The Mega Crop Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Homer Simpson
Take this as you will....
From what I have read no one has mentioned the upgrade to your newest lighting setup.... NextMEGA is an improved led with much greater output that your typical blurple or Mars LEDs.

This will drive your plant to be more calmag hungry. I’ve noticed this significantly between the Mars SP-150 and my new BudgetLED’s. The high quality Samsung LEDs are forcing the plants to eat/drink more and I had to add calmag to my IHG seedlings on their second watering. I noticed the classic signs of calmag deficiency early with them under the 120W led which I NEVER experienced with the mars lights.

Quality of LEDS definitely had a big impact on your plant!!

Now as @MrSauga had mentioned with increasing MC your other ratios can get unbalanced in your NPK who could in turn cause a magnesium deficiency or lockout causing your leaf issues.

I may be wrong or way off but this is just my first thought when thinking of your setup. I noticed a huge difference between cheaper LEDs to High Quality LEDs and the demands of the plant

Otherwise I would agree about possibly being rootbound. You say it’s already at 80% if it’s size during veg but the biggest part of a plants growth cycle is the first few weeks in FLOWER. You would be surprised at the growth that happens below during this time as well.

Just my ramblings so carry on!

Also, that is an enormous plant in a 5 gallon pot, and I would guess it might be rootbound. Rootbound plants, even in cloth bags, can show deficiencies not seen in a similar plant that is not rootbound, like your smaller ones.
Dont want to sound like a twat here but that pot for a massive girl like that , could she be root bound Pennywise , Emilya ?.
Shed's on that train too. What to do, what to do. Nothing at this point. Run them 'til it's over and check that root ball after harvest.
I'm on the fence with it. I've seen big plants in 5gal not have an issue with roots, but that doesn't mean anything from plant to plant.

wow they have changed jack. going for it now matey. sodding Jumanji in here.lol
O yeah I can’t b happier with them hey so my wife starting a white widow n b using mc with no checking ph or nothing the hole run we will c how it works

84 Days after Germination, All Plants in Flower

full

Front View of the Tents

full

Granddaddy Purple #1 (DIY 8 COB Array)
_______________________________________________________________​

full

Granddaddy Purple #2 (Mars Hydro Tent & TSW-2000)

full

Granddaddy Purple #3 (DIY 8 COB Array)

It's been a busy week. All of the plants have had a light defoliation, and had the sucker shoots removed. They are all sharing the same batch of Mega Crop, at 6.5gm / gallon.

GDP #1 has had a daily dose of STS on the branch being reversed. This will be droped to every second day for the next week. It drinks about 2l per day.

GDP #2 was put on a Lazy Susan and flipped this morning. This plant is HEAVY. I won't be pulling it from the tent for photographs any more. The Lazy Susan will let me get at the entire plant for maintenance. She's a heavy drinker at 4l per day. I've got to increase this as I'm getting very little, if any run off at this rate.

GDP #3 continues growing, happily drinking its 2l per day.

I saved the cuttings from GDP #3 for a neighbor. They are sitting in from of GDP #2. I didn't save those from GDP #1, as some were sprayed with the STS. The twenty or so cuttings should be more than plenty for my neighbor.

Shed's on that train too. What to do, what to do. Nothing at this point. Run them 'til it's over and check that root ball after harvest.
I'm on the fence with it. I've seen big plants in 5gal not have an issue with roots, but that doesn't mean anything from plant to plant.
I saw Sheds after I posted as was working backwards through posts Doh!. lol .
if in smaller pots then a more regular feeding must be needed to make up for the lack of medium to hold any. I imagine a good rootball displaces a good amount of it too and the only way it can move is up . airier and dryer medium will soak up a normal feed before it gets deep enough to reach the deeper,older roots. I think it is better suited to a dripper or flood drain, Wilma ect with increased feed cycle to compensate for small pots or multiple feeds maybe. only reason I thought about feed amounts and the dropping leaves.

O yeah I can’t b happier with them hey so my wife starting a white widow n b using mc with no checking ph or nothing the hole run we will c how it works
Will be good to compare with .

full

Front View of the Tents

full

full

full

It's been a busy week. All of the plants have had a light defoliation, and had the sucker shoots removed. They are all sharing the same batch of Mega Crop, at 6.5gm / gallon.

GDP #1 has had a daily dose of STS on the branch being reversed. This will be droped to every second day for the next week. It drinks about 2l per day.

GDP #2 was put on a Lazy Susan and flipped this morning. This plant is HEAVY. I won't be pulling it from the tent for photographs any more. The Lazy Susan will let me get at the entire plant for maintenance. She's a heavy drinker at 4l per day. I've got to increase this as I'm getting very little, if any run off at this rate.

I saved the cuttings from GDP #3 for a neighbor. They are sitting in from of GDP #2. I didn't save those from GDP #1, as some were sprayed with the STS. The twenty or so cuttings should be more than plenty for my neighbor.
nice work salt. looks lively and green too.

full

Front View of the Tents

full

full

full

#2 kinda looks like some of the leafy heads of cabbage I'm growing. Since they share lineage (I'm growing Purple Urkle) it makes me think I'm not too far off base. I haven't done much defoliation on mine yet and don't plant to until after they stretch. I just flipped yesterday after 5 weeks of veg.

#2 kinda looks like some of the leafy heads of cabbage I'm growing. Since they share lineage (I'm growing Purple Urkle) it makes me think I'm not too far off base. I haven't done much defoliation on mine yet and don't plant to until after they stretch. I just flipped yesterday after 5 weeks of veg.

They are leaning heavily on the indica side, so I expected the short squat plants. I shouldn't have to worry about plant headroom this grow. :D

They are leaning heavily on the indica side, so I expected the short squat plants. I shouldn't have to worry about plant headroom this grow. :D

Shorter doesn't break my heart. My small tent is only 63" high. Then take out for risers, pot height, top mounted filter/fan and the light, there's not a lot of room for taller girls.

Shorter doesn't break my heart. My small tent is only 63" high. Then take out for risers, pot height, top mounted filter/fan and the light, there's not a lot of room for taller girls.

That's why I replaced my 2' X 4' X 5' with a 2' X 4' X 7' - 8' tent. With the filter out of the tent, I have 4-1/2' for the plants. During my last grow I had 5-1/2' plants. I think steering them between the COBs with the reflectors installed prevented a major case of light burn.

That's why I replaced my 2' X 4' X 5' with a 2' X 4' X 7' - 8' tent. With the filter out of the tent, I have 4-1/2' for the plants. During my last grow I had 5-1/2' plants. I think steering them between the COBs with the reflectors installed prevented a major case of light burn.

My closet with the existing shelving is 33" wide. They don't make taller 32" tents. I'd have to remove the shelving in order to get a 3x3 which comes in taller sizes.

My closet with the existing shelving is 33" wide. They don't make taller 32" tents. I'd have to remove the shelving in order to get a 3x3 which comes in taller sizes.

Yes, the first consideration is where to put the tents, then you go as high as you can squeeze in there.

Yes, the first consideration is where to put the tents, then you go as high as you can squeeze in there.

That said, I have been contemplating shortening the shelf and getting a 3'x'3'.

full

Front View of the Tents

full

full

full

Real healthy looking girls Salt. Nice work!
:thumb:

Thats looking real good Jack, I think you are going to need some string or supports soon though.
I was just thinking the same thing lol n very soon there packing the weight fast

Dont want to sound like a twat here but that pot for a massive girl like that , could she be root bound Pennywise , Emilya ?.
That definitely could be the entire problem
thinking of the "below as above" logic of squashed root halting feed as they collapse under pressure , killing supply line per leaf set dying.
@Homer Simpson
Take this as you will....
From what I have read no one has mentioned the upgrade to your newest lighting setup.... NextMEGA is an improved led with much greater output that your typical blurple or Mars LEDs.

This will drive your plant to be more calmag hungry. I’ve noticed this significantly between the Mars SP-150 and my new BudgetLED’s. The high quality Samsung LEDs are forcing the plants to eat/drink more and I had to add calmag to my IHG seedlings on their second watering. I noticed the classic signs of calmag deficiency early with them under the 120W led which I NEVER experienced with the mars lights.

Quality of LEDS definitely had a big impact on your plant!!

Now as @MrSauga had mentioned with increasing MC your other ratios can get unbalanced in your NPK who could in turn cause a magnesium deficiency or lockout causing your leaf issues.

I may be wrong or way off but this is just my first thought when thinking of your setup. I noticed a huge difference between cheaper LEDs to High Quality LEDs and the demands of the plant

Otherwise I would agree about possibly being rootbound. You say it’s already at 80% if it’s size during veg but the biggest part of a plants growth cycle is the first few weeks in FLOWER. You would be surprised at the growth that happens below during this time as well.

Just my ramblings so carry on!
Thanks for all the input folks; what a great resource this site is! It never would have crossed my mind that my yellowing problem could be from being rootbound but when I checked my soil on my last grow for pH when I was retrieving the sample from my pot the soil was so full of roots it was hard to get the root ball out of the fabric pot so I would say that could be my problem. Also as Dutch suggests it could be my MegaLight demanding more nutes which I also suspect which Shed mentioned also when I first got the MegaLight.

As I mentioned in an earlier post I only like to change one variable at a time so I know what is responsible for any improvements and yesterday I bought calmag so if that doesn't solve my problem I will try bigger pots next. Thanks again to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom