The VipersNest Continuous

That is sweeeet! I have been doing exactly the same thing with net pots and a lid in that tray. Those damn 2x4 trays are haaaaandy! I even settled on the 264 pump as well and a 37G trashcan as well. And your post just reminded me I have not dropped in the airstones yet - thanks.

Question:

37gal rubbermaid tub...I fill it to 40gal for measeurement purposes..it still has 14" till it hits the top.

Please, can you explain that a little more?

:peacetwo:

That is sweeeet! I have been doing exactly the same thing with net pots and a lid in that tray. Those damn 2x4 trays are haaaaandy! I even settled on the 264 pump as well and a 37G trashcan as well. And your post just reminded me I have not dropped in the airstones yet - thanks.

Question:

37gal rubbermaid tub...I fill it to 40gal for measeurement purposes..it still has 14" till it hits the top.

Please, can you explain that a little more?

:peacetwo:

I just fill with 8 5 gallon buckets....40 gals is easier to measure the nutes.
I just put a black line at the fill level...they eat 4-5 gallons a day. I top off with straight water mid week.....drain and fill at end of the week
PH is 5.8-6.0 ppm 1800. you could fit aprox 48-50 gals but thats too full

I just fill with 8 5 gallon buckets....40 gals is easier to measure the nutes.
I just put a black line at the fill level...they eat 4-5 gallons a day. I top off with straight water mid week.....drain and fill at end of the week
PH is 5.8-6.0 ppm 1800. you could fit aprox 48-50 gals but thats too full

Right on! Super helpful. by some chance did you mean 57G only filled to 40?

TIA.

:peacetwo::Rasta:

pit, new set up sounds great. when you say "dolly" you mean the kind with the little thing that slides under the bottom, then you tip it backwards against the back and roll it on 2 wheels? if so, i gotta better idea for you. lowes. $26 you can get a furniture roller that is just a square wood frame with 4 casters under it. sits about 3" off the ground, then you can just leave that badboy sittin under there all the time and not have to worry about goin and gettin the other one every time you need to move the rez.

pit, new set up sounds great. when you say "dolly" you mean the kind with the little thing that slides under the bottom, then you tip it backwards against the back and roll it on 2 wheels? if so, i gotta better idea for you. lowes. $26 you can get a furniture roller that is just a square wood frame with 4 casters under it. sits about 3" off the ground, then you can just leave that badboy sittin under there all the time and not have to worry about goin and gettin the other one every time you need to move the rez.

thats exactly what I need

If you got a Harbor Freight nearby, they're lots cheaper there.

Ill find something at Lowes or Home Depot...Graingers is the best but this is a simple thing..thanx SS

can anyone calulate my lumen per sqft. the tent is 54"x54" x84"...1K HPS.

That's 20.25 square feet so just divide your light's output in lumens by 20.25.

Depending on the ballast, manufacturer/model of bulb, age of bulb - probably 6700-7400 lumen per square foot. But of course the design (and cleanliness) of the reflector has a lot to do with it as well as the lumen output is gross lumen emitted 360° around the bulb (with some very tiny fraction coming from the one end and none (lol) coming from the base end).

150,000 lumen = 7407 lumen per square foot
145,000 lumen = 7160.5 lumen per square foot
140,000 lumen = 6913.6 lumen per square foot
etc.

EDIT: For future reference, if the size of your GR changes, just enter this into your calculator:
(L/12)*(W/12)/Lu
Where L is length in inches, W is width in inches, and Lu is total lumen output. That'll work unless it's a really dumb calculator.

Love the last two days of posts.....math and stuff. But here is my find...

ANYONE using more than 30 gal of whatever for their plants MAY find this information of help.

55 gal steel drums.....and smaller ones....used are dirt cheap. But we all fear whatever or whomever was stored in this thing before we got behold of it.....And new 55 gal drums are not in the picture because they are expensive....AND rust will become a factor eventually.

I have found.....55 gal drum (and smaller drum size) inner condoms (liners they call them) 18 to 20+ mil. inner liners. (ref. visqueen plastic is 6 mil for the good stuff) For both perfect new drums or used and effed up.

And they are cheap. More than pleased to share the website. But this is not my thread and I get soooo much out of it that I do not wish to offend. So send me a shout out and I will get it to ya.

Or you can just go pester the cooks at your nearest restaurant kitchen. Many of them get certain things in 35-gallon (or larger) drums. The price to you could vary from free, through "Hey man let me help you drag that stuff to the dumpster", all the way up to "I'll burn one with you for that blue plastic barrel."

And they're all made out of food-grade plastic with (more-or-less (lol)) edible contents and just require a good washing.

EDIT: And they usually have gasketed screw-on lids because even the busiest kitchen doesn't generally use 35-50 gallons of pickles, sauce, whatever in one night.

Love the last two days of posts.....math and stuff. But here is my find...

ANYONE using more than 30 gal of whatever for their plants MAY find this information of help.

55 gal steel drums.....and smaller ones....used are dirt cheap. But we all fear whatever or whomever was stored in this thing before we got behold of it.....And new 55 gal drums are not in the picture because they are expensive....AND rust will become a factor eventually.

I have found.....55 gal drum (and smaller drum size) inner condoms (liners they call them) 18 to 20+ mil. inner liners. (ref. visqueen plastic is 6 mil for the good stuff) For both perfect new drums or used and effed up.

And they are cheap. More than pleased to share the website. But this is not my thread and I get soooo much out of it that I do not wish to offend. So send me a shout out and I will get it to ya.

Actually plastic 55 gal drums made for water storage a fairly cheap. $50 or less if you look around. for instance google "best containers" and go to the first link. I'd never go with metal, that must be heavy as hell.

That's 20.25 square feet so just divide your light's output in lumens by 20.25.

Depending on the ballast, manufacturer/model of bulb, age of bulb - probably 6700-7400 lumen per square foot. But of course the design (and cleanliness) of the reflector has a lot to do with it as well as the lumen output is gross lumen emitted 360° around the bulb (with some very tiny fraction coming from the one end and none (lol) coming from the base end).

150,000 lumen = 7407 lumen per square foot
145,000 lumen = 7160.5 lumen per square foot
140,000 lumen = 6913.6 lumen per square foot
etc.

EDIT: For future reference, if the size of your GR changes, just enter this into your calculator:
(L/12)*(W/12)/Lu
Where L is length in inches, W is width in inches, and Lu is total lumen output. That'll work unless it's a really dumb calculator.

ok...is 7000 lumens per foot good?

ok...is 7000 lumens per foot good?

I would think that it is in the range that CO2 supplementation (depending, of course, on other environmental factors) would show some results.

Wait - if I say, "No," are you going to throw more lights in there? :grinjoint:

they are in the 30 hr period...look at all the new growth...in the Dark!. not bad for Flornaova and Floalicious.....coments and sugestions are always welcome!!! my math is terrible
can anyone calulate my lumen per sqft. the tent is 54"x54" x84"...1K HPS....I think this should be god amount of light

thats roughly 50 watts per sq/ft of HPS...good number!

I would think that it is in the range that CO2 supplementation (depending, of course, on other environmental factors) would show some results.

Wait - if I say, "No," are you going to throw more lights in there? :grinjoint:

just a Super Penetrator:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom