Think I Got It This Time, First Time Grower, Indoor, Soil, LED

Looks pretty good to me!

I opened up my tent today to find I was visited by the trich fairy overnight!
420-magazine-mobile983671236.jpg

The smell is getting stronger too, sweet and skunky! I was worried because they just smelled like plant for so long, but things are really picking up now! You'll start to see it real soon.

Sweet. Was gonna ask u also, how many days did your girls stretch (roughly). I'm still tucking Day 10 but would like to try and time it right when I finally release the hounds. I think it's just u and me on this strain, so I'm trying to benefit from u being a couple weeks ahead! Lol

My stretch seemed like it just stopped right around the 3 week mark, 20 days or so. There is another guy on here running this strain about 4 weeks ahead of me, but hes in running dwc not soil. He said his stretched 12 inches or so. He doesn't post much, but I watch his journal like a hawk lol! His name is stargazer17, check him out.

Mine stretched a total of about 5-6 inches, so not nearly as much as I thought they would. But, I was in a 5 gal from the start so you upcanning the way you did probably have a much better root system so may get a little more.

You're doing very well from what I can tell, they seem really happy. I felt a few days ago my buds were going to be tiny and was really stressing. Didn't see much in the way of frost and the smell was really concerning. But when I opened it today it hit me with a nice pungent whiff!! Maybe the smell comes when the trichs start.

David the plants are looking really good. That Scrog has really made a difference and evened things up....Wow....good job!

Thanks for the kind words Guy thanks for checking in. And Redloh, I'm ready for the super pungent scent my girls have had a little odor for a while even during Veg, but only when tent was first unzipped or I had them out tying them up. Since installing the screen tho I can't take them out or rotate them anymore so I'm looking forward to the Day 20ish heavy defoil up top and lollipop underneath. Should make it a lot easier to reach in and water/feed etc. Also scared to death of mold since I've been fortunate enough to get them through Veg to Flower so I wanna make damn sure I'm getting adequate air flow through and around the canipy

Thanks for the kind words Guy thanks for checking in. And Redloh, I'm ready for the super pungent scent my girls have had a little odor for a while even during Veg, but only when tent was first unzipped or I had them out tying them up. Since installing the screen tho I can't take them out or rotate them anymore so I'm looking forward to the Day 20ish heavy defoil up top and lollipop underneath. Should make it a lot easier to reach in and water/feed etc. Also scared to death of mold since I've been fortunate enough to get them through Veg to Flower so I wanna make damn sure I'm getting adequate air flow through and around the canipy
I hear that about the mold. I live in the desert so I actually have a humidifier instead of dehumidifier because without it my RH is in the low 20s. I can barely stay in the 40s even with it running full time. I did put in an oscillating tower fan and keep it running on low 24/7. Plus I added a little 6" fan toward the bottom blowing up around the plant that's farther from the tower fan. I think I'm safe from mold but worried the lower RH may have stunted them a bit.

Guy I'm brand new so certainly don't feel qualified to give advice but I did my best to keep it between 50-65% during Veg as I know it helps the plants with transpiration. Since starting flower, my goal is to keep it at around 40% or less after the stretch as they won't need the transpiration for growth and should help deter mold. But again, first timer here so basically just passing along my research and what's worked so far for me on this grow. I know when mine were seedlings I had them in a small closet under CFLs and RH got up @ 95% a few times and it seemed like they really loved it and gave them a boost but wouldn't recommend that high past seedling stage. Hope that helps!!

Same here Guy, I'm no expert but it seems like higher RH is good for seedlings and early veg. Right around 40 or below is where you want for flower to prevent mold and bud rot. Lower RH is said to help bring out even more trichomes​ also.

When I mentioned I was worried the lower RH stunted them I was referring to my Veg phase.

I'm happy with my RH now around 40 in early flower and I'll probably take the humidifier out in the next week and just let them go in the 20s for the rest of the way.

Update with no pics: Ladies were dry today as I thought they probably would be. Last watering was Monday morning and it was straight water so it's was time for a healthy feeding to push them along. Each lady was fed 1 & 1/3 Gal with a mixture of 1T Big Bloom, 2t Tiger Bloom, 1t Cal-Mag, 1/4t Open Sesame (soluble), and 1t unsulfured blackstrap molasses. Today is Day 11 flower will post another pic on Tuesday after I see what they do over the holiday weekend

That other growers name with the dwc journal is actually sage1769. Stargazer is growing this strain too but doesn't have a journal and was just replying in that thread.

Cool thanks for the info. I looked up the other guy and saw his comments but didn't see a journal. That sweet dank smell getting any dankier wafting outta your room??

Hey Red, I just looked him up he flipped on 3/24 so should b 8 weeks in should be starting to flush I would think but said he'd post a few pics in a bit. Last pics looked really goid

Naw not too much more. It's faintly there but not as strong as I'd hoped at this point. Actually when I posted that the other day about how they smelled, I had just gotten some sour grape (hopefully the last purchase I make for awhile!) a bit before that and it must have still been wofting through the air and think that's what I really smelled lol.

Lefty is really packing on the trichomes though! I'm surprised how much frost is accumulating this early being at day 26 since flip. Righteous still not so much. She looks good but I think Lefty is gonna be special. They look like totally different strains, but have since the beginning really.

I couldn't help myself and I rubbed one of the frosty leaves on one of the tiny lower buds and my fingers were sticky as hell. Now that had some stank to it! It reminded me of a strain I had many years ago and loved called Sweet tooth. I'll post an update Monday.

Cool sounds good. Headed to the lake til Monday I'll look for it. Had to say goodbye to the girls this morning for 3 days gave them on last tucking as I'm sure they'll be pointing up when I get back Monday night. I feel like a mother with Empty Nest Syndrome already! Here they are this morning. I will post another pic Tuesday morning prior to tuck and see what they look like. And as far as odor, my fingers smell like a skunk's ass every time I finish tucking fans/tops
420-magazine-mobile1852204277.jpg
420-magazine-mobile952149546.jpg

Back
Top Bottom