The Mega Crop Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burn? sugar leaves continue to turn brown and dry up. Lost all fan leaves earlier.
Thought I had a fungus problem due to poor heat an humidity control. Looking for bugs but don't
see any.

Late season outdoor clones, trying to get a few fem seeds with CS.
promix, 1 gallon fabric. 1st try indoors.

Initial runoff was >1000 ppm after two more cups run off 300-400ppm
Do I need to back off nutrients? I have been at 6gm/gallon but wonder if
the small pots dry out faster due to evaporation and concentrate nutrients?
It's not convenient to water to run off every time.

I have some basil in the same conditions and it is doing well.

What are you growing in?

+1 not real sure what is up here

Burn? sugar leaves continue to turn brown and dry up. Lost all fan leaves earlier.
Thought I had a fungus problem due to poor heat an humidity control. Looking for bugs but don't
see any.

Late season outdoor clones, trying to get a few fem seeds with CS.
promix, 1 gallon fabric. 1st try indoors.

Initial runoff was >1000 ppm after two more cups run off 300-400ppm
Do I need to back off nutrients? I have been at 6gm/gallon but wonder if
the small pots dry out faster due to evaporation and concentrate nutrients?
It's not convenient to water to run off every time.

I have some basil in the same conditions and it is doing well.

hiya @732002

back up a bit and give us some info.

check out the last link in my sig. loads of info for newcomers. in there you will find how to ask for grow support.
post back with that info and hopefully some pics.

pics help. no burple. burple don't mean shit.

hope you stick around and start a grow journal as well. :)

I'd want to see, but I strongly suspect your plants are too large for the pots. I think your plants are starving to death and dying of thirst. Raise the pots in the saucers to get them out of the run off. You'll be able to water to run off every time, and only empty the saucers every second or third time before watering.

I have no experience with promix, but think it needs to be treated like soil. Regargless of the nutrients, I think you'll find Emilya's paper, 'The Proper Way to Water a Potted Plant' full of important information for you.

I'd want to see, but I strongly suspect your plants are too large for the pots. I think your plants are starving to death and dying of thirst. Raise the pots in the saucers to get them out of the run off. You'll be able to water to run off every time, and only empty the saucers every second or third time before watering.

I have no experience with promix, but think it needs to be treated like soil. Regargless of the nutrients, I think you'll find Emilya's paper, 'The Proper Way to Water a Potted Plant' full of important information for you.

Plants are small. I went 12/12 early to save time and only hoped to get a few seeds.
I have been letting pots dry out between watering. Maybe too dry?
Eager to pop a new seed and start over but think there is a chance to salvage these
plants, get a few seeds and most importantly learn something.

Original problems started out as blotches on lower fan leaves, Current problem starts at tips
of sugar leaves. Clawing,turning brown and works its way back up the leaf. Seems more like burn?

SOIL GROW

Strain - Blueberry reg
# of Plants - 3
Grow Type - promix HP
Grow Stage - Flower
Bucket Size - 1 Gallon fabric
Lights - (1) 54 watt COB
Nutrients - MEGA CROP
Medium - PROMIX hp
PPM - 6G/gallon
PH - new promix, tap water 6.5-7
RH - 40% to 55%
Room Temperature 74-76
Room Square Footage - Cabinet 22"x27"
Pests - None Known

Plants are small. I went 12/12 early to save time and only hoped to get a few seeds.
I have been letting pots dry out between watering. Maybe too dry?
Eager to pop a new seed and start over but think there is a chance to salvage these
plants, get a few seeds and most importantly learn something.

Original problems started out as blotches on lower fan leaves, Current problem starts at tips
of sugar leaves. Clawing,turning brown and works its way back up the leaf. Seems more like burn?

SOIL GROW

Strain - Blueberry reg
# of Plants - 3
Grow Type - promix HP
Grow Stage - Flower
Bucket Size - 1 Gallon fabric
Lights - (1) 54 watt COB
Nutrients - MEGA CROP
Medium - PROMIX hp
PPM - 6G/gallon
PH - new promix, tap water 6.5-7
RH - 40% to 55%
Room Temperature 74-76
Room Square Footage - Cabinet 22"x27"
Pests - None Known

Pictures please. It will make it much easier to diagnose the problem.

image.jpg

Maybe my original mistake of too much humidity sent them beyond recovery?
Based on your temps your RH was not an issue. I know it may stir up some stuff here but I'd also say to get your pH down to 6.1 for now. I think it's too high if your medium is not buffering correctly anymore.

I have room to move one plant to 3 gallon pot, will do that today and see if it improves compared to the other two.

Thanks
It can't hurt at this point. Can you get us a pic of the roots while you have it out? That helps too.

I'm assuming promix PH will be in range when new?
Yes it will and a pH of 6.5 should buffer fine, but you will still have some old stuff going in as well so it still couldn't hurt.
Originally RH was 70-80% before I got exhaust fan installed.
Although in the danger zone it still would not have been that severe an issue. You can see this chart here on where the RH should be at a certain temperature, based on the grow cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom