first plant out and looked at the lovely white roots I was like yes, no root rot haha. Then I realised how big and compact the root ball was and was thinking I should have had these on a dripper being fed multiple times a day. I think within roughly 7 or 8 days of me planting them into those little pots they had completely filled them out with roots. Now it completely makes sense to me why they were wilting. They wanted more food and lots of it. Still, lesson learned. Scooby sent me a link to a guy who grows 9oz monster in 6.5l pots. It's crazy mate.

Roots take over quick in coco! Im sure your mew pots will be filled in no time! Man i love how many plants you can flower at once!
Yeah they bloody do indeed, it's insane. I mean I knew they grew quick but man they grow quick! I'm gonna get them set up onto drippers in next few days. Do you think it will be ok to just use 1 dripper in each pot BF? I haven't got enough to give 10 pots 2 each as it was set up for 8 last time. I could but more parts and adjust it but not sure I'll need to, easier when I can just close off 6 lines. I'm thinking if I put it near the middle of the pot it should be ok you think?

Also, have you tried those little 4mm flow valves for the feed line? I'm tempted to try them to see if you can adjust the flow to each pot with them and if they actually work? Would be very handy if you could adjust the flow of water ever so slightly to each pot.

Thanks BF, I'm loving the look of it to right now. I can't wait to train these babies and get the first layer of net up. Going to get it up bit earlier and weave them girls through it. I'm really hoping I can find some space for a 1.2 x 1.2 so I can veg and keep some clones and a mum or two. I need a perpetual going on like yours, I love your set up pal.

Back
Top Bottom