The Corner Where I Relieve Myself Of Some Pent Up Blather

Excellent journal Nivek! You are hella hilarious! It's like reading a top-seller. Your plants look marvelous! Tell ditty and ditty too I said stop photobombing lol

heya mz,, so kind of you to wander over, :byebye:, so glad you had a good time during your visit,,:Namaste:

maybe i can tell 'dutty' to tell ditty and ditty two , i am sure he knows em,, ha,,:winkyface:,, they really are a huge help,, i would not know what to do without em,,

P1160162.JPG

dutty was a member here once,, helped me out a ton,, this fella is a tribute to dutty panty,, cheers you,, and you too mz,,:thanks:

Please forgive me for taking so much time to get here, nivek -- this is the most magical thread! Man, I love your style ...

And cats and cannabis and the Commonwealth are three of my favourite things :)

My dad lived on Lasqueti Island for a long, long time, until his death in the 1990s. Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands are sacred ground for me. Good weed country, too :)

:Namaste:

heya too geegee,, anytime you can pop in is ok with me,, no rush,, i stopped rushing long ago,, thanks for the kind words,,:thanks:

anyone who has spent time on ,, i just call it,, the island,, knows a secret,, some really know it,, i am a born and raised islander, but wont die one,, still no place gets me like the island,, was there recently,, still have not seen it all,, and not near all the gulf islands,, so many,, bet you are one of the few anywhere could spell lasqueti,, well done indeed, i know ida got it wrong,, ha,, :high-five:,,

please,, geegee,, come back when you have a free minute,, chat then,, :Namaste:

ok,, heya friends,, :ciao:

an update on the pollination experiment,, the two pollinated branches are still attached to mama,,that instantly brought up an image of seeing my kids born,, oh my,, :surrender:

i kinda forgot to take more pics lately,, so these photos are thirteen days apart,, seems lucky for some reason,,:)

thirteen days ago,,

P11604781.JPG

since then,, the plant has been harvested,, cept for two branches,, moved out of the flower room into the veg room now,, preparing for a reveg,, this is funn,:allgood::yahoo::slide:,, a great plant,, a pollination experiment,, and now,, a reveg experiment,,talk about treading into new territory,, ha,, :cheer:

this now,, not even sure if it is the same profile, and colour is way different,, but,, i promise,, honest,, :Namaste:,, this is the same bud,, is true,, really,,

P11605501.JPG

,, bud is maybe 15% amber now,, trichomes are shriveling a bit,,interesting to see a bud go past what i have read to be mature,,,, i have already harvested some smaller buds off the pollinated branches, and harvested some seeds as well. i think this first seed or two might just be accidents,,:oops: ,,but , no worries,, will be ok,, i think my first born was an accident too,, and he turned out just fine,, :laughtwo:

one new seed has even germinated and popped it's head out today,, for the solo cup challenge,, gonna put a link up for that,, :idea:

P1160552.JPG

conclusion,, use protection,,:blushsmile::winkyface::Namaste:

well, well,, another update,, :yikes:,, bubble cloner,, part 0002,, this really is simply an exercise in simplicity, simple, least for me it is,, :loopy:

my first attempt was actually for trial purposes only,, i needed to see iffin the container,, a cardboard sided coffee container,, cardboard with some foil of some sort,, would it hold water for long enough to clone a clone,, ten days or so, i figured, :scratchinghead:

P1160389.JPG

not surprising it was a failure,, container held,, but rusted and was a mess,,:oops:

so, a recent spat of dirt cloning failures, :helpsmilie:,, prompted me into action, to build one that just might work,, seriously,, i have been looking for a container for a month or two now,, a smallish one,, for two or three clones at a time,, not clear,, no light passage allowed,:sorry:,, and have not found one,,

so i found a clearish one and painted it black and covered that in duct tape,, my friend,,:circle-of-love:,

P1160553.JPG

drilled a hole in the side for the air hose,, cut some cutouts for the clones,, and that's it,,,,,,,,,that's it..

P1160554.JPG

into production two days now,,, report to come,, fingers crossed indeed,, i needs a cloning solution,, well, i mean i need an answer to my cloning problems,, not i need rooting hormone liquid:laugh:,, ha,,

chow fer now,, cheers, :Namaste:

never say never huh, i like that brother, im like that too :Namaste:

loving the DIY cloning machine, looks radical ;)

everything in here is kosher :)

Awesome things happing in your corner Nivek.
That cloner is something else man. +reps to you my creative artistic friend! :bravo:

cheers ws,, thanks for the encouragement,, i hope me clones hear ya,, still no roots,, four days in,, just finished a painting,, will try to get it in here somehow,, cheers ws,, appreciated,, :thanks:

Clever Nivek, loving it!

appreciate the visit yeat,, drop in anytime,, door is always open,, cheers,, :thanks:

never say never huh, i like that brother, im like that too :Namaste:

loving the DIY cloning machine, looks radical ;)

everything in here is kosher :)

two feet of snow,, wow,, our snow is on a quick retreat,, not the end,, but sure melting now,, chat soon bro,, your place or mine my friend,,

:passitleft:

a bit of an update on the happenings in me labooratoory,, :ciao:

successes and failures and new directions and old problems and new problems abound,, as always apparently,,:trance::hmmmm:

one change i will mention is that i have cut my flower room light time to eleven hours light, thirteen hours dark,, i see so many comments, from sweetsues threads amongst others about the benefits of 11/13 lighting,, so i have made the switch,,think of the environmental consequences,,, the benefits of less power consumption,,:dreamy:

maybe no site C dam now???:allgood:

my lower flower level,, filled up now,, no more empty spots,, no vacancy,, for now:high-five:

P1160555.JPG

the dreaded hermie sandy plant lower right, absolutely manhadled to near nakedness,, must be chilly,, ha

big pot lemon haze lower left and two other lemon haze younguns behind,, oh,, and a few spider mites too,, how cute,, :ban:

the upper level,, where all the current action is,, apologies for the mish mash of colours,,

P1160543.JPG

this lemon haze needs to get a move on to outdo the last lemon haze plant just harvested,, but it is very big, for my labooratoory,, so,, giddee up lem,, pls, :blushsmile:

P1160546.JPG

this jack herer is over 90 days now,, should be getting close to ripe,, :cheer:

but,, no amber,, not even all cloudy yet,, buds are smallerish and airy,, still some work to do here,, gettin the whip out, :bitingnails:,

P1160547.JPG

the twins back there,, two one gallon pots with plants put to flower two weeks earlier than normal,, cuz i had the space,, just cuz,,

that's the flower room for now,, minus one new addition which i will introduce later today,, cheers for now friends,,

Looks great Niv. Nice buds and healthy. Is the Jack herer from ghs too?

heya nick,, nice to see ya round these parts,, cheers:high-five:

the jack is from crop king seeds,, company out of vancouver,, i have not dealt with the company,, i traded for the seed, my soninlaw,, it's a nice plant, sorta typical auto, in my experience, the way i grow, lotto smallish buds,, only jack i have grown tho,, maybe next one i grow, if another,, with be jacks beanstalk,, haha,, :cheer:

cheers nick,, :Namaste:

so,, i have hermies, wo/man, do i have hermies,, i feel all creepy now,, like i have herpes or similar, which i don't,, but hermies have plagued me labooratoory since day one,,:sorry::confused:

not every plant,, seems some are more prone than others,, afghani regs seem to hermie easy, all my two have, damn them,, my sandy plant hermies,, first one i had that did,, lesson learned there,,, :cheer:,, right???:high-five:

WRONG!!!!!!!:oops:,,:bigblush:

i have had a couple of hermie causing issues,, light,, evil bad light,, and temperatures,, low ones specifically,, one or two nights where the temp got a bit too low for my liking,, but even after stabler temps, hermies still show,, so,,

light,, evil light,,

so i finally solved my light issues, and wanted to post/boast about it,,:cheer:,,:Namaste:

i have , in the past, built more than one darkroom,, and as everyone knows, especially the younger generation,, darkrooms are dark,, perfectly dark,, :goodjob:,, they have to be,, for all the well known obvious reasons, and more even,, :hmmmm:

so i built another darkroom, finally,, and,, it's dark,, tem minutes sitting in that tiny space, in the dark, pitch black dark, convinced me that i have finally solved my light hermie issues,, so,, if i get another hermie,,

IT WILL NOT BE FROM LIGHT EXPOSURE,,, :thumb::cheer:

couple pics to explain,, you know you need to see this,,

P1160557.JPG

there is my flower room,, right side in that opening,, the door that covers the flower room, a board that fits the hole, is in the background there, left side,,

P1160558.JPG

so there is the door/panel in place,, room should be dark enough,, but,, no,, light is sneaky and evil,, it get's in, trust me,, evil sneaky nasty light,, every crack and crook, it's a crock, but happens,, every corner high and low,, it get's in,,

and makes hermies,,

so now,, like every little shop in mexico city,, the armour comes down,, impenetrable armour to keep the evil nasty crooked vicious light at bay,,

P1160559.JPG

a ROPS,, ha,, a rollover protective structure,, perfect,, me rops,, ha,,:bravo:

between the door/panel, and the rops, and a carpet tucked at the bottom,, done like dinner,, zero light,, :thumb:

couple points,,

P1160560.JPG

for keeping light out of cracks and corners,, note the tape used there,, aluminum foil tape,, nothing else keeps light out,, period,, some showing is covered with duct tape to protect it,,

also,, the edge of the blind,, the edge goes into that narrow slot there,, inch and a half of the curtain or so, is in there,, all the way, top to bottom,, that is the key to light exclusion,, and voodoo,, plenty of voodoo, and iffin one knows a witch,, try that too,, just my opinion,:Namaste:

i will never again suffer the empty bowls and slings and arrows and sleepless nights of a hermie sufferer, well, not from evil nasty light,,ever,, :cheer:

Hope you don't mind me peeking in here... Cool journal!
Are the duttys gonna start their own journal anytime soon? They're a good team..

Hope you don't mind me peeking in here... Cool journal!
Are the duttys gonna start their own journal anytime soon? They're a good team..

ha,, :high-five:,, what a great idea santb,, i wonder iffin i can make that happen,, hey, maybe they can do my journal for me,, ??:woohoo:

thanks for the kind words,, please come again now, ya heaya,, cheers,, :Namaste:

Loving this so far, and another wonderful journal to be apart of.

Glad to see you have your light proof room, now!
I'll be pulling up a recliner and kicking back:lot-o-toke::popcorn:

cheers terrn,, appreciated,, and thanks, it's a more wonderful journal now that you are a part of it, indeed,,, cheers,, :thanks:

that light proofing has been a thorn for a year now,, all festered and pussey,, how gross,, finally pulled that prick out of me,, so better now,, thanks,,

a bit of a introduction to the world for these brand new genetic crosses,, never seen exactly the same ever in the whole world,, :theband::party::yahoo:

my cross between an afghani reg and a super lemon haze, i guess an 'afghemon haze',,:high-five:,, a pollination experiment gone right,,:cheer:,, the seeds harvested and immediately put to dirt,, actually for the first time in a long time,, i soaked these seeds in a cup of water overnight just to see iffin they would pop,, and ,, they popped,, :woohoo:

P1160562.JPG

aptly logged as afghemon haze 'a',, and lookin fine indeed,,

and the twin,, these two will absolutely be a volcanic rock dust experiment,, both will get a dose, but one will get a double dose,, :Namaste:

P1160564.JPG

aptly logged as well, as afghemon haze 'b',, a sweetheart as well,,

these two have a sister as well,, so they be triplets actually,,

P1160556.JPG

the solo cup challenge competitor,, givin er,,

enjoy the day friends,, sunny as all get out in the spectacular okanagan valley today,, me and the missus is off to the woods, with our snowshoes,, chow for now,, :Namaste:

My initial thoughts reading the first page of Nivecks journal:

This guy is quite the character, I suspect he dabbled in his share of psychedelics in his day. Probably still drives a VW bus.
Don't take much advice from this guy, HE PEES ON HIS PLANTS!!!

Todays thoughts on Nivecks journal:

This guy is quite the character, I suspect he dabbled in his share of psychedelics in his day. Probably still drives a VW bus.
Consider peeing on your plants, this guy obviously knows what he's doing.

Back
Top Bottom