The First Grow - Advice Welcome!

Haha I was the same, didn't want the house to burn down. I'm in Australia bro and just went to the hardware store, but if your in the states you have heaps more options. Look up lovevibez on YouTube to see what the clamp lights look like, he's got heaps of good info too and a journal somewhere on here! If you can try Walmart and home Depot, or a lighting and electical store or like you said online.

For your bulbs you'll wanna get 5000k -6500k for veg and 2700k for flower the "k" is for the kelvin

Wattage-measures the amount of power or intensity/strength of the light. (More watts the better!)

Kelvin-measures the-color-of the light.

Hope I helped, hit me back if I didn't make sence haha

Hey man thanks for the info, helps a lot! what do you guys think about this one? (Can't find the k reading though)
Exo Terra PT2054 Glow Light/ Reflector, Medium, 21 cm: Exo Terra: Amazon.co.uk: Lighting

If you want a cheap source of ph down get some apple cider vinegar. That's what I use. It works pretty well I would say

Go with something a little cheaper. Buy two of these or similar and use your 6500k cfl's with it.

51Wr8BtDzYL_SL1000_.jpg

Yeah that one looks like it could do the trick, it did say great for use with cfls but I would look into it more cuz it said something about holding light for reptiles? Thats the style I was talking about though, cuz they can plug straight into the wall and have the bonus of being attached to clamps, see if there is any others that aren't for reptiles, cuz I have a feeling they could hold heat?

:thumb:
image32479.jpg

Just a little update for you guys! Built this DIY box for maximum stealth:wood:!
Cfl lighting on the way, watered her today with ph 6.0 water. Hope everyone else is having a good weekend. Peace and love.:circle-of-love: :peace: p.s Let me know what you think!

Hi, £420!

What fun, a contest! The advice about the lights is really good (and isn't Pigeons a lovely person?) You should be able to buy a clamp light base with a reflector (or just a lamp base attached to a cord) from your nearest ironmongers or diy store. The great thing about a reflector is that it keeps the light you have focussed on the plant, none of it gets wasted going up :) But without the reflector you can get a splitter and put two bulbs in one socket, which is great.

Here's my set up -- the clamp with the reflector (in the middle) holds a larger, 40w CFL and the two clamps on the sides (each with a splitter) each hold two 23w CFLs.

image32211.jpg

You can totally do this inexpensively.

The next question is feeding them. Is this the soil you're using? MPC with added JI | Multi Purpose Compost with added John Innes | Peat Free | Organic | Recycled

Hey glimmergrass!,
At first I didn't really mind losing because I thought I'd do badly anyway but now, defeat is really not an option. Yes everyone is so friendly on here but especially pigeons! (Stoners are the best kinda people). Thanks for the info on the lights, I just looked up a few parts and am going to go get them tomorrow providing they're open! However, they do not seem to do the reflectors. (Not a huge problem though).
Man what a nice grow you have! Beautiful. The picture is so helpful so thanks!
Yes that is indeed the soil that I am using, what is your opinion?
Also I was wondering what strain you have chosen?:yummy:

:thumb:
image32479.jpg

Just a little update for you guys! Built this DIY box for maximum stealth:wood:!
Cfl lighting on the way, watered her today with ph 6.0 water. Hope everyone else is having a good weekend. Peace and love.:circle-of-love: :peace: p.s Let me know what you think!

Watch your airflow and temps in that stealth box you built. Things can get a little warm with no fresh air coming in from the bottom. Also a little breeze on the girl will make her stalk and stem strong for that future fruit.

Watch your airflow and temps in that stealth box you built. Things can get a little warm with no fresh air coming in from the bottom. Also a little breeze on the girl will make her stalk and stem strong for that future fruit.

Will do! thanks for the warning.:Namaste:

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom