The Mega Crop Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
and if he is using tap water or RO water mixed with MC, he is going to be right in there where he needs to be.

have noticed ph changes between mixes in ro with mc. i track it. normally i am in range myself and do not worry. the last 3 mixes were very much out of range and required ph. conditions change and i would never suggest ignoring it.

edit : my ppm remained consistent throughout

the pH range on this stuff is 8.0-5.0.... do we really think he is out of that range?? I am going by my own experience... when I moved up to 6g/g in early flower I got lockouts.
It's why I would do a slurry to test to find out what it's at. I'm going by my experience which says 5g of MC won't cause a lockout by itself, something else is doing it.

they are not actually very clear... they make one mention that for optimum nutrient uptake, adjust to your media

Let me narrow my statement down a bit more... if he is between 5.5 to 6.8, I don't believe this problem is pH related.

haven't been to their site in quite some time so went digging..

there is no mention of ph in the feed calculator which is where i would expect it. they have other relevant grow info there, with zero mention of ph.

so yeah, super vague.

there is some relevant info in the faq if you search, but there is no faq topic on it directly. you really have to look. seems an oversight

their quote on ph :

"You may want to add some pH adjuster to make sure the nutrient solution being delivered to the plants is between 5.5-6.5 pH for best absorption, this depends on your water supply and is unique to each individual farm. "

it is an faq asking what other products should be run with mc.

from both this and the general vagueness they broach on the topic, i think we can infer that ph is a factor, just not one they are super confident on. dependent on other conditions ( mostly base water ), you may not wind up in an ideal ph range. if ph is not monitored, and you continue to feed in this manner, you may run the risk of a ph based issue.

Momma says life is like a box of chocolates you never know what your going to get. Unless it comes with the little card indicating what the chocolates are.:slide:
that was case when there were multiple versions of mc shipping at the same time... :p

It's the pH of the medium to be concerned of, not the pH of nutes, so if his medium is not buffering correctly because of acidic or casutic soil then pH'ing the nutes has no effect.

this ^

something is out of balance. ph in. or ph of media. or combination of something in water / ph / nute triad.
quick answer is flush and re-balance nutes...

that is my go to but i am running hempy... it's always an easy answer for hempy.. not so much for other media.

5g of MC won't cause a lockout by itself, something else is doing it.
This is assuming that the plant is large and robust enough to handle 5g... Some wouldn't, such as an auto in a 3 gallon container, or a plant that has been struggling or coming in from another nute line. It is my belief that we need to be very wary of that top end, because it is a dangerous line up there that must not be crossed... and it is slow to recover from without flushing out all the excess calcium. I have seen that a gradual reduction will work to clear the excess without a flush, but it takes 3 full watering cycles to get the job done.
My experiment continues in my tent, totally proving this theory to be correct. I am SO confident of what I have found, that I am going to continue my experiments with the SC and BE... but at much reduced rates.

I remain unconvinced that pH has anything to do with this problem.

quick answer is flush and re-balance nutes...

that is my go to but i am running hempy... it's always an easy answer for hempy.. not so much for other media.
It's not always the answer in other media as you say, especially if the water he is using is akaline.
Most know that water alkalinity is a measurement of carbonates and/or bicarbonates in the water, or simply put it's the amount of limestone dissolved in the water. The higher the alkalinity, the faster the pH of the growing medium climbs regardless of the water pH.

I'm guessing as much as the rest as the OP has not come back with any info on water type used and anything else that has been added to the media.

Some wouldn't, such as an auto in a 3 gallon container, or a plant that has been struggling or coming in from another nute line.
I'm not sure what an auto has to do with it. 3 gallon. 5 gallon or a 10 gallon makes no difference on the feed amount. What makes the difference is the feed frequency. I don't see GLN's calculator stating only feed 4g of MC in 3 gallon pots.

yes... calcium is out of whack and has built up in the soil. Yes on the flush and rebalance.

so if reading you correct.... calcium tox causing n lockout and subsequent p or k lockout or both ?
i never really drill down on a lockout or imbalances enough to read how deep they are ... :bongrip:

I'm sorry Em, but where are you getting this info?

i'm going with the fact mc claims a whack of calcium sources in their mix lol .. :cheesygrinsmiley:

edit : quick... taking odds

i'm going with the fact mc claims a whack of calcium sources in their mix lol .. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Not enough at the rate he was feeding his plant. I already went over earlier in this thread when you start to exceed the max doses of MC and that plant is well into flower and should have been able to handle 5-5.5g without any issues.

Not enough at the rate he was feeding his plant. I already went over earlier in this thread when you start to exceed the max doses of MC and that plant is well into flower and should have been able to handle 5-5.5g without any issues.

probably not. we are needing a little more info.

I'm with Sauga, 5 should be no issue. I believe when I searched the O.P.'s posts the other day, he's in Pro Mix, is only feeding Mega with no other supplements, and feeds to 20% runoff, so build up shouldn't be an issue. I did see where he had some low temp issues. I know from earlier in my latest grow I had temps down to 62 and my plants responded poorly and showed signs that looked like possible deficiencies but it was purely environmental. Heat solved everything. To another of Sauga's mentions, I'm not sure of his water source. Mega uses almost entirely Nitrate Nitrogen, which is best when you have a quality water source. If you have high ppm water, it's recommended that you use a fertilizer that contains a greater portion of Amonical Nitrogen to help maintain the proper pH of your medium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom