The Mega Crop Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
this one has me wondering

444-jpg.1985826

Homer, if you're going to roll the calmag way, might I suggest tackling 2 birds with 1 stone?

a) Get the Gen Hydrom Cal Mag + (CaliMagic+?) it's a 1-0-0 base.
b) Get some DynaGro ProTekt which is silica, and it's a 0-0-3 base.

Use a 1:1 ratio of calmag to the protekt and you'll be in business. In flower, try 5g of each in flower. I add the calmag, mix, then the silica, and mix, then add in your MC and mix. May be able to add the silica last, but not sure.

The short of all of that, is really for the silica. It helps in building your stems and branches, as well as enabling the plant to better fight against things too. Since you're going to add the calmag anyway, might as well get the silica benefit too, and also keep your NPK ratios in the right spot. :)
I appreciate the input and will try the Cal Mag for sure but I don't like to change more than one variable at a time so I know what is making the biggest difference. I may try the ProTekt later.

Totally new to the MC world so no experience at all with it. However, from what I've read, the first version of the nutes did that. The second version and forward corrected the mag issues. Maybe that's why you are having issues everyone else isn't? You might just have the first version that is gonna require some mag correction and the others are running a later version? I don't know... just a thought.

But I agree, some calmag should fix it.
I am using version II so it should be good but I am still going to try the Calmag because I have already tried everything else.

i see mostly a little healthy nute tipping suggesting you are at the high edge of the nutes, and a normal yellowing as the plant pulls reserves from the fans to build...

what's the media homer ? kinda looks like perlite in cloth bag which is out there if it is lol
I am definitely at the high end of nutes because I am at 9g/gal. Interesting you think it is just normal yellowing and I do agree it is mostly my fans that are bad and the sugar leaves seem pretty healthy. But I see tons of photos of finished plants that are green and healthy so I can't help thinking mine have a deficiency? Now you have me totally confused, lol. But I still appreciate the input.

No, not a bag full of perlite, lol. Promix HP.

Thanks all for the input. :high-five: I am off to get some calmag.

Homer, if you're going to roll the calmag way, might I suggest tackling 2 birds with 1 stone?

a) Get the Gen Hydrom Cal Mag + (CaliMagic+?) it's a 1-0-0 base.
b) Get some DynaGro ProTekt which is silica, and it's a 0-0-3 base.

Use a 1:1 ratio of calmag to the protekt and you'll be in business. In flower, try 5g of each in flower. I add the calmag, mix, then the silica, and mix, then add in your MC and mix. May be able to add the silica last, but not sure.

The short of all of that, is really for the silica. It helps in building your stems and branches, as well as enabling the plant to better fight against things too. Since you're going to add the calmag anyway, might as well get the silica benefit too, and also keep your NPK ratios in the right spot. :)

If you're using Silica, add it to your water 1st, then Cal Mag, and lastly the Mega Crop. Liquid Silica supplements are temperamental beasts and the Silica can congeal if they are added after other nutes.

I use This Cal-Mag Product. If you like the idea of not paying for water, like with Mega Crop, buy this and add it to a gallon of water. Makes the same product as Botanicares Cal-Mag+ at a much lower cost.

Greenway Biotech Cal-Mag Plus Hydroponic 2-0-0 Concentrate for Hydroponics and Soil Growing

1665093293334.png

I am definitely at the high end of nutes because I am at 9g/gal. Interesting you think it is just normal yellowing and I do agree it is mostly my fans that are bad and the sugar leaves seem pretty healthy. But I see tons of photos of finished plants that are green and healthy so I can't help thinking mine have a deficiency? Now you have me totally confused, lol. But I still appreciate the input.

No, not a bag full of perlite, lol. Promix HP.

my fans got super chewed up in flower. the bud leaves are green as ireland.

full

easiest to see on the master kush

full

@bluter
remember how magnesium can and usually does cause burn spots and not just damage at the ends of the leaves... this looks more like a potassium deficiency to me, a mobile element and starting low just as it should as the plant tries to supply what the new growth needs. More MC appears to be the answer, not immediately assuming that an additional supplement is needed.

my fans got super chewed up in flower. the bud leaves are green as ireland.

full

easiest to see on the master kush

full
You are correct in that my sugar leaves still seem pretty healthy so it may be a natural yellowing of my fan leaves but take a look at @MrSauga's plants here at the end of life, green and healthy looking so I don't really know if I agree with the fading theory.
cd4-2324.jpg

remember how magnesium can and usually does cause burn spots and not just damage at the ends of the leaves... this looks more like a potassium deficiency to me, a mobile element and starting low just as it should as the plant tries to supply what the new growth needs. More MC appears to be the answer, not immediately assuming that an additional supplement is needed.
I did take your advice and up my MC from 6 to 7 to 8 and finally now to 9g/gal over about a month so I can't see more MC being the answer. I have never heard of anyone going higher than 9g/gal.

I did take your advice and up my MC from 6 to 7 to 8 and finally now to 9g/gal over about a month so I can't see more MC being the answer. I have never heard of anyone going higher than 9g/gal.
sorry homer... I was responding to @bluter there and forgot to tag him on it... I am still perplexed by your situation.

sorry homer... I was responding to @bluter there and forgot to tag him on it... I am still perplexed by your situation.
At least I am not the only perplexed one, lol. Since changing my MC up and down hasn't helped I am going to get some Calmag today.

At least I am not the only perplexed one, lol. Since changing my MC up and down hasn't helped I am going to get some Calmag today.
I dont really see a problem Homer... your canopy looks great, your buds look great... and what you are fighting might just be the plant sloughing off leaves it no longer needs and that are under the canopy. I will be curious to see what happens with the supplemental calmag.

@bluter

it started high lol.
i finished at 2.2g MC / L ro. about a third over MC feed schedule. like homer i was running hot.
chopping tomorrow.

the bottoms did yellow. just not as bad or crispy :cheesygrinsmiley:

it started high lol.
i finished at 2.2g MC / L ro. about a third over MC feed schedule. like homer i was running hot.
chopping tomorrow.

the bottoms did yellow. just not as bad or crispy :cheesygrinsmiley:
had to be multiple problems then and maybe we need to start looking for excesses instead of just deficiencies.... still perplexed here and experimenting.... pushing my MC'ers hard.

had to be multiple problems then and maybe we need to start looking for excesses instead of just deficiencies.... still perplexed here and experimenting.... pushing my MC'ers hard.

guessing roots. there is a whole story behind these.

mites. over veg. root rot. gnats. emergency 2/3 root chop and up pot. extreme lolipop. nute change. caged. i could go on.... :p

I dont really see a problem Homer... your canopy looks great, your buds look great... and what you are fighting might just be the plant sloughing off leaves it no longer needs and that are under the canopy. I will be curious to see what happens with the supplemental calmag.
Perhaps you are correct about the plant sloughing off leaves it no longer needs but other's results make me doubt that. I just picked up some calmag so I will add to this plant to see how it helps but I fear it may be too late for this plant but I have two genetically identical NL clones in veg and I am planning on using Calmag on just one for a test.

If you're using Silica, add it to your water 1st, then Cal Mag, and lastly the Mega Crop. Liquid Silica supplements are temperamental beasts and the Silica can congeal if they are added after other nutes.

Looks like I'd better switch up my order before I get into higher doses and jack it up. :D

Thanks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom