The Physicist's Indoor Soil Vanilla Frosting

You would think the LEC would have a higher ppfd and better coverage.
It comes down to the Reflector used. A 3x3 LEC is going to be worse than a 3x3 LED board in terms of spatial intensity distribution typically.
Thats why I’m running two 2x4 reflectors in my 4x4 rather than two 3x3s which wouldnt fill out well. I’m after terps more than anything else.

Quantum boards/small led but large quantity or many cobs definitely has a smoother intensity distribution. Once uva and far red leds become cheaper, led will take over the whole grow market

They are pretty far along. The laser world always is needing higher power diodes at higher efficiencies and higher brightness, it won’t be very long haha every year they take leaps in improvement.

Close to getting my perpetual journal going. Just been slammed by work moving into a new laser lab! Getting myself dual tables for my prototypes! Pretty excited two big 5’x10’ tables.
Here is a shot of the ladies, left row top to bottom:
Venom Og, Sunset Blvd, Rozè
Mid Row:
Blue Dream (Haze lineage really showing)
Right Row:
Magic Mellon

5EF1B1E6-E366-4EA0-B872-12ACDFA74985.jpeg
C95279F7-7772-443C-8B5E-14CA3461F85E.jpeg

No roots on the clones yet, will post more pics later. Moving the light up stopped the continued yellowing it seems on the clones, but one leaf got hit way hard with the light it seems but we will see. I dabbed the base of them today as they were dryish in some pH 5.5 water with tiny cal mag/superthrive/tiger bloom.

I am thinking my initial cloning solution maybe not have been applied right as I didn’t drip it in the rockwool cube.

however, with the blue dream popping like it is, I am going to experiment with many various cloning methods to see which produces the best results for various environments. On the startup lineup:
Clonex
Dip n Grow
Rockwool Cubes
FFOF
Root Rioters
03666985-2E73-4C72-A674-F7F2F37946EE.jpeg
672EC9C0-FDF9-46BF-B7A1-4DD26558DC85.jpeg

You could also make a dwc cloner out of reused parts pretty easily for your comparison. Also coco works similar to root riot if you put it in those little seed trays and pop the clone in that.
Oh for sure I will be doing that. Will get to it eventually but want to get down “the basics and the norm” first before getting into the pure hydro side. My first one i think will be a fogponics cloner

Thats what I’ll be testing soon as well, rockwool vs coco vs soil vs root rioters for seeding. I got those Deluxe Sugar Cane seeds from IHG coming so I’ll be running a pheno hunt on those and breeding the mother out.

I haven’t looked a ton into it, but I do want to try both silver thiosulfate which causes the plant to express male hormones, and light stress, go for example take a flowering plant and switch it to 18/6, and see what the results are. I want to try various methods and document and detail each

Im pretty excited to get this all running, my biggest problem but almost solved is the summer heat. Think I’ll build a shader and plant trees in front of the shed that see’s morning to noon sun. Afternoon the shed is shaded by pine trees. Cold air from under the shed is working but the ground is starting to stay warmer at night, so I have to solve this little issue. It hit 88F in the tent with 104 in the shed right now. I have CO2 running which helps the thermal load. Thermodynamics for the win!

The big thing I really want to test is the effects of additives and boosters. First on that line up is Terpinator and Purpinator followed by Fox Farm Solubles (high PK ratio goodies) followed by Sugaree (carbo load/sugars/aminos etc)

Back
Top Bottom