The RDWC Club

I think I can reach under the canopy to the plants in the center. I do have room to walk around the whole thing.

But you can't get in to scrub the insides down between grows. Or fix whatever needs fixing etc. Or easily tie a branch up. Personally, I would do 1/2 that number. 2 rows of 4 with room to walk around all for pruning, training, maintaining. Don't get me wrong, we all want to grow as much as we can but for max yield, you have to work the plants & that requires good access.

Ian

I agree with Ian. Having done RDWC in tight quarters I can tell you that the ability to get to each plant will make life a lot easier. Even this setup is going to get tight when I want to work the back plants.
420-magazine-mobile975123590.jpg

420-magazine-mobile869300832.jpg

That's definitely what I'm after is max yield when I get home today I'm gonna try some different layouts just to try and make the room to walk. Lol thanks for the reply's as well to everyone. I'm trying to prevent wasting to much light. I may run six 630's

I am using 2 x 12 g totes. For the current Bomb grow, I have one plant per tote – both directly under the light in the high par area. I really want to see what each plant will do. For future grows, I may go with 2 per tote. I figured that the roots won’t be a problem but the growth above could be with the wrong strain or technique. I thought that faster autos with maximum training or an SOG with purple kush would work best in a tight area.

Ian

I get the impression that this will be your first indoor grow, or at least your first indoor grow in hydro. If thats the case don't bite off more than you can chew. Set up a nice 4 or 6 plant system. You'll have room to get around and do all your maintenance, your lights will cover your canopies good and generally your growing life will be good. If you try to do a first a grow on the scale you've mentioned with the area you've mentioned you're just setting yourself up for a cluster fuck. Theres a lot of maintenance to achieve a decent grow. 4 good plants should yield you about 2 pounds of dry weed. Theres some very accomplished growers that have lent advise here in the last couple of pages...I'd heed it.

Good luck with what ever you go with. Start a journal and we'll all follow along. :thumb:

Awesome guys. I definitely will take all this advice into consideration. And will do a journal as well. I've done many ebb and flow grows just never done rdwc before. I like things to be perfect. Lol thank you to everyone that has replied. Your comments are much appreciated.

The only reason that two of my totes have two net pots is that I'm growing all regular seed. Ideally each of those totes would have two plants in them but life happens. If I️ get really lucky and get all females I️ will cull two plants and only grow six. If I️ get really unlucky and only get two females I'll curse the grow gods and curl up in a corner of my tent with a bottle of Capt Morgan.

Okay cool I was just curious. Makes sense though. I'm just going to do one. And hell as long as I can get a creeper down each row I'll lay on my back and do maintenance. Lol

Back
Top Bottom