The Vault's Brooklyn Sunrise Auto Comparative Grow, In Association With Dutch Passion

Has anyone hit an ideal temperature the BS seem to like? Also an RH that suits them best? I'm pretty new (1 yr) at growing but have grown a number of autos. One thing I find is they (for the most part) don't like wet feet. Moist is perfect, even going a little more towards the less then moist direction. Mine, if and when they arrive will be in 80 degrees and as close to 70% RH as I can get and keep it. When I water autos I pour a little bit right down the stalk basically. The rest I pour towards the outside of the pot all the way around. I find that the little in the center is quickly absorbed and gives the plant some oomph....vigor. As the medium in the center starts to dry out the plant will send out roots toward the outside of the pot where it KNOWS there is water. Bigger roots, bigger plant. I'll even let the plant look a little unhappy for a couple days.

Once the plant start responding and you notice growth, no more watering/feeding down the center. Now what used to be fed down the center is a ring approx. 2" around the stalk. If the plant is still perky in a few days you know the roots have at least reached outwards 2". Each time you water just do so a tad further each time. I do this generally for about 4 weeks at which time they roots will have reached the outside of the pot. At this point the plant should be taking off for you.

This is how I work with autos. This is just a recommendation as I am no expert and go on gut instinct and from experimenting and see what works for me.

When I water autos I pour a little bit right down the stalk basically. The rest I pour towards the outside of the pot all the way around. I find that the little in the center is quickly absorbed and gives the plant some oomph....vigor. As the medium in the center starts to dry out the plant will send out roots toward the outside of the pot where it KNOWS there is water. Bigger roots, bigger plant. I'll even let the plant look a little unhappy for a couple days.

Once the plant start responding and you notice grown, no more watering/feeding down the center. Now what used to be fed down the center is a ring approx. 2" around the stalk. If the plant is still perky in a few days you know the roots have at least reached outwards 2". Each time you water just do so a tad further each time. I do this generally for about 4 weeks at which time they roots will have reached the outside of the pot. At this point the plant should be taking off for you.

This is how I work with autos. This is just a recommendation as I am no expert and go on gut instinct and from experimenting and see what works for me.
That's how I water, ain't helping! Can't control the RH or temps though.

I actually plan on growing a BS seed in hempy. I have been learning about it and want to try it out start to finish. I'm thinking of going from a solo cup to a 2 gallon plastic pot.

My sidekick Mr. Serious will be assisting me with my BS grow.

I'm
I'm a coming... I'm a coming..... Hope to join y'all in a week or two. I'm just a bit jammed up right now, but I'll get her in asap.

:passitleft:

I'm

I'm a coming... I'm a coming..... Hope to join y'all in a week or two. I'm just a bit jammed up right now, but I'll get her in asap.

:passitleft:
Thanks brotha we all need the support

Quite true. Not a lot of fun to be scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Where are all the others who signed up here? I feel like we only have you me Penny (no pics lately) Jack and Fla posting. Hard to be comparative if we're not all in comparing? Kismet, farside, jax, icemann? We had a big group going in and now it's just us.
I'm having some germ problems Brooklyn sunrise is in paper towel and hopefully get planted in morning. Just moving a little slow.

Quite a few are waiting a few weeks to start, which I'm Not sure is what the Vault had wanted, but such is life I guess

My 1st 3 have all had issues but the Blue Dream'matic is rocking
Mine are just the opposite!

Quite true. Not a lot of fun to be scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Where are all the others who signed up here? I feel like we only have you me Penny (no pics lately) Jack and Fla posting. Hard to be comparative if we're not all in comparing? Kismet, farside, jax, icemann? We had a big group going in and now it's just us.

If I could drop something today, trust me, I would. I just built a new light and I'm dying to try to out. I'm going to Mexico for my 20th anniversary from June 24-July 1st. There will be no one home to take care of the tent and any occupants. I don't think they'll make it in ProMix for a week on their own. They will see Jiffy plugs come July 2nd. That's why I didn't sign up for the comparison right away, but when it was still open a couple weeks after I initially saw it, I said to myself "Well if they still haven't run out, I guess I'll jump in".

If I could drop something today, trust me, I would. I just built a new light and I'm dying to try to out. I'm going to Mexico for my 20th anniversary from June 24-July 1st. There will be no one home to take care of the tent and any occupants. I don't think they'll make it in ProMix for a week on their own. They will see Jiffy plugs come July 2nd. That's why I didn't sign up for the comparison right away, but when it was still open a couple weeks after I initially saw it, I said to myself "Well if they still haven't run out, I guess I'll jump in".
Happy 20th anniversary that's a great achievement

Really farside I wasn't trying to shame or blame anyone who couldn't drop until later. I was just sure there were folks who had already dropped and planted but the herd had thinned to a few folks for some reason.

Congrats on your anniversary! Well done. My 25th is coming up in September but I think my wife will be in England for it :).

Back
Top Bottom