The RDWC Club

If you want your whole place to smell like ass and stinky sneakers you could always use the Fox Farms stuff. Just don't wipe wet hands on your pants or no one will want to be around you.

Yea I can imagine that would be a bad smell. The skunk smell I get off the plants is bad enough. I raise chickens and they eat anything with green leaves until I gave them fresh fan leaves I took off while plants were budding

Big day today. Will be testing water tomorrow. C02, temps and humidity on fuc$@%# point. Super excited about this run. DIY MASTER. lol all made from scratch room and all
Humidity is going to skyrocket once you get that beast up and running, especially if you're running an airstone in each tub. Very clean layout! Can't wait to see it running.
:high-five:

Thanks, Pennywise. It worked nicely while I had it running. With 110 litres, the bottoms of the pots were getter nicely bubbled with water after a minute or two of run time.

A note for future builders, a Sched 40 1/2" coupling has to be modded to fit onto the output of a Danner Mag Drive Supreme 250 gph pump. Just tightening it on cracked the pump housing & a full on tighten til it dies broke it off completely. A Dremel solves it by shaving the coupling & the pump body.
I cracked mine the exact same way!

That is going to be awful crowded once the plants go to flower imho. You are going to have to maintain them & that layout doesn't leave much walking space.

Ian
SOG them. If you grow conventionally I think Ian may be right

Yeah I totally agree. Not really sure what I should do. I'm going to either mainline or scrog the whole thing. I want a solid canopy of nugs that big. I will be doing some pretty heavy defol as well. And about the lighting I was thinking of throwing in a couple of gavitas in the center. What do you guys think? Also thanks for the reply's
2 SCRoG trellis' may work pretty well. You will need to be able to get to the back of the room.

But you can't get in to scrub the insides down between grows. Or fix whatever needs fixing etc. Or easily tie a branch up. Personally, I would do 1/2 that number. 2 rows of 4 with room to walk around all for pruning, training, maintaining. Don't get me wrong, we all want to grow as much as we can but for max yield, you have to work the plants & that requires good access.

Ian
I'm with you Ian, except I've never scrubbed my res. Or pots while the plants are growing. If you have a healthy batch of nutrients, your water is under 69 degrees, and you have a decent non organic Innoculent like hydroguard there's not a whole lot that will need scrubbing. Just my opinion

I made a 50 gallon system from 2 repurposed General Hydro Rainforest Aeroponic kits and a Rubbermaid tote. It has 12 sites but i rarely grow more than 6 at a time. I was a die hard Gen. Hydro nutes fan but opted for Botanicare on this grow. I'm also using Rapid Start, and Facilitor from Aptus. I use 2 400watt Black Dog 2 lights and an LEC (first time this grow). I have 2 ecoplus3 air pumps with a 12 inch diffuser for each pot. My grow area is 4 by 6 in a heavily insulated shed.
I use hose instead of hard line. My hose is 2". I use a 6 inch inline fan to cool my nutrients. It keeps my temp down 10 degrees below the ambient. Peripheral equipment: 13000 but AC. A dehumidifier, humidifier, 8 inch exhaust fan the goes out the roof, more than 24sq inches of filtered inlet air. And a digital hurricane fan.
420-magazine-mobile1565314504.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2092074285.jpg
420-magazine-mobile849774014.jpg

This grow has started really bumpy. I grow from seed. My germination rate was terrible. I ended up with 3 seedlings. One has Rust really bad. I have tried a few homemade remedies, to no avail. I really don't want to sulpher if i don't need to. Another plant has a very strong root system but is missing the spot at the top of the plant where leaves start... no shit. The crotch at the top of the plant is as smooth as a GI Joe doll. It put out one decent set of leaves and that's it. I almost didn't continue, stating its not worth growing 3 plants in this system. Anyway, the wonky three are still alive.

Looking forward to seeing what everyone has. Good stuff so far
420-magazine-mobile1249426153.jpg
420-magazine-mobile210852200.jpg
420-magazine-mobile881664222.jpg
420-magazine-mobile797565758.jpg

You might as well bite the bullet and buy three or four clones to fill up that system. If you were closer I'd bring you some but I'm a couple of states north of you.
Nice. Thank you. Yeah. I got a couple ideas... i have Alcopulco Gold seeds which kinda grow similar to the three I have. The three are Lemon Skunk from DNA Another idea is to clone the plants I have. To be honest I've never cloned a damn thing, maybe it's time. One thing i shouldnt do is let them veg too long. So the original three might be an issue. I have a cloning machine, it was given to me by a friend.

Thank you to stltoed and rider509. That's exactly what I'm going to do. Scrog each side individually so I can walk down the middle and get to each end. I'm running 16 ait spiders on two eco plus pro linear 40's. I also have a 45 pint a day dehumidifier and a 36,000 btu mini split. So far all the testing is point on.

Thank you to stltoed and rider509. That's exactly what I'm going to do. Scrog each side individually so I can walk down the middle and get to each end. I'm running 16 ait spiders on two eco plus pro linear 40's. I also have a 45 pint a day dehumidifier and a 36,000 btu mini split. So far all the testing is point on.
I'm not too sure you have the real estate to go 2 plants per pot. This sort of thing is also reliant on your strain. Blue Dream may have issues, but maybe a nice, short Indica would work out nicely. The fellas that brought up crowding issues have a serious point. Plants do better when they have room to breath. The problem with pot is everything on the outside will grow nice, but you'll end up with a pound and a half of lime green underdeveloped bud in the middle of your plants... So SCRoG it or even SoG it. I don't think you'll have much luck growing without serious training. But I AM gonna watch

One of the reasons I'm not thrilled about having to fire up my old RDWC is that I don't want to have to manage two reservoirs. So... what if I plumb the second RDWC into the big res that has the chiller? Work smarter not harder, right? Hmmmmm. If it works out then less hassle and no temp concerns in the smaller system. On the downside, if it goes wrong it goes terribly and completely wrong and I could lose everything. What do you guys think?
What could go wrong?!

So two twelve hour days later????!?! Everything is perfect both rooms are on point. Everything is sealed ,zip tied tested and all working perfectly. Super excited about this run.

So two twelve hour days later????!?! Everything is perfect both rooms are on point. Everything is sealed ,zip tied tested and all working perfectly. Super excited about this run.
Dude, I'm so jealous. I can't wait to see how you do with this

What could go wrong?!

In the end I went with a separate res. The big plants need a different feeding schedule than the small ones can handle. What a pain in the butt.

Back
Top Bottom