TheNarrator Learns to Grow - Multi-Strain - LED

You certainly delivered on the Macguyver ideas Faic! Been hitting those cookies again :)?

Do you think if I had my passive intake pointed into a bucket of ice that would be more effective than having the ice inside the tent? Could set up a cooler that way and would hopefully have to replace the ice less often.

Haha I had fun with it. The hilarious bit is that after I'd made the post, I went to get some food, turned on cable to see what was on, and what did I end up watching?? "Lone Wolf McQuade" :rofl:

The heatsink was the only real idea in there ;) And I'm not a fluid engineer so I can't say if the advantge would be inside or out. Without knowing the physics, I'd put it inside, since my first thought would be it's just going to be more effecient for cooling. You'd just have to replace the tray. Hassle but even air drawn over standing water will cool some... But, aim the occilating fan over the ice, and you have a mini industrial cooler, so get a small fan, couple ice trays and your donut and get to it. :)

And I'm doing my best to always have cookies at arms reach.

Oh, yeah, I figure if it doesn't say organic anywhere it's not, so needs adjusting.

Glad to say the cool changed rolled in about an hour ago! Although more so for me than the plants, was around 40C most of yesterday and overnight but it didn't seem to knock them around too much.

And I'm doing my best to always have cookies at arms reach.

You're living the dream.

Oh, yeah, I figure if it doesn't say organic anywhere it's not, so needs adjusting.

Makes sense, will order some drops and stuff on payday.

Gonna try get some photos tomorrow to show you guys the massive difference between my two PCs, almost every thread I have come across since buying the seeds complains that it is an unstable pheno and often takes well over 10 weeks in flower and it certainly seems like my plants are supporting these theories, one is a shrub and one is a delicate tree.

Don't worry too much about it I don't think. Just keep a sharp eye out for signs of rot. And yeah I think I may have a 'hot house flower' too. That's one of the things I noticed when i was looking at the seed index. One cbd strain was listed at like 12tch/3cbd or 3thc/12cbd (numbers are for show) depending on which pheno you got in the pack of seeds.

I opted for the clone route. If I couldn't I'd just stick to more stable lines.

Don't worry too much about it I don't think. Just keep a sharp eye out for signs of rot. And yeah I think I may have a 'hot house flower' too. That's one of the things I noticed when i was looking at the seed index. One cbd strain was listed at like 12tch/3cbd or 3thc/12cbd (numbers are for show) depending on which pheno you got in the pack of seeds.

I opted for the clone route. If I couldn't I'd just stick to more stable lines.

Shall do, I deliberately timed the waterings so that the soil wouldn't be saturated during peak temperatures so hopefully all is well.

Yeah it definitely seems like there's plenty of misinformation floating around which has originated from some of the seed farms but fair enough I guess, business is business unfortunately, can't expect much different.

Haven't really got the space or facilities to be cloning at the moment otherwise would have definitely continued my super fast growing pineapple chunk. Will definitely be included when I can expand.

Will definitely be doing more thorough research into stability next time I buy seeds but still have a few others to grow before I can justify spending more money on other ones.

Managed to put together an update with some photos, by the way feel free to request photos of anything in particular if anyone feels the need to see something I haven't shown.

To start off a family shot

20151222_114609_HDR.jpg

Pineapple Chunk #1

Residing in the back right of the tent as usual is the skinnier stretchier PC. I currently have some of its branches that stretched quite a lot wired to the poles of the tent to hold them down a little as I was worried about bleach and am out of vertical room. Therefore its hard to get good photos of it but will be easier once 2F2V is finished and I can spread PC1 out a bit more.

I like the shape of PC1s stem, it has the curved stems from where I trained it to the outside of the pot after topping it the first time.

20151222_114306_HDR.jpg

As PC1 was struggling a little bit more than its chunky sister when the time came around to top it again I decided I would have a try an FIM on it to see if I could pull it off. Didn't really get what I was going for at all but ended up with 3 tops on one side on of which I had somehow pre-topped so it grew split, leaving me with 4, I FIMed the other side as well and got a slightly different arrangement but its hidden from the camera at the moment.

Not the prettiest looking effort but I sort of like how it has turned out.

20151222_114324_HDR.jpg

Pineapple Chunk #2

Powering along as usual, it looks like it has plenty of tops which are going to bulk up and be similar in size to 2F2V's main cola at least! Or so I hope. Had to remove a few fan leaves from her to get some light into the lower bud sights and make sure there was enough room for air to move through the canopy.

This is PC2's trunk, you can see where I topped her the first time and each of those branches was topped again further up.

20151222_114225_HDR.jpg

A 2F2V update is coming as well, just waiting on my rubbish internet to upload some more photos...

Heh 'out of vertical room'. Bend them sideways, you'll need to get some type of trellis or something if you dont' want to supercrop them.

Yeh FIMMing is tricky like that. Thing you're running into is the number of tops vs space. And the sproutlettes down there, if you're not going to try and re-veg I'd pinch those off.

2 Fast 2 Vast

A few more cloudy trichomes starting to show up but not heaps and no amber yet so still got a little while to go *sigh* trying to stay as patient as possible, at least everything is super frosty and starting to fatten up nicely so that's keeping me happy. Not much of a smell coming from her, lemony if you smell the buds up close.

20151222_114852_HDR.jpg

2F2V's curvy 'laid back' stem :laugh: it did sort of work to give the lower buds more light at least and some of those are starting to fatten up nicely as well.

Heres some photos of the goods, hopefully I get some some matured trichomes for Christmas

20151222_115342_HDR.jpg

20151222_115313_HDR.jpg

20151222_114816_HDR.jpg

Mmm they look tasty :) Yup, this is the fun patient time. Dude your cloudy trichs are the mature trichomes. Amber trichomes are 'stale'. When the trich is cloudy, highest amount of thc in it. When it ambers, the thc is becoming CBN.

Not sure what you're after, but the amber narcosis is something I'm not looking for anymore.

Mmm they look tasty :) Yup, this is the fun patient time. Dude your cloudy trichs are the mature trichomes. Amber trichomes are 'stale'. When the trich is cloudy, highest amount of thc in it. When it ambers, the thc is becoming CBN.

Not sure what you're after, but the amber narcosis is something I'm not looking for anymore.

Oops meant to say some more mature trichomes :smokin:

Going away for a couple of days over Christmas so will leave until at least after then, or however long it needs to get the main cola showing a few ambers at the top but don't think I'm too far off!

Also not sure what I'm after so going for a bit of an assortment.

@NUGGS sounds good to me! Thanks for the advice.

Just got back from a few days away for Christmas, hope everybody had a good one :thumb: first time I've been away from my girls for more than a night and they were certainly on my mind the whole time!

They are asleep right now but can't wait to have a play with them later and get 2F2V under the loupe to see if it might be ready to harvest tomorrow, that would top off a nice christmas.

So opening the tent was a bit of a shock...

Pineapple Chunk 2 must be at the point where she needs daily water as she was quite severely wilted after I spent only 3 days away, even after I watered her just before leaving :( all her leaves were pointing nearly straight down and it looks so much smaller without its shrubbiness. Pineapple Chunk 1 is a little wilted but not nearly as bad.
2 Fast 2 Vast is fine and the buds are looking nice and frosty with mostly cloudy trichomes. Picked a couple of small popcorn buds that I'm going to dry quick drying the way I have mushrooms before, just resting in a empty cardboard cereal box in front of an electric wall heater with just the fan on low (so no heat).

Felt real sad to see PC2 looking so withdrawn but onwards and upwards, gave everyone a good drink a while ago so hopefully will see the PC girls perking back up soon. Is there anything else I should do to help them recover?
Hopefully will have something smokeable in a couple of hours so if that has a good punch to it then 2 Fast 2 Vast will come down tomorrow otherwise I will let it go a few more days.

Back
Top Bottom