The Joy Of Growing - SweetSue Goes Perpetual

I thought cloning autos was a waste of time? I've never grown an auto though...

BAR recently blew that theory out of the water. If he hasn't linked you by the time I get home I'll track it down for you. Right now I'm having a light breakfast along the river.

Plants look great sue im gonna look into that cheese candy

My specimen, although producing mind-blowing potency in this luscious soil, is not representational of the grandeur the strain is capable of. If it can perform this beautifully under my care think of the potential with a more traditional approach. I highly recommend it.

Is there a link to the auto cloning? Interesting

B A R 3.5
That link will take you to Reg's auto cloning experiment. It started about 11 days earlier if you want to jump into the very beginning, but I think this will get you all the info.

Thank you Major. :hug:

I've cloned auto Amnesia two hundred times. They were my least successful at about 50% normal looking babies. I grew out 4, and they looked and acted just like their mother, were the same strength high, and they all harvested at about the same time with mothers (2) a little late and 5' tall. The clones were a little early and about 3' tall. Mothers in 5gal buckets, daughters in 3gal pots. I won't do it again. 22 ozs from 6 plants. Last crop of sour D photo clones yielded 24 ozs from 4 plants, all in 3gal pots. Both grows under 2 600w HIDs, in 50/50 mix of H.F. and O.F. and full range of G.H. nuts at 50% recommended strength.
See ya.

I've cloned auto Amnesia two hundred times. They were my least successful at about 50% normal looking babies. I grew out 4, and they looked and acted just like their mother, were the same strength high, and they all harvested at about the same time with mothers (2) a little late and 5' tall. The clones were a little early and about 3' tall. Mothers in 5gal buckets, daughters in 3gal pots. I won't do it again. 22 ozs from 6 plants. Last crop of sour D photo clones yielded 24 ozs from 4 plants, all in 3gal pots. Both grows under 2 600w HIDs, in 50/50 mix of H.F. and O.F. and full range of G.H. nuts at 50% recommended strength.
See ya.

Thank you John. That was very insightful. I can imagine cloning an auto would be a more satisfactory experience for a hobby grower out from under the pressure to get high yields.

But sometimes John, it's not about the quantity, but the quality. If I get 4 oz of something "meh" I'll burn right through it or use it for edibles and hope for the best. I've been harvesting small bits weighing around 3 grams dry, and that small quantity, being an exemplary quality, lasts me for up to a week of steady smoking, because I can take teeny-tiny potent hits that carry me for hours.

Someone like me or BAR, who garden in luscious soils, can get better results from an edgier style of cultivation. I'm pretty sure BAR did that because he refuses to believe in those words "can't be done". :laughtwo:

:love:Whoa there gal. I am a hobby grower and have no pressure to get high yields beyond maximizing the money I pay for electricity used in my grow room. Given the same quality, I'd LIKE to get the most I can. And I'm here to learn to grow the highest quality I can. It's my life on the line here, more than most of you I'd guess, please don't think for a moment that the quality is secondary. You have the wrong impression of me, me thinks. I love you anyway.:Namaste:

Ps. Growing out only 4 of a hundred is not quantity over quality. I only picked the best, not the most !!!

I stand corrected John. :cheesygrinsmiley: :love:

I'm working on narrating the update but while I do that I need some input. I love this plant. The structure amazes and excites me with its potential. I'm not happy about her color. I'm expecting a deeper green to begin showing, and that hasn't begun to happen at all.

Carnival: Day 42

image31154.jpg

Am I just being obsessive, or is there something I can do to rectify this?

I don't think you are being obsessive over the Carnival. I've never grown it, but something doesn't look right. I'm learning right alongside you, but that looks like soil/root problems or over-watering. Which soil is it in? It does appear droopy / not vigorous.

Daily Update: Week 16- Day 4: Perpetual Tent - Week , Day

Maintenance notes:
- All SWICK reservoirs filled.

That's all it took today. That left lots of time to ooooo and ahhhh. :laughtwo: Would you care to see? Here, come with me.

image31137.jpg

African Buzz is at Day 105 now and I'm thinking end of next week.

image31138.jpg

image31139.jpg

Yeah, end of next week.

image31140.jpg

Cheese Candy at Day 106. Still weeks out IMHO. I snapped another bud off today and instead of flash drying it I want to let it hang and dry for about a week to get a decent taste of her. I have other stuff to smoke.

image31141.jpg

image31142.jpg

Auto Jock Horror x Auto Amnesia. (Day 35) What a beautiful specimen this strain becomes.

image31143.jpg

I just love the shape and color of these leaves.

image31144.jpg

Buddha Tahoe OG (Day 33) is starting to lay the line of blossoms up the stem. It fascinates me how they do that swirl up along the length. Don't you love bloom? :laughtwo:

image31145.jpg

image31146.jpg

The Kit seedlings. Neither of the new seeds came up today. Tomorrow. For sure. :straightface:

image31147.jpg

The LOS seedlings.

image31148.jpg

This little Kalashnikova is 11 days old, believe it or not. Maybe it's the seeds, which means I beat myself up over the first attempt for nothing, eh? Lesson learned.

image31149.jpg

The veg shelf looking stellar. That Strawberry Blue, mmmmmmm.

image31156.jpg

Still a bit dry for my taste, but I'm not going to be concerned. The SWICKS help here and they're all full now.

image31155.jpg

Let's check on the others.

The Tiny Closet: Week 7 - Day 4

image31150.jpg

The Afghanis are progressing nicely. Another week or so and we'll be topping and bending branches over.

image31151.jpg

Carnival (Day 42) Structurally sound. Now, what can we do do about her color? She should be a darker shade of green. I'm certain of it.

image31152.jpg

Aside from her color, this is one vigorous specimen, just waiting to bust out and surprise us all.

image31153.jpg

A great start to a productive day. Maybe I should sleep more often. :laughtwo: Now for some coffee and those stairwells are calling to be mopped down. It's not a dirty building at all, with only four apartments on each side and all individual renters (except the daughter and her fella), so not difficult to do. This has been the first time I felt ready to do it. A hopeful sign, and I'll take it! :laughtwo:

May this post find you knee-deep in some joyful endeavor of your own. I'm going to take the encouragement of one of you to heart, and stop frequently through this day to focus on the immediate moment to get as much sensual experience out of that moment of "NOW" as I can muster, then casually go back to my day. It's so easy to get lost in the past or tie yourself in desperate dreams of a better future when this moment right here is all the guarantee we have and all that matters in the end. Today I'm practicing a little bit of that art of living right now. You can join me if you like. :battingeyelashes:

I'll be checking in every now and then. Going to try - I said try - to temper my addiction to the site by making myself walk away every now and then without the iPad under my arm. Hahaha! Let's see how well I can resist you all. :laughtwo: :green_heart:

:ciao:

I don't think you are being obsessive over the Carnival. I've never grown it, but something doesn't look right. I'm learning right alongside you, but that looks like soil/root problems or over-watering. Which soil is it in? It does appear droopy / not vigorous.

It's Kit soil Major and the one thing I'm certain of is its NOT overwatering. It certainly suggests a root problem to me, but I've been careful about measurements. She's in a full gallon of soil. Maybe I should check to see if she needs transplanted? It could be time for more root space. The mystery is that she's bursting with inner growth, but that pasty color is driving me to distraction.

Somebody, HELP! There's got to be something I can do. Tomorrow she's due for her Brix foliar. I was anticipating yesterday's Energy drench would help her bounce, but nope!

Every time I upcan a plant, any problems disappear. :cheesygrinsmiley: I'd pop that Carnival into her final pot. :thumb:

Doc has consistently said so, and my experience confirms it - HiBrix works better with lots of soil. :slide:

Every time I upcan a plant, any problems disappear. :cheesygrinsmiley: I'd pop that Carnival into her final pot. :thumb:

Doc has consistently said so, and my experience confirms it - HiBrix works better with lots of soil. :slide:

Big sigh of relief! Thanks Graytail. :hug: On my list as soon as I get these stairwells done. I was glancing at her yesterday and noticing how much she grew over the past week with all the ponytailing, and thinking I needed to check her roots.

I feel better now. :battingeyelashes:

Back
Top Bottom