THC Bomb SOG In DIY Ebb & Flow

Man your plants are looking great, what is your aim for them yield wise? :high-five:
Well as they fill in the screen they should spread to near 2 sq meters. They are advertised for 550 g to 650 g per sq meter. I will be happy with anything over half that. So at least 1 lb is what I am hoping for.

Update. Raised my light up about 6 inches because my tallest 3 plants were almost touching the bulb. The tallest ones are about 34 inches tall. I can barely wait for them to finish showing sex so I can thin them out and pull them under the screen. I also got 1 more that showed female so that brings the current total to 5 females. And I did a res change and swapped to the advanced nutrients line of grow/micro/bloom with b52 added in. Next week I'll be adding in big bud.

20160703_202616.jpg
20160703_202621.jpg
20160703_202628.jpg
20160703_211640.jpg
20160703_211817.jpg
Okay, I have modified the light to hang differently than originally designed and now I can touch it to the ceiling. I also have built and strung the screen and pulled the plants down and spread them out some. As far as the plants sex goes, I have 5 confirmed female and 3 confirmed male. Still waiting on the verdict to come in on 2 of them.

Looks good! :welldone:
Are you going to pull those males???
Thanks a lot Mr. Krip. After they all show I will pull all but 1 male which I will try to harvest before it pops to do a controlled pollination on a small area so I can get some seeds. Those things are expensive.

Thanks a lot Mr. Krip. After they all show I will pull all but 1 male which I will try to harvest before it pops to do a controlled pollination on a small area so I can get some seeds. Those things are expensive.

Careful, Brother! If your timing is off, you'll get more than you want! ;)
Do you have any way to separate the male(s)???

Unfortunately not. I only have the one room and all the plants are in 2 flood trays with the roots intertwined. I hope by timing you mean if I don't pull it before it pops and pollinates all of the females. I will try my best to pull it at the right time. I will do some research on approximately how many weeks of flower the pollen sacks open up.

Idk when i flowered my LL it started dropping pollen from the pre flowers within the week it made me think i was going to have seeds in plants i didn't want. I got lucky though I haven't found any in my sensi buds and i had over 1200 seeds i wanted from one plant check out my update later today the Pennywise is dropping pollen and has only had 10 days in flower.

And 8 days later. They are in bloom for sure now and starting to do some building. Looking forward to a heavy harvest. Oh and I also took 8 cuttings and am attempting to root them. Once they root they will be potted in soil and sent back to flower. I hope to pollinate them instead of my big plants and let them build me some seeds so my big harvest will be a better quality. Oh and check out the change in the canopy.
20160716_212305.jpg
20160716_212506.jpg
20160716_212519.jpg

And 8 days later. They are in bloom for sure now and starting to do some building. Looking forward to a heavy harvest. Oh and I also took 8 cuttings and am attempting to root them. Once they root they will be potted in soil and sent back to flower. I hope to pollinate them instead of my big plants and let them build me some seeds so my big harvest will be a better quality. Oh and check out the change in the canopy.
20160716_212305.jpg
20160716_212506.jpg
20160716_212519.jpg

Nice work! :welldone:

I just posted this last night in another thread and think you'll enjoy it. It's an absolutely killer SCROG:

[video=youtube;Zw8ZItc1FUk]
[/video]

Nice work! :welldone:

I just posted this last night in another thread and think you'll enjoy it. It's an absolutely killer SCROG:

[video=youtube;Zw8ZItc1FUk]
[/video]
God I hope mine fills out that heavy. I originally planned to do a sog but let my veg go too long and ended up having to do a screen as a last ditch effort to bring my height back to a manageable level. I am happy with the outcome though. I might wet myself if my tops look like those did.

20160718_224123.jpg

I noticed this evening that a few of the pollen sacks had opened up but only a few. So I went ahead and chopped down the male and chopped it up into a gallon bag to dry it and shake it for pollen later. Hopefully the dozen or so didn't spread around too much and most of my buds stay seed free. After chopping I did a little redistribution of screen space.

20160718_224123.jpg

I noticed this evening that a few of the pollen sacks had opened up but only a few.

Sorry to hear that, Brother! :sorry:

I was afraid that was going to happen, and I did try to warn you!

It was a pretty risky move to be playing around with males in your growroom on your first grow. I hope it turns out OK for you, but that Lasko fan blowing on your girls probably did a decent job of spreading out the pollen.

After this grow is complete, I recommend thoroughly cleaning and disinfecting the entire growroom and all equipment to prevent possible pollination of future grows.

Hopefully, you'll still be able to get some good buds out of it. The good news is, you may end up getting some great seeds and will likely have more than you'll ever be able to grow out. :goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom