Ebb & Flow & HPS With Landrace Strains

Parasites : I killed them all :theband:

Awful... it was just awful infestation but nobody died. Even the newest clone that was absolutely pathetic and on it's last leg is growing like a champ. There's sand topping everything. An invincible barrier that proves difficult to water for my non flood and drain plants but for the F+D plants it's great. My crapple iphone is discharged so there will be pics today to start fresh since the bugs.

As I had already mentioned, I beat the bugs by:

stripping the plants out from the grow media
spraying and dunking the roots with tobacco/hot sauce/dish soap recipe
boiling the grow media
putting sand on top of the grow media

Of course this method may not work for people in 12/12 and other bad times to ravage the plant's root system such as a plant that is already in shock from the bug attack.

Started new feed yesterday with beneficial amino acids. PPM 600

Going to assemble my new grow cab for May Madness flower time. It will be 30" x 30" for the 250W HPS

V:bongrip:

Cheers Snid and Shigg

Well I promised to be back this month and it looks to be coming true. Yesterday I changed out the old flood table for a better one and I made a close inspection of everything, finding not one bug carcass or any sign of them.

The recovery was slow and arduous so now let's get back to the fun part of growing healthy weed, there should be a photographic update Saturday of some spongy white roots.

Stay tuned :passitleft:

Welcome JS,
You arrived just in time I'm about to dust off this journal since the new flood tray has roots

UPDATES:
I had observed that the "mystery seed" plant looked similar in phenotype characteristics to the A.G. "explodey" clones and so I was a little disappointed ,,
However, The mystery plant matured more and showed slender leaves that are less wide than explodey's leaves and also her scent is fruity and citrus where as the A.G. is fuelly and spicy.

So right now in the flood table we have the >%80 sativa and the mystery plant. There are 4 A.G. clones on the sidelines now that I would like to flower in the next round under 600W HPS or 1000W if I put them all into ebb and flow table!!!

Anyway, I'm getting amped up thinking how that soon I will be in 12/12 with some interesting SATIVA plants in my 1st ebb and flow attempt.

I just got everything dialed in and the white roots are filling with fuzz. Letting them grow a bit more before the bombardment of pictures begins

PICS soon

Stay tuned comrades :passitleft:

Okay I'm back with the first real update in a long time.

Went out shopping today and picked up a 400 watt metal halide ready to plug into 220V

For a grand total of (drum roll please) ...

$13 US

That was fun. Anyway, I'm hooking it up now and will be ready to give you grow room updates this week
My Flood and Drain table is doing great in the roots department. whitey is back.
:bongrip::bongrip:

IMG_183121.JPG

Things are almost in order.

Changed the "grow media" inside of the flood and drain for something fluffier and less water absorbent.

Still using the HPS because the 400W MH ballast needs 220V ::doh::

My 250W e-ballast can fire the 400W but it looks only as bright as a 150W so ... no dice.

IMG_183323.JPG

Here we go Comrades.

New LED, hand made. It's called The BORG, just installed it today.

24/0 starts now. No more B.S., it's Turbo time!!

IMG_183523.JPG
IMG_184227.JPG

Hello Journal

So the new journey begins with our old friends from the previous episode.

I have nailed down a wet cycle in the roots zone to 8 seconds ON/3 hours off and now the roots have started growing in the past 18 or so hours.

These are the roots of two plants that were attacked by Root Aphids in the beginning of april.

I had some trouble later when I changed things by using a different grow media, too wet on the bottom and no humidity within the tray area.

FIXED -

IMG_184929.JPG

IMG_185027.JPG

And the clones in coco, also invaded by R.A., they are recovering fine and growing nicely

IMG_185231.JPG

So here we go on 24/0 under a new LED lamp called The Borg, time for Vlad to wake up and start growing again

Cheers Mr. Snid, you are doing a great job on your grow and have quite a few followers now :passitleft:

Turns out 4 hours dry time was what my gentle herbacious bitches wanted to begin with:nomo:
Since the last photos I had been "over watering" so I adjusted it 2 days ago and they responded immediately with good roots.

IMG_186827.JPG

Strap on your helmets, this rocket is about to take off!!!

As a safety precaution, I will be throwing an acapulco gold clone into flower in a bed of coco along with the F+D as insurance :bongrip:

I mixed up fresh nutrients this week with aminoacids. The nutrient bottle with the aminoacids smells like stewed beef and veggies, kinda want to drink it but it would be poisonous :(

The only downside is that there is some foaming that occurs 24 hours later and then subsides totally the next day. Then I have to filter the mix into a clean bucket and it stays clear as a bell.

Wow. Fight to the end. Good job with recovery and setup. That LED light looks good and bright and price was great. Might want to look at a 400 watt sunmaster full nova MH bulb, cheaper then Eye Day bulb. But great spectrum.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Cheers Mr MillerTm

NEWS:

I inserted two Acapulco Gold clones into the F + D chamber.
Today is Day 0 for veg growth. I am going to let them get 12 inches tall before throwing the switch to 12/12

I have all the over watering issues / drying out sorted.

Additional Info. PPM 600 , Watered 6 times each 24 hour period. Home made cycle timer.
PH down = nitric acid

IMG_191126.JPG

:bongrip:

I think the F + D is growing rather than murdering since a few major overhauls to the irrigation plumbing and sprinklers and saturation times.

Will this still be marijuana torture 7.0 or cannabis paradise??? stay tuned :lot-o-toke:

IMG_193221.JPG

In the mean time, why not some DIY hash???

It all started with this weed water contaminated with broken trichome caps.

IMG_192030.JPG

And then 4,000,000,000 years later, out of the slime crawled this new creature :

IMG_192130.JPG

And then a mountainous landmass was produced.

IMG_192532.JPG

And then...

And then it was smoked.

IMG_193023.JPG

Back
Top Bottom