Think I Got It This Time, First Time Grower, Indoor, Soil, LED

You can really see the jump in the girls in these pics. First one was the first day under the Scrog (May 13), the next one was taken this morning (May 20). I'd say a pretty big difference a week makes. Hopeful the next couple are as productive!
420-magazine-mobile901942647.jpg
420-magazine-mobile31678570.jpg

Here's my lineup of nutrients (to date). Will add FF Beastie Bloomz and Cha Ching solubles during mid and late flower according to their full soil schedule. The only thing I have supplemented so far outside their schedule is the Cal-Mag which seems to have been a huge addition so far but may back off a little during flowering unless they tell me different, and the unsulfured blackstrap molasses which I plan on supplementing from mid-flower to flush. I have no idea if the molasses will help or not, but I know it can't hurt and doesn't hurt the wallet too much either!
420-magazine-mobile455692376.jpg

And again this morning before their bedtime at noon. Decided to go noon to midnight with light on to help with temps as the warm up the next few weeks. LEDs don't generate much heat but does add 5-8 degrees I believe. Added the 4 3500K CFLs at the back corners of the tent for supplemental lighting not sure if needed but once again I know it can't hurt me
420-magazine-mobile599765095.jpg

Great! Glad to have someone along for the ride with me! Really haven't had any responses to date but not discouraged I couldn't figure out how to get started with a journal originally and then my pics aren't exactly in order but I got tired of writing notes in my notebook so i figured i could document everything here and if anyone could chime in with suggestions that'd be great too. Good luck to you as well once you pull the trigger, wish i could offer advise other than keep doing what you're doing. Reading up and watch some vids on YouTube etc, pertaining to your grow (medium, indoor, similar lighting, etc), but main thing I think so far if you're gonna go indoor would be environment, environment, environment. If u can control that and don't get crazy while they are young you should b on your way

Thanks for sharing! These look great, and are really filling out the screen. You are just ahead of me too so to speak, using a similar nutrient and tent for flowering etc. In fact, I was just planning a scrog frame and your photos are plenty. Looks easy breezy to follow:) Cheers and thanks again!

Thanks guys for following along glad to have you! Yes they're reaching pretty good but it's unbelievable how many new sites are trying to fight through to the light above screen. I keep tucking fans, and I've got a couple of really thick-stemmed tops I'm trying to lasso down but overall no complaints. Got straight H2O this morning will give them full again in 3-4 days including more Open Sesame and 2t of Tiger Bloom. Bought materials for 2nd Scrog (if necessary) to hopefully aid in supporting some of these future heavy colas lol

Hey David, looking good in here! Nice to see another Cali OG haze out there, not many journals on it.

I wish I had not started mine in the final 5 gal pot as your ladies seem much more beastly! Starting small and up potting to a 7 looks much better! But as a rookie I'll learn.

Thanks for stopping in and checking out my journal. I'm subbed up and will definitely be following ya from here on out.

Great thanks and fellow rook here. I was hesitant to transplant as well for fear of killing them some kind of way (there's still time for that!), was going to go from solo cup to 5 Gal Smart but went solo>1 Gal>3Gal>7Gal and I think it's worked out. Most of what I read said to up pot along the way unless running autos, but some go straight to final home too so I guess personal preference. You certainly have nothing to be ashamed of tho!!

Yea, it was the fear of killing them that kept me from transplanting. Now that I know how resilient they are I will definitely be transplanting next run.

I was also scared to tie them down in the beginning and terrified to do any pruning. People seem pretty split on pruning and when and how much, so I pruned the shit outta one and just a bit in the other.

I came into this first run with low expectations and really just wanted to learn as much as I could, and feel like I have a more solid foundation to work from now next time.

Yes scared to water, train, feed, or anything else really at first (at least for me), but you're right they are tough little plants!! I have not done much pruning of fans since flip, but did take off quite a few the last week or so of Veg mostly to get more light to the existing bud sites for flower. It's crazy tho they immediately grow more fans and it seems like they're popping new sites all over the place although on young stems. It's a lot of fun

Here's a shot of them today again before lights out and before I did the daily tuck. I turn off the bloom switches on the LEDs before I take pictures you can actually see the girls true colors. Also put on the macro lens for a second and got a shot of an early flower. I'm getting anxious to see some pistils!!
420-magazine-mobile272561695.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2112200446.jpg
420-magazine-mobile246927804.jpg

Alright I'll try not to post anything else for at least a few days until the stretch is close to done and I let them reach but as a noob I guess I just can't help it! Plus I'm doing this as a lazy man's journal so I can have something with pics included all in one spot. Here's girls day 10 flower. They're due nutes next watering which should be tomorrow or Friday as they got straight H2O on Monday morning. Did more tucking today and everything looking good (I think??)
420-magazine-mobile113600962.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1644605713.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1439500453.jpg

Back
Top Bottom