The Canna Voyages of Captain Kronic

Great haul man, looks like my greasy bitch's have some competition this run around

No worries there M8, you are still top 0 the heap!
I wanted to get some wet shots but by the time I stop cutting I'm wiped out and don't even want to see another nug... not for a while anyways.

Great haul man, looks like my greasy bitch's have some competition this run around

PS... A big shout to to GOJO hand cleaner... takes the resin off the hands quickly w/no probs at all!

I just spent the week on a high desert lake on the east side, and the weather was nice! I am back home though and the weather sucks. One day summer will start.. I hope it is better than last year.

Nice haul man!

Having a hell of a battle w/some of my girls... not sure but I think I have it fingered out.

First w/the flowering, bad weather, now it seems I can't get a bead on this Earth Juice... some of the plants, mainly the God Bud seem to be in a constant N shortage.

I am not so sure of the EJ... seems I took the long way around the hill this time!

The real bitch is... first year w/ 100% organics and I am not happy w/it so far!

Capt, I have had problems with the low N in the EJ too.. I have chased plants for weeks trying to catch up with the heavy feeders... I will usually give them a high N tea and then scratch some in for a little longer lasting boost.... Once I can catch up it is usually good, the hard thing is catching up, specially with the size containers you are using... Always digging your grows Capt.....

I swear I was gonna PM you about that earlier, you are kind of my EJ wiki since you and I have spoken of such things in the past... and your a great grower :adore:

Yeah... it keeps me up and nights to say the least!

What I have done is to increase the dosage per gallon (may be under feeding the GBs.) and also have scratched in some 9-3-1 guano for a slower release N.
I just checked the PH of my EJ brew and after about 24hrs it is only at 3.9 but my soil seems to be right at about 7 so I think I am ok there once both mix for a bit!
Plenty of the plants look decent but, I don't have that green/blue sheen that I look for in a healthy plant.

I am upping the feedings now to every other day at a rate of 5 Gals w/1.5 TBS of grow and a tsp or so per gal of catalyst.
Also am cutting watering to once a day as I feel maybe some of the nutes are being washed out inadvertently. Not sure on that one but... they aren't hurting for water but it has been pretty warm here... finally!

I'm pretty sure that N is the issue, it just pisses me off to loose growth after having such a decent start.
I wonder why the EJ gives off low nitro like that... I was under the impression that it was a lil more well rounded that it seems to be.

Well... the bright side is, I want to be great and this is one of the steps I will have to take... could be worse!

The thing that gets me the most is when I am unsure... then I question everything I do and it all comes under suspicion. I'm not used to struggling w/outdoor... LOL

I will be posting pics, just not been that overly happy w/what's going on so I have been somewhat bummed.

Thanks for posting here... lifted my spirit some... +rep!

Capt, I have had problems with the low N in the EJ too.. I have chased plants for weeks trying to catch up with the heavy feeders... I will usually give them a high N tea and then scratch some in for a little longer lasting boost.... Once I can catch up it is usually good, the hard thing is catching up, specially with the size containers you are using... Always digging your grows Capt.....

Cap go out and get Mother Earths Tea Grow from advanced Nutrience its all organic there is no EDTA or anything synthetic in it, i have a little bit older one that does not have the Folvic and humic acid but i bet it will only make it better. the stuff is strong for an organic nute but in no way overly strong and its VERY micro friendly its WAY too early to be chasing N :morenutes::morenutes::morenutes::morenutes::morenutes:
:morenutes::morenutes::smokin:

That looks like some great stuff Green... gonna check the local fluff store and see if I can find some!

That's part of the problem of having so many different strains in the same grow. I can't handle smoking the same herb all year long though so... ya gotta take the bad w/the good!

I've added guano to make up for the EJ in the past too. Could hit them w/ powder maxicrop (in a sprayer) as well for some instant N. The premixed maxicrop does not have the same NPK--explain that one. I've used the powdered for 20 some years and just noticed last week that the premixed was different. Will have to check out the mother earth teas....There's ALWAYS something more to learn, I love it here.

Ive thought about you the past three days buddy, just stopping by to say high and wondering how your doing :D

WOW!

This is a GREAT GROW JOURNAL! :bravo:

Why didn't you tell me Captain?

Anyway... I just happened to see this in the new posts section and ended up reading through the whole thing. Great photos and a VERY interesting setup you have going on there! :thumb:

OK... let me figure out what I want to say here... ARRRRRGGGHH! (I love saying that) it's pirate like!

I think I finally got shit straitened out... We are dealing some really weird weather, the worst ever that anyone here can remember (no Spring to speak of).
Fighting off the aphids (kicking their asses)

Found out the soil I bought is severely N deficient compared the the other "big 2"

Had to totally change my nute regimen... to hell w/EJ... what a pain in the ass... they lie when they say on their site that reservoir-less systems shouldn't be PH'd... even though my soil is pretty neutral, the PH was such that it blew right past the plants... MY BAD... I had too many other possibilities and it took some time to narrow the shit down.
I figured the feed was the last thing to worry about, w/everything else!

Anyways... I feel I will be a better steward having gone through so much shit... feels like this grow has been ten years in the running... LOL

I am now running Age Old w/Liquid Karma, Great White Mico, Humic 12 and Thrive Alive... the hell w/the EJ line... it took me 2 pounds of EJs PH up to get a 150 gals up to 6.3 or 5 and I have to do that for 500 gals every 3 days... way too much BS to make it feasible for my setup!

I am over the hump (better to have grown and lost that to have not grown) and the bitches are moving along very well now... here are some long overdo update shots!

Groupies
DSCN29251.JPG

An isle shot
DSCN29281.JPG

C99 stalk
DSCN29321.JPG

Bubble Gummer stalk
DSCN29331.JPG

Durbin Poison
DSCN29342.JPG

Pot 0 Gold
DSCN29413.JPG

Just a cool shot
DSCN29491.JPG

Durbin Poison
DSCN2955.JPG

Eat your veggies
DSCN29651.JPG

Freakin Purps is still trying to flower... been fighting her all season... oh well!\
DSCN29721.JPG

Just goes to show that even through adversity we can be victorious! :high-five:

PS... love to you guys... thanks for staying w/me in here!

Back
Top Bottom