Ebb & Flow & HPS With Landrace Strains

Very nice show, love how you sculpt your plants, lovely. You also seem to have no issues in quality either.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Cheers MillerTime

So this DIY trainwreck is finally back on the tracks. She just needs a little duct tape and everything should buff right out.

I discarded some emitters that were failing right out of the box with different ones and so far everything seems functioning correctly.
There is a fine line between drowning the roots and drying them out too much with my cheap home made system.

From the F + D chamber : It finally fosters white roots

IMG_193628.JPG

IMG_194122.JPG

Looks nice and bright in there. Keep it up.

Cheers

woke up today with lasting hope for this glorified experiment of mine. Yes, this thread will eventually get to 12/12.

checked the new installed emitters. okay.

lowered the PPM to 420 to stop burning my precious cannabis plants. check.

no longer playing "musical chairs" by moving plants in and out of the root chamber. check.

So Now it is set in stone, the grow commences with 1 acapulco gold and 1 punto rojo landrace colombian genetics.

The watering times finally settled on every 2 hours and they are happy and roots are white as fresh marshmallows.

IMG_194630.JPG
IMG_194817.JPG

Starting "Day 02" for the "ebb and flow" hydroponic chamber being dialed in and actually supporting plant life rather than suppressing it.

We are still on the veg cycle. No rush to bother with 12/12 until I have some bigger plants :thumb:

I'm heading on down into the hood today and will pick up a 250 watt ceramic metal halide philips HID to give me more space because I'm thinking about setting up 1 small DWC to go along for this journal :thumb:

I hope no a-PVP zombies will streak by naked on a murderous rage while I'm out. Just kidding, that doesn't happen here. 1st world problems :laughtwo:

PPM is at 400 , PH 5.7 , Air Temps 30C

IMG_198227.JPG

IMG_197827.JPG
IMG_198133.JPG

Hydro seems to be lots of work. Your butter and hash look like some of the best I've seen. Good call on lowering EC. Your plants will outgrow that old foliage quickly.

Cheers

Cheers Sir MillerTm

Thanks for the +1 on my hash craft

Yea hydro can be tedious, but the goal I have in mind is automation so I can leave my canna harem alone while I go on little trips away from base camp. And we're almost there :thumb:

So, I came back from the hood yesterday with all new lighting gear which I plan to mount in a new grow area this weekend.

IMG_198429.JPG

And here's a canna disk I made with butter and white rhino.

IMG_198630.JPG

Installed the new lamp today anyway.

Increased watering frequency by %30

Have to add more blow on the girls so they don't go tits up on me :phew:

IMG_199628.JPG
IMG_199534.JPG
IMG_199320.JPG

Very nice. Old school core ballast are cool looking and easy to build. Your garden is starting to ramp nicely.

Cheers

Cheers Miller T

Yea I like that ballast... gets hot though, wasting >75 watts, oh well :cheesygrinsmiley:

The bulb has been great. Plants are loving it.

So back to hydro land. I transplanted in a new player and took out Corinto.

Yet again I revised the sprayer scheme, using rigid PVC and more sprayers this time and it will be my final go at this fake aeroponics beginner system before I throw it out the window :lot-o-toke:

It's all good though, leaves are looking fine and new roots are bustling down below. Just the Corinto was removed because I will harvest it for clones instead.

IMG_199928.JPG
IMG_200125.JPG

Yet another day of revision and modification is behind me and my Hydro Gulags

Version 11.0 is now out and the "veg clock" is being started from today to see how well they can grow.

Roots are looking great :thumb: PPM 400, PH 5.7, AIR 27C

IMG_200320.JPG

So I almost cooked the leaves, not really but still it was Taco Loco up in my canopies, a real village of tacos and it saddened me slightly but then I smoked some acapulco gold and just fixed the problem.

Made my best hash to date, acapulco gold bubble. A finely filtered ice hash.

Hmmmm :bongrip: The hydro table thingamabob is really really really growing my plants now. I know I said that throughout this journal, but trust me, Version 11.0 is The One.

Mixed a new batch of nutrients. Decided to use "sterile reservoir" tec., as my aminoacids were breaking down over 48 hour period and the bacterial outbreaks were likely destroying the nutrient profile I started out with.

Yup...

Stay tuned for Photography, may the buds be with thee

Experience is fought with failure and success. Learning never ends with me either.

Cheers

Taco Time is almost over it seems. I looked at the roots today and I was pleased by the sight.

I might have to throw away the aminoacids though, they keep foaming up my res and creating particulate, really grinds my gears because 24 hours I make a fresh batch I have to throw it away 13 liters of plant food.

:lot-o-toke:
Res Temps are cool, a bubble stone is there and a submersible pump agitating the solution. Time to add something that will kill off the pathogens because I'd prefer to keep the aminoacids. They smell like beef stew?

IMG_203422.JPG
IMG_203522.JPG

Check out this hash

IMG_201821.JPG
IMG_201622.JPG
IMG_201519.JPG

Nice product. Plants looking well too.

Cheers

So, I see you showing lots of product. How about a PM on how you make it?

Cheers

Oh, I'll go back and look. Thx

Back
Top Bottom