Ebb & Flow & HPS With Landrace Strains

VladimirPutin

Hello 420 World

This is an ebb and flow flood to drain system I made.

We have 2 weeks to Veg and then it's off to 12/12

Both of these plants are from South American landrace genetics.
One is pure sativa, the other has sativa dominance with some indica traits.

The light is too close : Adjusted.
The lanky sativa had some Nitrogen and high sodium issues since I bought her 2 weeks ago at the farmer's market : Almost fixed.

These plants are being dialed in but that won't take long :cheesygrinsmiley:

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Sativa %80+
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg
If in Veg... For how long? 3 weeks
If in Flower stage... For how long?
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor Hydro
Soil or Hydro? Hydro
If soil... what is in your mix?
If soil... What size pot?
Size of light? 250W HPS Philips with E-Ballast
Is it aircooled? Yes
Temp of Room/cab? 31C
RH of Room/cab? 40
PH of media or res? No Media, PH 5.5
Any Pests ? No
How often are you watering? Automatic, 1 flood per day
Type and strength of ferts used? Vlad's Customized Blend, 350 PPM

IMG_167423.JPG

V:bongrip:

Very nice Shiggity, I would love to have such well designed basket but alas...
I am still drilling holes into containers as a DIY alternative :laughtwo:
Maybe one day, when the Vlad goes Commercial.

Anyway, the flood tray is doing swell, the Corinto is becoming greener and...
Photo updates tomorrow of roots and canopy.

Have a swell Sunday :volcano-smiley:

Guess who is not a happy camper right now :lot-o-toke:

"what the deuce"

I found these monsters in ALL my coco plants under the HPS.

IMG_171420.JPG
IMG_171520.JPG

Anybody know what that is? What insect do those larvae belong to????

So I dumped everything, pulled everything, washed roots, changed the coco and put it all back together again. Lame...
Plants are sad.

I will try to nurse them. At least this happened in Veg and not 12/12.

:bongrip:

Yes ... I will be checking them every day now. If there are any further signs of infestation then there will be an application of tobacco water to be used against them.
I hope to be back in business soon. Taking a break :bongrip:

V

the plants were droopy as hell for a couple hours after raping their helpless root balls.

fortunately they perked up a reasonable amount and should live through it.

Only 1 out of 4 presented no signs of infection, yet I am still wary

these bugs bury their eggs on the surface and the larvae dig down and feed off of the roots.

I yanked the plants from pots, shook under water until there was almost no coco, replaced with new coco. Didn't see any more bugs or eggs either.

I found a ciggarette tobacco recipe to use on them if they ever come back, also I read that I could put sand on the top... I might get colored sand tomorrow. It looks nice and keeps those little demons from leaving their eggs in my coco again.

And the sand helps suffocate anything that is creeping on the surface of my coco ;)

The critters ate all the root fuzz off my nice roots and turned them brown. "mother" nature sure knows how to deliver a swift kick in the nuts even in the confines of an indoor grow!

Stay tune Comrades :lot-o-toke:

That's sucks vlad, I just sprung a springtail infestations this week too. Hit them, and hit them hard. Use those Russian wave Attacks on em. No mercy!! I'm glad to hear your waging a good war, your quick action will result in a clean and bug free grow very soon comrade ..

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Thanks Snid

Well it hurt a little bit but I still have a few extra hearts to continue this game.

Here is an update on the aftermath. The corinto sativa was the hardest hit by the bugs, I believe she was the carrier plant that brought this mess to my grow-topia. Anyway... it looks like everyone will be fine and start growing again with a little TLC

I put away the HPS for a while to avoid stressing them anymore.

Acapulco 1 is a rooted explodey clone that got moved to her own 2 liter coco pot in case the flood and drain table goes down the toilet I will still have a good one to flower for April Madness ;)

A.G. 2 is a recent cutting from explodey clone 3 that is only 7 days old. Under the dome, I hope she roots fast.

IMG_171824.JPG

Greetings Comrades,

I've accomplished the following changes to the grow area :

1. Rooted a 3rd acapulco Gold clone
2. Fabricated a new flood timer (3 seconds on, 60 minutes off)
2.1 Connected the ebb and flow table to the pump today (finally!!!)
3. Made new hydro solution for all the plants (500) PPM
4. All bugs/eggs died and roots have started growing proliferously
5. The ugly yellow leaves was not a N deficiency, it cleared up as soon as the bugs were gone.

I am having guests over for the weekend so I will be disappearing until next Tuesday
The finishing touch is go pick up a grow cab and install my plants in it before they arrive.
The "under the desk" grow will be obsolete by Friday.

So don't go far away, stay tuned, things are coming together on my grow and the show will go on next week :thumb:

Vlad:bongrip:

great to hear on the root aphids Vlad. I hear they can be true evil! Keep an eye out for those buggers.

How do you flood in 3 seconds?

Well I call it the "flood" cycle but in detail what happens is the pump and sprayers come on for 3 seconds and then cut out, recycling once every hour. The "flood" table is tilted like a NFT to avoid pooling. This is non recirculating design, part ebb and flow, part aero, part NFT. Didn't want to waste a bunch of water to run off hence just 3 seconds :thumb:

This is why I like DIY. If it works, I hit the jackpot. If it doesn't, well then I learn a lot for free!

So far the plants have lots of white roots protruding from the old brown stuff which means the moisture level is just right, I think :bongrip:

Vlad

Recovery Mission Complete.

The 2 Flood and Drain plants are doing fine now. Roots finally started popping off.
PH 5.9 PPM 460

The plants should start blowing up now :bongrip:
I want to start 12/12 in.... maybe 2 weeks.

IMG_172828.JPG
IMG_173126.JPG
IMG_173227.JPG
IMG_173424.JPG

Vlad:bongrip:

Bugs came back, where is that red smiley icon banging his head against a brick wall when I need it :lot-o-toke:

I was away 3 days tending to guests, came back to a lot of nice roots, but they are occupied with those little turds called root aphids.

Plants look okay but could be better ::sigh::

I bought a pack of cigarettes and some hot sauce for making an "organic" pesticide, I'm going to bring the pain to these bugs NOW!

I'm here.

Last Friday I still saw crawlers so I uprooted everything, boiled all the substrate, hit the roots with nicotine and soap spray, put 1 cm of sand on top of the coco. Baked the sand in the oven first though.

The sand barrier appears to be impervious once it is hard and dry. The flood table plants are getting their "legs" again.

Keeping plants a little dryer. New spray times are ON 2 seconds OFF 180 minutes. White fuzzies are popping off of the brown roots. Good times

Hopefully pics by friday

Back
Top Bottom