The RDWC Club

So please correct me if I'm wrong. Isn't hydroguard a form of bacillus bacteria therefore organic. Also these so called beneficial bacterium need oxygen to survive? Which the last time I checked is not present in a sealed bottle. However I do completely agree with the h2o2. 30%!

Other than potential contamination or damage from handling the roots you're doing everything right. Z7 is a good product and will help but it doesn't address the root cause. (pun intended) After this run I'd follow stltoed's rec and hit the whole system hard to sterilize it and any surfaces in your grow area. Soak or spray everything that won't be damaged by doing so, even the walls and floors. The fungal spores of pythium and fusarium can remain viable for a long time and only need the right conditions to come back with a vengeance.

When I'm done I peroxide. But, you have to make sure you have your water pump if you recirculate, your airstones/diffusers, if you use a pump bag filter that too in the system. Just run your system as you would while growing. If there's nothing in the system you can really put the boots to it with disinfectant. Peroxide will not leave anything behind, no residue.

I've taken everything to pieces cleaned it all put back together then ran a double strength peroxide mix round the system for 24 hours. I've replaced all air lines and stones for fresh ones this run. I'll put the pics on now of current roots and system there in and then I've got a couple of pics of what my root ball looked like last harvest. I don't want them looking like that again this time.
20171207_202736.jpg
20171207_204912.jpg
20171207_203349.jpg
20171205_122758.jpg
20171205_122359.jpg

I've taken everything to pieces cleaned it all put back together then ran a double strength peroxide mix round the system for 24 hours. I've replaced all air lines and stones for fresh ones this run. I'll put the pics on now of current roots and system there in and then I've got a couple of pics of what my root ball looked like last harvest. I don't want them looking like that again this time.
20171207_202736.jpg
20171207_204912.jpg
20171207_203349.jpg
20171205_122758.jpg
20171205_122359.jpg
Sounds like you've covered the bases. Just 49 other boxes to check.

I have a similar vexing problem... I have 2 plants that look exactly like they have a Calmg issue, but given the shit I've done to cure them of the of a calmag problem there is just no way it's calcium or magnesium. It's aceing my ass.

So please correct me if I'm wrong. Isn't hydroguard a form of bacillus bacteria therefore organic. Also these so called beneficial bacterium need oxygen to survive? Which the last time I checked is not present in a sealed bottle. However I do completely agree with the h2o2. 30%!

It is a bacteria. It is organic. It is considered a beneficial bacteria.

There are some organic additives that can be used in hydro. Floralicious, Subculture B or M, Myccorhizea all work great in water. But this dude needs to make sure he can isolate the issue. Cutting out organics completely(for now)is one way to check another box off the list. It looks to me like he is very close. He's got all the pieces he just needs a new procedure, lose a nute, or clean something up. Boom done.

Oh, and Hydroguard is the shit

Theres nothing wrong with any of those roots bud. That just discoloration from your nutrients, you can see where the staining stops at the water line an inch below the pot. My GH Micro is purple and it does that to every root I've ever had in a hydro system. Looking past the discoloration they look healthy. If they don't stink or aren't slimy you're golden.

I bought a new air pump. One of the two I have now its hotter than hedes so I think it's gonna croak. It's rated at almost 90 liters per minute which is a little less than what I have now
Hell yes! Those linear air pumps are the only way to go. I've dumped all of my other air pumps and am running 12 stones off one linear like that. Pricey but so worth it.

Those roots look completely normal. I think what you're seeing is just nute staining. I see nothing to indicate root rot.

edit: SD beat me to it... again! Get a life, ya loser! :) But he's right because we can't both be wrong. The universe just doesn't work that way.

Theres nothing wrong with any of those roots bud. That just discoloration from your nutrients, you can see where the staining stops at the water line an inch below the pot. My GH Micro is purple and it does that to every root I've ever had in a hydro system. Looking past the discoloration they look healthy. If they don't stink or aren't slimy you're golden.

Those big root balls in my pic must of had something wrong with them because the nutes used to smell when I emptied them out and the ph was dropping rapidly over night from 6.0 to about 4.0 I could only keep the ph stable if I added Silver Bullet ( h2o2 + silver) but if I didn't add that every 3 days by the end of flower the ph would drop rapidly like that. I did see slight traces of slimey bits in them big root balls. I pinched a bit betweem my fingers and they just went to mush. The pictures don't show it very well. Hopefully then with these new ones that I'm using the silver bullet with from the start will be ok. Fingers crossed I'll keep everyone posted over the next few weeks let you know how I'm getting on. Thanks for all the advice guys wish me luck. This run I've got 3 different phenos of exotic genetics kimbo kush x triple og in really hoping for good results as this will also be the first time I've used clones and regular seeds. Always used fem before now anyway thanks again.

Those big root balls in my pic must of had something wrong with them because the nutes used to smell when I emptied them out and the ph was dropping rapidly over night from 6.0 to about 4.0 I could only keep the ph stable if I added Silver Bullet ( h2o2 + silver) but if I didn't add that every 3 days by the end of flower the ph would drop rapidly like that. I did see slight traces of slimey bits in them big root balls. I pinched a bit betweem my fingers and they just went to mush. The pictures don't show it very well. Hopefully then with these new ones that I'm using the silver bullet with from the start will be ok. Fingers crossed I'll keep everyone posted over the next few weeks let you know how I'm getting on. Thanks for all the advice guys wish me luck. This run I've got 3 different phenos of exotic genetics kimbo kush x triple og in really hoping for good results as this will also be the first time I've used clones and regular seeds. Always used fem before now anyway thanks again.
I use Mineral Magic from
General Hydrophonics only 3 Tsp. from it in the Nutrition and wait three days and evrything is fine :)

Root rot is easy to diagnose... if it smells at all like a dead rat you have it.

Back
Top Bottom