The Butcher's Slaughter (Breeding Journal)

Re: Te butchers slaughter (breeding journal)

Thanx for stopping by, I've just having alot to deal w/, So I havent been on that much lately. However I'm still keeping up the journals and check in, just not as much lately. Sux it'll be another few weeks of chaos before the dust settles. Then Back to normal and I will finally be able to get back on track w/ the breeding and seed co.

And as far as the corstarch/pollen mix, its a 2:1 ratio, meaning mix 2 parts corn starch to one part pollen.

Another thing you can do is to cut off stem(s) that have the pollen sacs on it and put them in a glass mason jar w/ PH'd Water(like when you take cuts off a mother),with the sacs over a glass dish or wax paper then just let the pollen drop and collect it that way, this way you can keep a male in the flower room and just cut off the sacs that are about to open.

Another thing you can do is to cut off stem(s) that have the pollen sacs on it and put them in a glass mason jar w/ PH'd Water(like when you take cuts off a mother),with the sacs over a glass dish or wax paper then just let the pollen drop and collect it that way, this way you can keep a male in the flower room and just cut off the sacs that are about to open.

hey, that's a great idea! thanks a lot, you're always very helpful. and don't worry about not being around. you're here more than i. :/

Thanx for stopping by, I've just having alot to deal w/, So I havent been on that much lately. However I'm still keeping up the journals and check in, just not as much lately. Sux it'll be another few weeks of chaos before the dust settles. Then Back to normal and I will finally be able to get back on track w/ the breeding and seed co.

Hey Butch.

How you doin? Just checking in.

SF

Things are getin ther. Just got seedlings going. Haven't updated w/ pict cause of their size right now. Some seeds didn't germ. That's ok though. And I pulled the weak seedlings, but I got more of each cross germing right now. So as those pop I'll give a full report & update. Thanx for stoppin by. I post some pict tonight n e ways.

:ganjamon: (cough cough).. "High Class" :welcome: Heres somthing I wanted to share w/ you all. I hope this helps every1 better understand a female cannabis plant and its pollenation process. Is it me or do you all feel like its Sex Ed. all over again...Anyways here it is. The pollen will get caught on the stigma, then travel down the style. At this point the pollen will eventually travel to the ovule causing a seed to form in the womb. As this happens the ovary wall will form a thick layer around the ovule, protecting its "egg" (seed) til it is fully grown and will break through the protective layer or womb. Where as in sensimilla the ovule will just swell up, and refocus its energy to forming flowers and increasing potency in order to catch the pollen that will never show.

female_diagram.gif

:thanks:
:ganjamon:
The Butcher

Ok Father of Sex Ed.

So we all know that sometimes you can get preggers on the very first time. But sometimes not so much.

Same with the pollination process? Or does it always work?

Thank you, oh father of tantric sex for plants.

SF

No it may no it may not take the first time. Just as in us humans pollen can be low in potency. So it may not take the first tiem. Seeds take approximately 3-5 weeks to form. So if its done to early the pollen may not have time to take effect or may not even be potent enough to impregnate the ovule if its to early in the males life..I suggest pollenating at week 3 then at week 4 again if you can. that way you can make sure the pollen will take.

Butcher,
I have a question about cloned seeds. Would it be too much for me to ask it here?

Well I have been thinking about setting up a mother box with some bonsi mom's. However, I would prefer to grow with seeds so I can continue using the 4 cola method.

I have read that a female plant pollinated with it's own pollen will produce cloned seeds. That is, the plants grown from the seeds would be identical to the mother. First of all is this possible and second, if so, how do I induce a mother to produce pollen?

I haven't seen butch in a day so i'll speak up till he does.

yes it is perfectly possible, in fact i know you've seen my current journal. . . the male you see is a random clone from the same batch as all the others. . . it's really a female, and the exact same plant as the other clones. . . i let it pollinate the other females and presto. all female seeds from two identical plants. . . unfortunately the seeds are not exact copies of the mom. for every trait in the mom that is NOT true breeding, the offspring seeds will have a 50% hetero (same as mom), 25% homo dominant (even better than the mom, aka true breeding), and 25% homo recessive (worse than the mom, actually also true breeding but in a bad way) distribution.

This means some variation will be induced in some traits, but if all the traits you desire are truebreeding in the mom, then you'll be fine.

anyways, I use the STS method to turn my females into fe->males. it have it well documented in my second journal.

There are also directions on the "all my goring secrets" link in my signature under advanced topics i think.

it's easy to do don't let the directions intimidate you at all, and getting the materials is a breeze.

there are many other methods to get a female to make parts (and I've tried most of them) but IMO, their downsides all outweigh their ups when compared to this method.

:thanks: WOF..Yeah I've been MIA today. I had a damn water pipe burst. And since I dont allow any1to work onmy house except for myself,:rofl: I had to spend the whole day fixing it. Got it done and now am smokin the (((fattest))) blunt to the head RIGHT NOW..this sh*t is going to knock me out FORSURE..Thanx for answering KIWI. YOur a person who I have the upmost faith in, to answer questions for me on this journal.

KIWI: Sorry aboiut the delayed response. WOF said it perfectly. "reverse-sexing" is a common practice done by breeders along with seed companies creating F1&F2 seeds for sales purposes. Thus seeing the same strain but different prices. However, there are seed co.'s that do breed the crosses themselves. and will charge full price for them. But thats a whole different story. Reverse-sexing is the only real way to get fem'd seeds. You can get fem'd from hemaphrodites, but the gene will be passed on, and will take several generations of breeding to work the gene out. Trust me its a long process and as WOF stated STS seems to be the best method thus far. Thanx and its never to much to adk question. And trust me you wont get the delayed resonse, cause hopefully my pipes are all good. :ganjamon:

:thanks: WOF..Yeah I've been MIA today. I had a damn water pipe burst. And since I dont allow any1to work onmy house except for myself,:rofl: I had to spend the whole day fixing it.

Dude.

Those pipe bursts are the worst! Hope it didn't do much damage to the "crib". How did you discover it? Running water sound....ewww.

SF

I noticed my water pressure was way down, so I trouble shot it. And at the end the conclusion was a pipe burst. And sure enough, IT DID. Great thing is it just happen to be in an area that had pretty much no electricity around it. At least that gave me some peice of mind.

I noticed my water pressure was way down, so I trouble shot it. And at the end the conclusion was a pipe burst. And sure enough, IT DID. Great thing is it just happen to be in an area that had pretty much no electricity around it. At least that gave me some peice of mind.

Phew !

Crisis averted ! :welldone:

MJ420:peace:

Wow Butcher I love your ladies that you are growing. I might just have to get a male and try to breed myself. I haven't read every page but I did do a quick skim through and you know your stuff...

:bravo::nicethread::welldone::thumb:

+ reps

Congrats on the grow support, you were already doing plenty to help out around here. Looking forward to seeing these new strains u have coming up. I am watching my beans grow, and wanted to say thanks for putting this up and inspiring my lazy ass to finally give it a go.

One quick question: how long should the beans wait before being planted? Is 6 months necessary or can they go straight in, I'm not sure if I really wanna wait, but will do whatevers best for the new strain which will be called "John Brown".

Back
Top Bottom