Third Times A Charm They Say

P.S. Gulp... incorrect transplant... dead plant.... now I am scared about doing my first one :) .

Thanks for the support Fluffy!

He transplanted her from a pot she was sharing with something else into a completely foreign soil. I think he probably f'd up the root system prying them apart as well. I doubt he took too much care. But it depresses him a bit, and he's a really good friend. So I thought the gift my cheer him up. Shhhhhh! It's a surprise! :)

New Pics from yesterday. Day 17 put 'em in the box under cfl's. They were getting stinky. :)
Group shot
IMG_23815.jpg

Queen Drizella
IMG_23827.JPG

Lady Kush
IMG_23838.JPG

Her Surgery
IMG_23857.JPG

Queen Drizella's secondary growth
IMG_23865.JPG

The Lesser Kush :)
IMG_23885.jpg

Comparison shot of QD and The Lesser Kush
IMG_23895.jpg

Poor Squig! Hoping to bring her around. She's my pet project/ learning tool now. :)
IMG_23926.jpg

All in the shot
IMG_24035.jpg

We ain't giving up on Squiggy! :cheer:

I wish I could think of something to suggest but I know almost nothing about growing plants. I know I bought a bottle of SuperThrive for "stressed" plants in anticipation of transplant but I have no idea if anything like that would just perk her up a bit? Like a luxury hot toddie made with single malt whisky when you've a stinking head cold?

Lady Kush seems fine after the accident, she will soon show no signs of it. I knew she was a tough gal under that posh lady exterior :)

Looking nice sir. Poor Squiggy, Being fed and watered the same? I had one plant that was going know where I replanted with new soil , tried not to disturb the roots too much and planted in New soil and watered with just water. She came back may be my new mother.

Looking nice sir. Poor Squiggy, Being fed and watered the same? I had one plant that was going know where I replanted with new soil , tried not to disturb the roots too much and planted in New soil and watered with just water. She came back may be my new mother.

Yep, everyone's been getting the same til she went downward. Now the big girls are getting big girl food and Squiggy's still bottle fed til I figure out what's up. Was thinking of doing an h202 root wash and putting her into new soil.

After I flushed her last, I pulled her out of the pot to look at her roots and found a lil' white wormy thing in there. It had a black tip on one end and before I sliced it in half w/ a razor blade, it touched one end to the other and flung itself about half a foot laterally! What the hell is that! I didn't see any more so I put her back in.

Mine was a clone in rockwool and was planted in ffof and I think it stayed to moist, little pot seemed moist all Tue time. Upon removing her found a very small root ball. But once replanted in roots organic soil and a mix of humbolts basement soil she seems to be doing good. Not sure on the worm any pics before it sacrificed itself
Will do a little google search , but what is h2o2 have seen it a lot.

Mine was a clone in rockwool and was planted in ffof and I think it stayed to moist, little pot seemed moist all Tue time. Upon removing her found a very small root ball. But once replanted in roots organic soil and a mix of humbolts basement soil she seems to be doing good. Not sure on the worm any pics before it sacrificed itself
Will do a little google search , but what is h2o2 have seen it a lot.

Hydrogen peroxide. Transplanted into new soil last night. Fingers crossed! :)

y good sir, keep us updated didn't take long for my one girl to show good signs and good color. They seem to be loving the Blue Planet Nutes as well, stuff is doing what it said it would do and I am pretty much at or just about a 100% on each feeding, plants are just getting bigger inside and outside they are flowering and filling in nicely .

y good sir, keep us updated didn't take long for my one girl to show good signs and good color. They seem to be loving the Blue Planet Nutes as well, stuff is doing what it said it would do and I am pretty much at or just about a 100% on each feeding, plants are just getting bigger inside and outside they are flowering and filling in nicely .

I've read nothing but positives RE: BPN! I may place an order eventually for the next grow. Probably purchase some FF soil mix as well, as my DIY soil seems to have too many little critters scootin' about. :) If they were outside I probably wouldn't be so concerned, my garden is doing great with it! The girls (Squiggy aside) seem to like it too, but I still fret seeing the bugs.:bitingnails: I'll ride this grow out with it. The reserve I have for transplant has been curing this whole time. I added a bit of lime and neem drenched it for a week a while back and have been feeding it @ pint of blended veggie scraps every few weeks. It's definitely less course than what was used to germinate (what they're in now). I just hope it's not too hot. I have half a mind to germ another bean in it to see if it takes. I would imagine if I could get another seedling to sprout in it, it would be fine for a girl vegged for 3+ weeks? Maybe I will.

Got the socket assembly, now just waiting on the BAASP adapter to get the HPS rolling. :) A couple more days then "AZIZ! MORE LIGHT!"

Wasn't happy w/ how the temps were sitting in the grow area with the 8 - 23wCFL's burning, so I reconfigured the fans. Cut another hole next to the outtake, took out the fan I had pushing air through the ducting and placed it next to the other in the wall. Spliced the hose into a Y type connection and have them both pulling air now. If I need, I still have the 60cfm fan I can put in front of the filter to push through.
We'll see. It's been about 20minutes since I closed the door, gonna go see where we are temp wise soon. Then I'll assemble the filter. Only have about 1# of carbon so it might be small, but should get me through flower I'm sure.

Peace!

Korloin

LOL....jandre2k3 just used that line in my journal.

I'll bet I subconsciously remembered that! I was rereading your journal yesterday. :) such a great movie moment though. Lol.

Btw I'm getting to those milk crates soon. :D

Temps were still hanging @ 85f, so I took a couple bulbs out. They weren't doing much anyway. More ambiance maybe?

Temps were still hanging @ 85f, so I took a couple bulbs out. They weren't doing much anyway. More ambiance maybe?

Only if attached to a disco ball :)

Wasn't happy w/ how the temps were sitting in the grow area with the 8 - 23wCFL's burning, so I reconfigured the fans. Cut another hole next to the outtake, took out the fan I had pushing air through the ducting and placed it next to the other in the wall. Spliced the hose into a Y type connection and have them both pulling air now. If I need, I still have the 60cfm fan I can put in front of the filter to push through.
We'll see. It's been about 20minutes since I closed the door, gonna go see where we are temp wise soon. Then I'll assemble the filter. Only have about 1# of carbon so it might be small, but should get me through flower I'm sure.

I'm rather lost on the soil discussion, but will be interested to see how you get on with the changed ventilation. Pics are always welcomed! nudge nudge wink wink.

One thing I am learning is the grow room is rather a dynamic setting, much more than I realised!

Have pics on my "mobile" heh. :D I'll drop em in my real computer shortly. Sux, I can't upload anything from this doodad!

New fan configure
IMG_24157.JPG

IMG_24358.jpg

perspective
IMG_24245.jpg

socket installed
IMG_24268.JPG

shot of the kids :)
IMG_24169.JPG

Installed the carbon filter today and put the rest of the reflectix back up. Decided to put the 60cfm in front of the filter and push through to the other 2 fans. Seems to be working good.

Queen Driz grew @ 1/2 to 3/4" overnight!:headbanger:

4th node is going, think I'ma start LST tonight with her!

Lady Kush and the Lesser are getting up too! (...and so it begins....:) Secondary growth on Lady Kush is well ahead of the Lesser, but they're about the same height now!
Squiggy still sickly, but her top has improved in color. That's something. ;)

Nublet..........:rip:
Planted a bean in the reserve soil. Weird, it doesn't drain the same. Got all muddy and shit.:confused: Gonna drop some more perlite in and see if that helps. I think I may have overdid the lime. It's the only thing I added other than a little bit of compost from the kitchen I blended up w/ a lil aqua. Only put in maybe 2cups volume of that into @ 100cft of medium. Must be the lime. Hmmmmm

(.....anticipation......)
[video=youtube;aP4eVTQ-LzM]
[/video]

First of all, LOVE this song Korloin ;) Thank you for sharing it with us.

Sounds like it is all going really well... and I've got a good feeling about Squiggy. She just needs a bit more help.

You definitely know more about the actual soil composition than I do. I just can't get my head round it all so went with BioBizz mixes and simple growth and flower nutes. I really hope it pays off for you! I like plug and play, as uncomplicated as possible please :)

You do realise this is going to be an awesome grow this time don't you?

Back
Top Bottom