The pH Or Not To pH Grow Journal

Sorry guys. I haven't done an update in a week. Been busy sending out my resume looking for a new job. My boss was suppose to call me back by the end of the month but with AZ. being a Covid Hot Spot things are still pretty slow around here. Problem is Unemployment goes down to $240 a week now & I'm pretty much toast if I don't find work or if they don't extend unemployment.

Anyway, to the plant progress.

I took some pics a few days ago but haven't had a chance to post them. Still feeding both plants at 2 grams of MC per gallon. 1 at 6.4 pH & the other has consistently had a pH between 6.8 - 7.0.
I've topped both plants once at the 4th node & they have grown out some since then. Both plants still seem to be doing fine up to this point. I'l be up-potting these girls again in a day or 2.
Here's some pics.
I'll post new ones after the up-pot as they are twice this size right now.
7-155.JPG
7-156.JPG
7-157.JPG
7-158.JPG
7-161.JPG

Unfortunately I am in the same boat, I’m a restaurant manager and the restaurant I worked for closed down for good, but another franchise is buying it to make it the same restaurant, so management is given the option to get rehired, but being in another hotspot “NC” they aren’t going to open while it’s crazy like this, I’m hoping they extend unemployment at least at what our income was

Wish you guys the best in your job searches. I’m in the same boat with ya!

Plants look great buds bunny! Gonna be interesting to see if the ph remains stable in the soil with not adjusting ph before watering.

OMG I'm scared for the no ph girl! But if your tap ph stays consistent, you may be OK. Ours usually runs 7, sometimes 6.5, so when I add something higher in nitrogen, ph drops to 5
When I first started adding anything, I wasn't aware of it until I almost killed my squash and tomato plants. Glad I discovered this before growing MMJ!

OMG I'm scared for the no ph girl! But if your tap ph stays consistent, you may be OK. Ours usually runs 7, sometimes 6.5, so when I add something higher in nitrogen, ph drops to 5
When I first started adding anything, I wasn't aware of it until I almost killed my squash and tomato plants. Glad I discovered this before growing MMJ!
This I think is why BB is running this experiment. There are those of us that believe that as long as the pH of your nutrient mix is between 7.5 - 5.0, all will be ok with a MC grow. Since it is aminochelated, it is not nearly as dependent on being in a narrow pH range as in an EDTA chelated nutrient system, and because of this a very large percentage of the MC nutrients are mobile across this very wide pH range, which each of these experimental plants are well within.

This I think is why BB is running this experiment. There are those of us that believe that as long as the pH of your nutrient mix is between 7.5 - 5.0, all will be ok with a MC grow. Since it is aminochelated, it is not nearly as dependent on being in a narrow pH range as in an EDTA chelated nutrient system, and because of this a very large percentage of the MC nutrients are mobile across this very wide pH range, which each of these experimental plants are well within.

i'd love to let go of ph in my hempy grows. can't quite shake it though. seems to make no difference till about mid veg, then starts to fall apart.

i think buds is gonna do great on this non ph experiment. keep at it.

So far not really much of a difference at all in the 2 plants. One is just slightly taller is all. Both look like they are ready for stronger nutes though as the leaves are a little on the light green side. I'll go to 3 grams MC per gallon after I up-pot in the next day or 2. I'm kind of wondering if the nute pH will change as I strengthen it. But so far the pH is well within range.

So far not really much of a difference at all in the 2 plants. One is just slightly taller is all. Both look like they are ready for stronger nutes though as the leaves are a little on the light green side. I'll go to 3 grams MC per gallon after I up-pot in the next day or 2. I'm kind of wondering if the nute pH will change as I strengthen it. But so far the pH is well within range.
Nutes are usually acidic, so logic says the stronger the nute solution becomes, the more acidic it will also become. I am curious though, having never measured mine through the entire last grow.

Well I got the 2 ladies up-potted to 2 gallon pots last night. The 2 branches have grown out some since the Topping. Starting to feed at 3 grams of MC per gallon at next feed. Will see if it changes the nute pH any. So far the un-pH'd nutes have stayed 6.8 - 7.0. No real differences so far.
8-13.JPG
8-14.JPG
8-15.JPG
8-16.JPG

Today I started feeding at 3 grams MC per gallon. Un-pH'd was 6.0. The other of course was pH'd to 6.4. Both still seem to be doing just fine so far. I'm now feeding about 48 oz. per plant every 3 days. They're growing pretty quickly so probably 2 weeks till their final 5 gallon pots.
Here's some pics.
8-17.JPG
8-18.JPG
8-19.JPG
8-20.JPG
8-21.JPG
8-22.JPG

1st feeding at 3 grams. I was in 1 gallon pots at 2 grams. Up-potted to 2 gallon & upped nutes to 3 grams. Up-potting slower than normal to give these Auto's time to finish I have in the grow room.
I'm looking at another 2 - 3 weeks to finish them minimum. Trying to not outgrow my space.

Back
Top Bottom