The Mega Crop Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was perusing as i am want to do,, the mega site and came across this,,

"
We are starting a blog here to help track official news and updates for our products!
Here is the Mega Crop release history update:
July 2017: Original product release (v1)
December 2018: 1st product update. Increase Calcium and Magnesium/Sulfur (v2)
August 2019: 2nd minor update. Increase again Magnesium and P (v2.5)

"

edit,, as per the lack of ph info on the mega mega crop thread,,

well, im most humble o, it is not megas job to teach each and everyone about their own ph issue

here are my hempys from 2 days ago...

all growing along nice. on 5.5 g / gal RO. nothing else.
moved them last night. gonna update my journal tonight or tomorrow.
they are getting flipped right away..

The plant was not overfed, so coming back with a lower rate of feed starves it of what it needs this late in flower.
ok, I will wait and see what our questioner decides to do and watch the results. Meanwhile, a similar experiment in my tent is going well and proving me to be correct. My plants are hardly starving in mid flower at 5g/gal.

There will be more of these problem cases as we move forward because I am seeing a significant amount of others who are finding that rushing up to 6g or more too fast can be dangerous in smaller grows.

Sorry to make such a stir @bluter but I feel it was time to put a fresh set of eyes on this, very experienced eyes I might add. Kudos for starting this thread, so that these discussion could be had. I am seeing people around the boards getting in trouble with MC and after saying a few bad words, are really bad mouthing the product and never coming back. All I am trying to do is figure it out and come up with some real solutions for these people rather than kicking the ball down the road and telling them to analyze their soil, water.... anything but the rate they are applying the products. I am in love with this product, but not some of the misinformation being presented about it all over the internet. By the time I am a couple more grows into this I hope that we have it all figured out. Right now, we obviously don't, with two of the top growers out here arguing about symptoms and solutions, and this conversation needs to continue.

What's the first thing we recommend for a build-up of salts and/or nutrients in any media? For soil / soil less it's a flush, for any form of hydro other than drain-to-waste, it's a reservoir change.

Whether it's a lockout caused by calcium, or something else, shouldn't this be the first step?

Happy Hempies! Good job! It is actually you who first reminded me that less is more.

Sure look ready to flip!
:popcorn:

I use nasty local tapwater that I don't even drink it has so much chloramine in it... I can't believe that his water suddenly stopped working.

don't wanna flog up a beaten horse ... my tap water does swing something awful. ph, ppm, odour, all have rather awful moments here. usually together, but can play their own games as well. it is an issue almost famous in it's own right here.

outdoor or RO is on our crest of arms.... :cheesygrinsmiley:

Looking super for the flip.

thanks. gonna get my shit together and go get some steaks. bbq for the folks tonight as it's above 0c here today.
will take clones tonight and get some pics of the jungle room. have them on 18 / 6 right now. 12 /12 after a couple snips today.

Sorry to make such a stir @bluter

no worries and no need to apologize to me. this thread belongs to all.. it is self policed and very democratic.

i will jump in with iron hammers and rule from the roost try to help moderate from time to time
as i am an evil twit feel some responsibility for starting the thread.

ok, I will wait and see what our questioner decides to do and watch the results. Meanwhile, a similar experiment in my tent is going well and proving me to be correct. My plants are hardly starving in mid flower at 5g/gal.

am experiencing some nute tipping on mine as i go in to flower but am riding 5.5g / gal ro. i feel i am just a bit hot and they have the room. thinking i am probably topping closer to 6.0 on this run. maybe higher but under 6.5. everything is on read.

There will be more of these problem cases as we move forward because I am seeing a significant amount of others who are finding that rushing up to 6g or more too fast can be dangerous in smaller grows

seeing similar stuff in this thread as well. am probably gonna put together a "primer post " for those approaching mc for the first time. it's really very simple and i wish to keep it there. i'll be reaching out to some members here for guidance. but it won't be too involved.

i want them to have a grounding before the deeper debates gets them sidetracked.

Yes, but coming back with lower strength nutes was the issue I was having.
in my media it's ok as you can ramp fast either way. i do see your side. i don't think you are all that far apart in the fix. the cause maybe not so much. same same tho guys.. :bongrip:

Yes, but coming back with lower strength nutes was the issue I was having.
Why not come back with 1gm/gal less? If the problem was pH related, the flush would have handled it. Dropping the nutrient level would handle a lockout due to any excess. If the plant wants more, it will complain and let us know.

This may set the plant back a week or so, but so does a long discussion on what the exact problem could be while the plant continues to deteriorate.

Using V2 MC, FFHF soil, Mars Hydro Eco 300 for seedling start, moving to ts600 early because coverage on the eco 300 is 1sq foot.

Currently watering 4 ounces in circles around the seedlings. They are autoflowering so I move them from Rapid rooter to 5gal pots immediately.

What strength MC should I start after 3 weeks?

depends how large and developed...
Using V2 MC, FFHF soil, Mars Hydro Eco 300 for seedling start, moving to ts600 early because coverage on the eco 300 is 1sq foot.

Currently watering 4 ounces in circles around the seedlings. They are autoflowering so I move them from Rapid rooter to 5gal pots immediately.

prolly just above seedling strength. its a guess. pics go a long ways.... how many fingers am i holding up ?

When the plant shows the very first signs of a deficiency due to FFHF depletion, come in with 3-4gm gal MC.

Why not come back with 1gm/gal less? If the problem was pH related, the flush would have handled it. Dropping the nutrient level would handle a lockout due to any excess. If the plant wants more, it will complain and let us know.
Theoretically after a flush there would be no lockout and no need to reduce the amount of food. Again, the plant is in the late stages of flower so taking away key nutes is detrimental to the plant.
This may set the plant back a week or so, but so does a long discussion on what the exact problem could be while the plant continues to deteriorate.
No harm in lengthy discussions when the OP has not come back to add anything. It's still deteriorating as he hasn't seen any of the discussions I would think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom