The Answer's Hydro Revelations

It is a combination of nft and aeroponics.

Should also be fast on the grow to! from what I have heard, and ebb & flow, earoponics an drip Res systems are less temperature sensetive in the res tank, yes you still want to keep the nutes solution temps in the 60's and 70's because some nutes need the temps lower to active them, and the root are not in the nute solution so you don't need to be to worried about root rot an things of that nature, more air to the root system and so on.

I am starting a ebb & flow system myself because in the near future! it is a little more maintenance free than Deep Water Culture! and the res tank is seperated from the flat or tank holding the plants, just replace the fluids in the main res tank once a week! aside from cleaning the system every few weeks.

You can seal the ends of the tubes with a rubber cap and hose clamp. They sell them in the plumbing dept at any hardware store. Just get the correct size anywhere from 1" up to 8" at least. They also have the pvc caps but the rubber is better.

how you planning on sealing the ends with that pipe in their? btw, looking great

I have PVC endcaps for the far end and some 90 degree elbows for the end with the sprayer manifold. I plan to drill out an opening for the manifold. I'll have pics soon!

Should also be fast on the grow to! from what I have heard, and ebb & flow, earoponics an drip Res systems are less temperature sensetive in the res tank, yes you still want to keep the nutes solution temps in the 60's and 70's because some nutes need the temps lower to active them, and the root are not in the nute solution so you don't need to be to worried about root rot an things of that nature, more air to the root system and so on.

I am starting a ebb & flow system myself because in the near future! it is a little more maintenance free than Deep Water Culture! and the res tank is seperated from the flat or tank holding the plants, just replace the fluids in the main res tank once a week! aside from cleaning the system every few weeks.

Those are some of the main reason I wanted to try this setup, fast growth, low maintenance, no worry of root rot, etc...... I can run 14 female plants off of one reservior! That would take 4 bubble totes! Don't get me wrong I am still a Deep Water Culture at heart. I plan on using my bubble systems for my mother plants. Nice to see you Doctor, you've been silent for a couple days!!

Let there be light!!!!

Well I came home from work today to a little suprise! My Cooltube and Plantmax bulb arrived already. I am still price hunting a 600 watt Lumatek, but I think I found the bottom line($183 shipped on ebay). I also got some mylar to line the growroom with. Gotta run, back to finishing my flower unit!

Bubble2_456.jpg

Bubble2_455.jpg

Chapter 1 Verse 3

Once the smoke cleared from the blender hash I just made ;), I finally got my new aero flower setup complete and in the flower room. I had a hard time finding the 4x4 pvc fence post at my local Lowes and HD, so I went with a 4 inch pvc pipe instead. It was much cheaper anyhow! My modified design has 90 degree pvc elbows for the return back into the reservoir, which I drilled out to run the pvc sprayer manifold through. I think it turned out pretty well, now to see how it performs. I have six Greenhouse Church clones ready to go in! I am still waiting on my 600 watt Lumatek ballast to arrive, but I have CFL's for now. I am back to the store tommorow, to see about riggin me up a cooling system for my light. Those are my mother Church plants in the corner, 2 weeks into flower. I'll be back once I transplant the clones!!! :ciao:

Bubble2_477.jpg

Bubble2_482.jpg

Bubble2_488.jpg

Bubble2_476.jpg

Bubble2_486.jpg

That setup is coming together nicely. Looking good.
Not sure if your going to seal it with the primer and glue, I'd suggest silicon if anything is used. That way you can get the unit apart. The only thing that really would need sealing is the high end caps, other then that all the other connections are above the res.

Not sure if this link will last but it's some fence post for other that might be looking, 4 3/4"x4 3/4"x 98". Veranda 4-3/4 In. x 4-3/4 In. x 98 In. End/Gate Post (V-20) - 73084172 at The Home Depot

Back
Top Bottom