TheFrizz Is Back! VC/DC, CBD Therapy & Northern Lights Medical Grow For Mom

Alright here is a quick update to cover Day 5 & 6 of the countdown to flower! Tomorrow is the final day of veg :cheer:

Yesterday I did some pruning and bending on Yaddle, she was getting way too fluffy! We'll see how she responds to the heavy defol, but I have confidence she can handle it! :)

GLR_Days_5_6_008.jpg
GLR_Days_5_6_009.jpg

Muffinz is continuing to develop her new 16 growth tips, so adorable! I am going to be super fascinated to see how she performs during flower since they are not full "stems" yet.

GLR_Days_5_6_006.jpg

My bf did a bit of bending on Sidney, continuing to develop her structure. Ideally, her colas will be arranged like the dots on a 4x2 lego brick.

GLR_Days_5_6_003.jpg
GLR_Days_5_6_007.jpg

Monique and Jenny, looking large and in charge!

GLR_Days_5_6_004.jpg
GLR_Days_5_6_005.jpg

Whole tent side view
GLR_Days_5_6_010.jpg

Alright so those pictures were all yesterday, here they are today looking perky! Yaddle recovered from her defol and is sitting there looking at me like "Nice try, lolz!".

GLR_Days_5_6_012.jpg

Tomorrow I will use a digital caliper to measure the width of each stem before starting flower. Why is this, you say? Well, I noticed last grow while I was trimming that I could predict the relative total weight of the buds on each cola by how thick the central stem was. The thinnest stems yielded roughly 10-14g, medium stems between 15-20g, and the thickest stems yielded 20-30g. So I will be measuring the stem diameter of each cola 4 times:

1.) Day before flowering starts (tomorrow)
2.) 3 weeks into flowering (after the stretch)
3.) 6 weeks into flowering
4.) 9 weeks into flowering (harvest time)

I will be compiling this data in a spreadsheet to try to better understand what the most efficient plant size/structure is to maximize yield in this system. Update tomorrow will include first set of data in the spreadsheet!

:thanks::Namaste:
~TheFrizz

. They are looking well manicured for sure! I can't wait to see them take off after the switch. Your girls look so well behaved!

I'm almost as excited for your grow as I am for my own . Today my own last week countdown begins.

I was thinking of going 24 on, 24 off and then switch to 12/12.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine

All looks great Frizz! Nice Manifold and defoil.
Ive got a lighting question for you. I was told dont go peek with a flashlight while sleeping, get a BLUE light for peeking and working while sleeping. At H.Depot the clerk said you mean BLACK light there is no Blue light. So I got a 18" BLACK light but it has a WHITE cover. Keep the WHITE cover on? Does it change it from a BLACK light? The WHITE cover seems to spread the light better.
I hope the BLACK lights ok cause I bought two 48" BLACK light bulbs for a CFL housing too. $40. on lights Frizz.
Can I use these lights for working while they sleep?? Thanks!

All looks great Frizz! Nice Manifold and defoil.
Ive got a lighting question for you. I was told dont go peek with a flashlight while sleeping, get a BLUE light for peeking and working while sleeping. At H.Depot the clerk said you mean BLACK light there is no Blue light. So I got a 18" BLACK light but it has a WHITE cover. Keep the WHITE cover on? Does it change it from a BLACK light? The WHITE cover seems to spread the light better.
I hope the BLACK lights ok cause I bought two 48" BLACK light bulbs for a CFL housing too. $40. on lights Frizz.
Can I use these lights for working while they sleep?? Thanks!

You will want green light, not blue.

IMG_82844.JPG

Agree w/ GWB! I like to use a LED headlamp but the principle is the same either way- hang it up or put it on your head so your hands are free.

Here is what it looks like on the lowest setting, I can turn it up much brighter but prefer to use less light so as not to disturb the lovely ladies :)

Green_Light_001.jpg
Green_Light_002.jpg

Also, saw this posted by tim92109 on 420 Mag: HydroPonic Green Screen Light- An app that turns your smartphone into a greenscreen to light up your tent in flower. Pretty neat idea! It's in the Google Play Store apparently

Hello wonderful folks! :welcome: So the girls are currently napping and will remain so until the 1000 watt HPS turns on at 9 am tomorrow! That's right, flowering time is here!! :cheer:

Today I collected the first round of stem thickness data using a digital caliper. I measured an inch below where the growth starts on each stem. Again, the goal is to find out the correlation between stem thickness and yield for each cola, with final units expressed as grams (of bud) per mm (stem thickness). I numbered the colas in a circle around each plant to ensure that I will be collecting the data for the same colas every 3 weeks.

As noted, Muffinz's tiny little stems are actually all very close to the same size. So I took the average of 5 of them and put it in for all the colas. By the 3 week mark they will have diverged more in thickness and have separate data points. For now I am using the average as a placeholder.

Wk_0_Data_SS_001.jpg

Here are some pics of the tent with my green light on, this was after data collection so they are a bit ruffled :).

GLR_Day_7_switch_to_flower_006.jpg
GLR_Day_7_switch_to_flower_007.jpg
GLR_Day_7_switch_to_flower_008.jpg

Here are individual shots, sorry its hard to aim the lamp with my head :laugh:

Jenny
GLR_Day_7_switch_to_flower_009.jpg

Monique
GLR_Day_7_switch_to_flower_010.jpg

Sidney
GLR_Day_7_switch_to_flower_011.jpg

Muffinz
GLR_Day_7_switch_to_flower_012.jpg

So yeah, the girls are looking happy and I can't wait to see them fill up the tent over the stretch! :Namaste: As always, questions, comments, and feedback are appreciated! :thanks:
~TheFrizz

Alright folks, I am going to do something a bit unorthodox and potentially devious but this should come as no surprise to you by now :laughtwo:

See I came to the realization that during the stretch, my updates are going to consist of pretty much the same thing over and over (stems growing longer, me bending them a bit). No new techniques or knowledge to be gained. :hmmmm: Plus I have classes starting soon (April 4th), and I will need to find the right balance for how much time to spend on here vs. studying.

Therefore...my next update for these girls will be in 3 weeks! What will the tent look like after the stretch?? Who knows?!! You will find out around April 18th :) Here is a last glimpse of the ladies for now:

A few whole-tent pictures

Flower_Day_1_001.jpg
Flower_Day_1_002.jpg
Flower_Day_1_003.jpg

Monique, I tucked some of her biggest fan leaves down around the outside so the center can get plenty of light.

Flower_Day_1_004.jpg

Jenny, trying to take over the tent as usual! :love:

Flower_Day_1_005.jpg

Cute fluffy Muffinz, I will wait to groom her until the 16 new stems are at least a couple inches long. Right now they are about 1/2 inch each and still very delicate.

Flower_Day_1_006.jpg

Finally the lovely Sidney, I like how vigorously she bounced back from her defol 1 week ago. :cheer:

Flower_Day_1_007.jpg

So yeah, say farewell for now! You will see the girls again after the stretch, and then the real fun begins...:woohoo:

As always, questions, comments, and feedback are appreciated!
:thanks::Namaste:
~TheFrizz

Looking awesome and wicked idea keeping everyone in suspense, that will be a bomb dropping! Are you on instagram Frizz, if not, you gotta get over here, its awesome!

Thanks for the feedback GWB! I definitely think it will be quite fun to keep things suspenseful *Muahahaha*

Also thank you for the invitation to Instagram :) However I will have to decline until cannabis is de-criminalized at the federal level. Even though mine is a legal medical grow, some folks in the field of education are uhm, less accepting, and would see that sort of social media activity as a reason not to hire me at a University someday. I know there are privacy settings that you can use but I am playing it safe and for now will keep my 420 related posts to this website alone. :love:

Good luck to you and everything!! Looking forward to the next few weeks in my tent as well. Hopefully I'll be able to go into flower by then

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

Hey Frizz, your girls are looking absolutely stunning as always :) Some nice thick stems you got there!
I noticed you have two tubes leading into Muffinz netpot. I'm pretty sure one is for air but I'm super curious what that other line is for. Or maybe two airlines?

Three weeks until next post, eh? Let the suspense begin! haha
I'm super stoked for your next update. I bet you'll have pistils galore! I can only imagine your jungle of pre-buds. Keep up the awesome work homie c:

I believe one is air and one is water (RDWC)...as I have the same set.

Ding ding ding!! :thumb: Yep, the clear tube is for air and the black tube is for water.

Thanks for the feedback and warm wishes everyone! Now, it's true I said no updates on the flowering girls til after stretch but...I said no such thing about my other plants! :) So here's what has been going on with the other ladies...

Yaddle and Darth Yaddle are now living in my new 4x8 veg tent under the Perfect Sun 1000 :cheer:

I ran out of 5 gallon buckets so I transplanted Darth Yaddle into a black plastic cauldron which is quite fitting since she is a lady of the Sith, buckets are for puny Jedi! An amazing colleague of mine gave me this cauldron figuring I would have some sort of mad science teacher use for it. I do not think this is what she expected! :laughtwo:

Bubbling nute brew...the other 3 air tubes feed into my hydroponic asparagus (which is growing about 6 inches vertically a day!!!)

Stretch_days_1-3_012.jpg

Darth Yaddle in her new home! :) One side of her got a bit twisted/cramped in the cloning dome but after the next set of fans emerge she should start to look good. I buried her stem about 4 inches deep in the hydroton, hoping for additional lateral root growth to start to form.

Stretch_days_1-3_014.jpg

I'll post a pic or two of Yaddle (her bottom half growing in soil) in a day or two. The end goal is for them to be manifolded to 32 colas each and each trained into a rectangular 2 by 4 foot shape. The two of them combined would fill up my 4x4 tent with 64 colas in flower. :cheer:

:Namaste:

How do I delete a post? I accidentally double posted...grr

Use report button (exclamation mark in triangle) Report your mistake and the mods are fast here.

Ding ding ding!! :thumb: Yep, the clear tube is for air and the black tube is for water.

Thanks for the feedback and warm wishes everyone! Now, it's true I said no updates on the flowering girls til after stretch but...I said no such thing about my other plants! :) So here's what has been going on with the other ladies...

Yaddle and Darth Yaddle are now living in my new 4x8 veg tent under the Perfect Sun 1000 :cheer:

I ran out of 5 gallon buckets so I transplanted Darth Yaddle into a black plastic cauldron which is quite fitting since she is a lady of the Sith, buckets are for puny Jedi! An amazing colleague of mine gave me this cauldron figuring I would have some sort of mad science teacher use for it. I do not think this is what she expected! :laughtwo:

Bubbling nute brew...the other 3 air tubes feed into my hydroponic asparagus (which is growing about 6 inches vertically a day!!!)

Stretch_days_1-3_012.jpg

Darth Yaddle in her new home! :) One side of her got a bit twisted/cramped in the cloning dome but after the next set of fans emerge she should start to look good. I buried her stem about 4 inches deep in the hydroton, hoping for additional lateral root growth to start to form.

Stretch_days_1-3_014.jpg

I'll post a pic or two of Yaddle (her bottom half growing in soil) in a day or two. The end goal is for them to be manifolded to 32 colas each and each trained into a rectangular 2 by 4 foot shape. The two of them combined would fill up my 4x4 tent with 64 colas in flower. :cheer:

:Namaste:

Great progress. What a plan, to have so many colas. How are your brixes? When you press the juice onto the refractometer you can see the blue/white line. The more blurry it is the more minerals are available to your plants. The Jenny is one fast grower! Keep it up, I'm interested and entertained. :thumb: :love: :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom