The Mega Crop Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the input folks; what a great resource this site is! It never would have crossed my mind that my yellowing problem could be from being rootbound but when I checked my soil on my last grow for pH when I was retrieving the sample from my pot the soil was so full of roots it was hard to get the root ball out of the fabric pot so I would say that could be my problem. Also as Dutch suggests it could be my MegaLight demanding more nutes which I also suspect which Shed mentioned also when I first got the MegaLight.

As I mentioned in an earlier post I only like to change one variable at a time so I know what is responsible for any improvements and yesterday I bought calmag so if that doesn't solve my problem I will try bigger pots next. Thanks again to all.

What is your temperature and humidity, (VPD)?

I have similar problems with fan leaves, upping the MC and getting VPD to ideal range, exhaust fan was too low and humidity too high.

Not seeing dramatic results so far.

What is your temperature and humidity, (VPD)?

I have similar problems with fan leaves, upping the MC and getting VPD to ideal range, exhaust fan was too low and humidity too high.

Not seeing dramatic results so far.
My temp stays pretty close to 75F and my humidity this time of year is between 30-40% so I think I am safe in that department.

My humidity rises and falls with the weather and the only place in the entire process that I worry about it is in the harvest drying tent. The local humidity is 19 RH right now and my plants are doing fine, both in veg and bloom. Earlier in the year the RH around here was near 100%, it is Missouri after all, but again, I have never seen my plants harmed by this. Yes, you can fine tune your grow by dialing in the correct VPD, but not doing so is not going to ruin your grow, especially if you keep the humidity within normal house living conditions levels.

My humidity rises and falls with the weather and the only place in the entire process that I worry about it is in the harvest drying tent. The local humidity is 19 RH right now and my plants are doing fine, both in veg and bloom. Earlier in the year the RH around here was near 100%, it is Missouri after all, but again, I have never seen my plants harmed by this. Yes, you can fine tune your grow by dialing in the correct VPD, but not doing so is not going to ruin your grow, especially if you keep the humidity within normal house living conditions levels.
Thanks, good to know. VPD gets discussed often so I assumed more significance.
I did noticed that lowering RH allows me to water more often and feed more often.

Other things to consider: Light COB 54watt a bit close at 16" but top leaves look better than lower.
Fan small non oscillating, should I cycle it on 15min/off 15min instead of constant?

Space is small cabinet 22"X27" in garage.

Thanks, good to know. VPD gets discussed often so I assumed more significance.
I did noticed that lowering RH allows me to water more often and feed more often.

Other things to consider: Light COB 54watt a bit close at 16" but top leaves look better than lower.
Fan small non oscillating, should I cycle it on 15min/off 15min instead of constant?

Space is small cabinet 22"X27" in garage.
Just keep the fan going... not only does it help with transpiration but it also exercises the plants to make their trunks stronger and it keeps away mold and mildew. It is hard to get too much wind in a grow area.
Lower RH allows the leaves to evaporate more water, increasing the amount of pressure the roots can exert. Good fan action does this too. Keep in mind that your containers dry out, not due to evaporation, but due to the plant's ability to USE all of that water.

i grow with whatever rh% i'm given.

like jack i only worry about clones or seedlings.
will raise the rh for clones with a simple bubbler under a dome. seedlings just get the dome for a while.

usually dry here. it's a bit easier adding than taking rh out.

I agree with the consensus that humidity doesn't have that much bearing. In the summer the air conditioning and my de-humidifier keep it below 50% and in the winter my homemade humidifier keeps it above 30% and within that range, I don't see any difference in my plants all year round. But yes I do put my cuttings under a dome for a week or two but once they are out of the dome they are fine with whatever the house humidity is.

i grow with whatever rh% i'm given.

like jack i only worry about clones or seedlings.
will raise the rh for clones with a simple bubbler under a dome. seedlings just get the dome for a while.

usually dry here. it's a bit easier adding than taking rh out.
Amen brother I’m not the only one n yess I make shure my clones n things like that get enough rh it’s very important in growing roots

That's too low even for flower (if the chart I'm looking at is correct), perhaps a tent would help raise your humidity.
RH 45-55% @75F is about what my target is but I'm open to suggestions from more experienced growers.
That's too low even for flower (if the chart I'm looking at is correct), perhaps a tent would help raise your humidity.
RH 45-55% @75F is about what my target is but I'm open to suggestions from more experienced growers.
This is the chart I use to set my VPD

I have been convinced that things are working very well and that MC is supplying all of the needs so far.
Day 16... @Vulx, MC, soil, tap water, NO pH adjustment.
DSCF7527.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom