The Mega Crop Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, I'm trying not to be a smartass here, but what is it you see that says too much Ca? I'd like to learn to.
I know you are just trying to understand where I am coming from, so no worries. I have seen the effect of preloading too much calcium in soil. Many of the symptoms we are seeing look very familiar.
You too have seen a few calcium toxicities in this thread that make one wonder, how could this be? Then when trying to figure out why most of our problems present as potassium deficiencies, you have to go to Mulder to find out why. 7.1% of the MC mix is Calcium. Ca toxicity makes perfect sense and much more a simple explanation than pH, which is barely mentioned as important by GLN.

the OP has not come back with any info on water type used

To another of Sauga's mentions, I'm not sure of his water source.

I would also look at the quality of the water used. If the OP doesn’t have a water quality report available, the use of RO water should probably be considered.

I know you are just trying to understand where I am coming from, so no worries. I have seen the effect of preloading too much calcium in soil. Many of the symptoms we are seeing look very familiar.
You too have seen a few calcium toxicities in this thread that make one wonder, how could this be? Then when trying to figure out why most of our problems present as potassium deficiencies, you have to go to Mulder to find out why. 7.1% of the MC mix is Calcium. Ca toxicity makes perfect sense and much more a simple explanation than pH, which is barely mentioned as important by GLN.
I am trying to understand where you are coming from. I don't see any reason to believe his soil is high in Ca and you never gave me a reason to agree with you on that. I have seen several issues caused by lack of or too much of MC, and also issues when supplements were added such as calmag.
From what farside says he is in Promix HP and of every grow I have seen the plants take 5-6.5g without any Ca lockouts.
I'm sorry but I totally disagree with your thoery on Ca buildup and lockout. It may not be pH either, but I can assure you it's not Ca related.

I would also look at the quality of the water used. If the OP doesn’t have a water quality report available, the use of RO water should probably be considered.
I use nasty local tapwater that I don't even drink it has so much chloramine in it... I can't believe that his water suddenly stopped working.

It was working fine until he increased the MC... follow the clues.
You answered it yourself ... what are the odds all plants would have had the same reaction? If it was one plant, OK, maybe you are on to something, but it's the whole garden. Your theory is all wrong. I told you mine was a guess. What else can we do but guess? I base my guesses on logic and experience and not just to sound like I know what I am talking about.

Now don't get ugly... I am basing all of this on Mulder's chart of interactions, of which calcium is a major major interactor. I also know that GLN has put massive amounts of calcium in the mix... 7 freaking percent. I try hard not to guess, but instead use science and known facts as my clues. OP reported that the problem started when he increased the MC... just as it did in my own personal experiment. I am not guessing.

I use nasty local tapwater that I don't even drink it has so much chloramine in it... I can't believe that his water suddenly stopped working.

I’m referring to mineral content - like maybe it contains a lot of calcium..

I’m referring to mineral content - like maybe it contains a lot of calcium..
could be... mine does too.... but the point remains that it was working beautifully for him until he increased the MC beyond what the plants could handle, and nutes that are not used began to build up.

I am basing all of this on Mulder's chart of interactions, of which calcium is a major major interactor. I also know that GLN has put massive amounts of calcium in the mix... 7 freaking percent.
It's hard not to get ugly sometimes when you fail to accept you may be wrong in certain cases. I find it totally fascinating that without even having one complete grow under your belt with this product that you can make such bold statements as it being a Ca issue.
I can only tell you again, that 5g of MC in any size container at that stage of growth will not cause an issue of Ca buildup. The product wouldn't sell!

I won't get ugly anymore as I added all I needed to the OP's issue. The OP can add more info when he's ready and further diagnosis can be done then, but for now I remain convinced the problem is not a Ca issue.

If calcium were the true culprit, everyone of us that supplements calcium on top of the existing amount in Mega Crop would be having this issue, and that's not the case. 7% isn't really that huge on amount. Tissue samples have shown levels as high as 12%, so there's still headroom.

settle down kids !... :cheesygrinsmiley:

it's still the same answer... flush and re-balance nutes
can always start with less and ramp... won't hurt a thing..

and there we are... I remain convinced it is not a pH issue and instead of guess and questions, have offered a solution.
Yes you did. You offered imo an incorrect solution which will cause more issues. The very first post I made was to test his soil. No guessing. If a lockout has not occurred because of a Ca buildup, which it hasn't, then the next step is to test for pH in the medium. Once that comes back as good or bad you can go from there.

what issues could possibly be caused by flushing the soil and coming back in at a lower MC base rate? Please...
The plant was not overfed, so coming back with a lower rate of feed starves it of what it needs this late in flower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom