The Corner Where I Relieve Myself Of Some Pent Up Blather

heya santb, cheers to ya,, :welcome:

you may ask, never a problem at all, never,, and i will gladly answer, anything at all,, nearly,, :Namaste:

re: urine as a fertilizer,, firstly,, lotto info on the use of urine as a fertilizer,, the concept would absolutely save the world,, one pee at a time,, but,, just too much 'eww' factor built in,, oh well,, still, it could be done,, the world i mean,, saved by pee,,

never use straight urine,, certain death,, straight it's like heroin to the plant,, bad heroin,, it must be diluted, for general watering for my veg plants, i use nothing but a one to fifteen solution,, adjusted ph down because the urine is high ph,, i use vinegar to ph down,, takes a surprising amount of vinegar,, that for veg plant watering,,

for flowering plants,, nitrogen,, which is what urine is full of,, think bone meal,, urine has near the exact same properties,, so for flowering,, not so much nitrogen is needed,, so, i dilute half again,, about one to thirty or so,, ,, and like any fertilizer, the last two weeks of a flowering plant gets only pure water,,

foliar spray, this is where the urine shines,, the plants just love it,, never the slightest leaf issues at all, except they grow too big,, for foliar spray,, i very heavily dilute,, till the water just shows the tiniest change of colour,, that is all for the foliar spray,, and,, no spray in the flower room, none,, just veg plants,,,,

and then for me i dilute even more,, barely perceptible,,, ha,, eeewwwwww, grossss,, just kidding,, none for me, honest,, :Namaste:

there is a smallish odour associated with the use of urine,, might not be for everyone,, understandable,, workin for me tho,, for now,, my, ever so slight, organic contribution to the world,,

as for dutty and dt,, they have been warned about peeing directly onto the plants,, well, warned is not the right word,, we discussed the reasoning behind the pee ban,, they understand as well,, but they are kids afterall,, and boys too,, we best chat about it again,,

cheers santb,, appreciate yer interest,, :Namaste:

Cheers nivek I was thinking about foliar so happy to read your opinions!
How long should you store urine before using, if at all; and how long will it 'keep'? I have read elsewhere that it should be stored for a month or so... But the smell does get stronger after some time. Doesn't bother me "eewww"-wise cos I'm a grown man and such arguments are for little girls; anyway, I have collected some already for use on citrus and a rose bush but some has been sealed for a few months now...
Should I throw it out? I can get plenty more.....:shhh:

Cheers nivek I was thinking about foliar so happy to read your opinions!
How long should you store urine before using, if at all; and how long will it 'keep'? I have read elsewhere that it should be stored for a month or so... But the smell does get stronger after some time. Doesn't bother me "eewww"-wise cos I'm a grown man and such arguments are for little girls; anyway, I have collected some already for use on citrus and a rose bush but some has been sealed for a few months now...
Should I throw it out? I can get plenty more.....:shhh:

Heya agin sant'b',, i sure would like to know what ya did with sant'a'? Ha,, as for storing and how long urine stays viable, that I am not positive about,, sorry.. I rarely collect too much, and when I do, I pour it on my compost pile, and in my veggie garden
No reason at all for perfectly good fertilizer to go to waste, now, is there??

Big girls dont like much eww factor either, I have found,, cute to see em scrunch up their cute little noses tho,, ha,, cheers santa, b

Heya agin sant'b',, i sure would like to know what ya did with sant'a'? Ha,, as for storing and how long urine stays viable, that I am not positive about,, sorry.. I rarely collect too much, and when I do, I pour it on my compost pile, and in my veggie garden
No reason at all for perfectly good fertilizer to go to waste, now, is there??

Big girls dont like much eww factor either, I have found,, cute to see em scrunch up their cute little noses tho,, ha,, cheers santa, b

Cheers nivek.. Yes I'm the Anti-Santa. At xmas I break in to everyones house and take stuff.. Not very cool, but there you go!
The old urine will go into the compost. And this little girl goes "eewww" at cockroaches. Hate 'em... Something about their indestructibility..freaks me out.

That and they can FLY!!!

RIGHT INTO YOUR FACE!!!!!!!

Cheers friends,, have a fine day off canucks,, :cheer:

:Namaste:

We didn't have a day off today (our Feb holiday is another day) but we have a snow storm instead! Yay, snow day!

Take care, nivek :)

promise gg,, you be careful down in that basement pls,, :Namaste:

Hey Nivek- I feel suddenly compelled to point out that, contrary to what you hinted to me in your pm- that I think you've got one of the coolest journals around. I get a real sense of your place- such a cozy space. Believe it or not I've read the whole journal right through, have enjoyed it all thoroughly, and am caught up to the present moment. I posted you a bunch of blather last week but either the website or my internet service went down and it went poof.

Ha,, good one,,:high-five:,, i hear ya,, but,, shhhh, we will just keep that between you and me,, :Namaste:

I loved reading this.
Full of useful information for everyone.

I love your outlook on growing as well as the way you approach any drawback.

Cheers, for a wonderful gardener. I can tell you love what you do.

Feel free to stop by and drop any bit of knowledge you wish!

Always nice to stop by nivek. Nowhere else will you get such a thorough and thoughtful directive on using urine to fertilize. :laughtwo: You're getting this down to a science, my friend.

Your breeding projects are coming along nicely too I see. May they be potent enough to stop you in your tracks.

Is all good folks, thanks for the concern/best wishes. Busy as all get out with dern near everything,, well, except this journal..me heart and mind are simply not available to the extent necessary to continue with this project,,

I will still be around for the occasional hello and some pics possibly,,
Until then,, cheers friends,,:Namaste:

Is all good folks, thanks for the concern/best wishes. Busy as all get out with dern near everything,, well, except this journal..me heart and mind are simply not available to the extent necessary to continue with this project,,

I will still be around for the occasional hello and some pics possibly,,
Until then,, cheers friends,,:Namaste:

Very good hearing that your absence isn't a negative thing nivek!

Nivek, I don't stop by here all that often, although I look longingly very often, and again find myself pausing here more often than other journals I'm neglecting, so maybe that's indicitive of my needing to stop, huh? My long-winded way of saying I miss you my friend.

I also wanted you to know I hit a transition point in my life within the past couple days and as part of the transformation I needed to change the wallpaper on my devices. I know, first-world problem, eh? :laughtwo: Anyhow, I'm kinda coming out of the forest, in a way, and the wallpaper I chose for my iPad was the black and white you shot of the sunlight through the trees.

Thank you for that shot. It means the world to me to know you took this beautiful picture. I'm sure you'll remember the one.

Have a great day. :love: :hug: :love:

Back
Top Bottom