Third Times A Charm They Say

Glad it is working out and the plantsbare coming back. Your Driz and my Emily are about the same age.
IMAG0109.jpg

IMAG0112.jpg

Just over two weeks old lst and a little love lol.

Sorry, I just got back from a rough trip. It looks like you got it all figured out. But yes, I would draw from above the lamp and oppose my intake/vent locations. Looks good!

I saw on your journal. Sorry about your Gramps. Glad you got to say goodbye, and I believe you're right. He got it.

Thanks for stopping back!

I'm charging a different camera right now in hopes of posting pics with better resolution than my crappy old Fuji.

Only things left to do on the cab are to put the door back on, finish the carbon filter (just need carbon, that craps expensive!), and drop the ceiling back on. Which I can't do until I mount the lamp. Which I can't do until the darn socket finally arrives. But it should be here early next week. Provided the holiday doesn't delay it too much.

When I'm all charged I'll post the delayed pics of the plants and a couple of looksies on the cab progress and you'll see how I've incorporated your advice.:thanks:

Thanks again Heirloom!

K

Glad it is working out and the plantsbare coming back. Your Driz and my Emily are about the same age.
IMAG0109.jpg

IMAG0112.jpg

Just over two weeks old lst and a little love lol.

WOW!! BEAUTIFUL!:thumb:

She's a bit more filled out than my wee ones!
You're vegging under an HPS lamp right?
I have an HPS bulb ready for when my socket arrives, but I'm not sure vegging GLR with the HPS is a good idea or not.
I won't have enough scratch to get a halide bulb until next payday (1 1/2 weeks), But I really want to get more light on the ladies before then. The CFL's have been doing a good job, but they're getting bigger and I feel they're starving a bit.
I guess I could put the CFL's in the cab w/ the HPS to mix up the spectrum a bit. Just not sure it would be anywhere near enough to have impact the low kelvins on the HPS and keep them from flowering too soon.

One day I'll know all this crap. :)

K

Yes she / it are under a 600w hps, that is all I have ever used and I have had good results. I will try and post a pic of the 8 bcs clones when I put them under it up till now a total of 16 days the plants don't even look the same . Putting the cfls in with your other light won't hurt anything at all keep them close and to the side to help with lighting the lower part of the plant , mine need some more lst and a little trim, maybe three weeks or so will go to 12/12. And I think it was smokemup (so) who said it isn't the number of daylight hours that makes them flower it is the 12 hours of continuous darkness that does .

WOW!! BEAUTIFUL!:thumb:

She's a bit more filled out than my wee ones!
You're vegging under an HPS lamp right?
I have an HPS bulb ready for when my socket arrives, but I'm not sure vegging GLR with the HPS is a good idea or not.
I won't have enough scratch to get a halide bulb until next payday (1 1/2 weeks), But I really want to get more light on the ladies before then. The CFL's have been doing a good job, but they're getting bigger and I feel they're starving a bit.
I guess I could put the CFL's in the cab w/ the HPS to mix up the spectrum a bit. Just not sure it would be anywhere near enough to have impact the low kelvins on the HPS and keep them from flowering too soon.

One day I'll know all this crap. :)

K

Not sure about HPS for the vegging stage... when I looked into it it appears Metal Halide is better for vegging (more blue, or is that me making that up?) hence the reason I've got the MH for veg and HPS for flower. I think, and please someone correct me if I am wrong, that it might be better with your CFLs for the veg and the HPS for the flower?

Be interesting to see what people who actually know what they are talking about say :)

And, erm, thank you I think for the sloppy cyber kisses :rollingeyes: :laughtwo:

PROGRESS!!

the box
box76.jpg

inside
inside13.jpg

looking right at lower outtake/exhaust
insideright.jpg

upper intake and plexi
intake-plexi.jpg

end of ducting (where filter will attach) and looking up through plexiglass
plexiglass.jpg

upper outtake fans
topfan.jpg

Apparently this camera takes even shittier pics, though it has better resolution!!
Have to try again tomorrow for the Royal Family:)

Ooh, ooh!! How exciting! :)

It looks absolutely awesome Korloin, you have put so much work into this you really deserve it to work brilliantly! :cheer: Not like those of us who just shove up a wardrobe (i.e. me) so I am proper rooting for your setup.

Ooh, ooh!! How exciting! :)

It looks absolutely awesome Korloin, you have put so much work into this you really deserve it to work brilliantly! :cheer: Not like those of us who just shove up a wardrobe (i.e. me) so I am proper rooting for your setup.

Thank you Fluffy! It's been quite a learning experience! Don't sell yourself short! Converting one piece of furniture into a more useful piece is quite a feat! I just made this mostly w/ a bunch of crap I had laying about.:)

Check THIS out!

And more!Stealth Dresser lighting 400

That's some nice work! I'm green.

TRAGEDY BEFALLS LADY KUSH!!

So I went to check on things and get some pics. And lo!

ladykushgoesdown.jpg

Her makeshift ashtray riser had unsettled and she fell askew! Her leaves on on side sitting right beneath the CFL ballast and cooking since who knows when. :trance:

ladykushdamage3.jpg

ladykushdamage2.jpg

ladykushdamage1.jpg

What to do? Should I trim the damage or just let her be?:helpsmilie:

Some snaps of the ones who didn't fall to my misjudgement.

The other Kush (top and profile) day 16

kush2top.jpg

kush2profile.jpg

Queen Drizella still reigning (day 16)

queendriztop.jpg

queendrizprofile.jpg

The wee Squiggy hasn't done much growing since the flushing. She's still alive though.

(day 16)
squiggy22.jpg

squiggytop2.jpg

^sorry for the blurry pic. There is some new growth on top, but it's slow going.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Soon they will be in a far less precarious position.

Sad K

Not sure about HPS for the vegging stage... when I looked into it it appears Metal Halide is better for vegging (more blue, or is that me making that up?) hence the reason I've got the MH for veg and HPS for flower. I think, and please someone correct me if I am wrong, that it might be better with your CFLs for the veg and the HPS for the flower?

Be interesting to see what people who actually know what they are talking about say :)

I meant to answer this before now. :)

As far as I'm aware Fluffy, you are correct regarding the spectrums. But many do complete grows w/ just HPS. Same results for vegging takes longer than a MH, I believe. But not sure re: HPS vs CFL. I think the blue light does more for the stem and keeping the nodes tight while the red will promote stretch (growth). I think I'm gonna build a couple lil' removable cfl strips to put on either side of the box to supplement the blue spectrum when my hps gets installed and do the GLR in the cab for another week or so of veg with both hps and cfl.

And, erm, thank you I think for the sloppy cyber kisses :rollingeyes: :laughtwo:

:) At least there was no tongue! LOL! That would just be wrong.:rofl:

As far as I'm aware Fluffy, you are correct regarding the spectrums. But many do complete grows w/ just HPS. Same results for vegging takes longer than a MH, I believe. But not sure re: HPS vs CFL. I think the blue light does more for the stem and keeping the nodes tight while the red will promote stretch (growth). I think I'm gonna build a couple lil' removable cfl strips to put on either side of the box to supplement the blue spectrum when my hps gets installed and do the GLR in the cab for another week or so of veg with both hps and cfl.

This all makes sense to me, I admire your attention to detail! I love watching journals like this where there are a lot of little touches.

I feel so overloaded by the amount I need to remember to grow this plant I just went with really really simple MH veg and HPS flower, I believe it was Fuzzy who helped me initially identify that for a grow my size it was just as efficient overall in terms of cost as CFLs, and I am not ashamed to admit I did just want one light fitting that I change a light bulb in :)

TRAGEDY BEFALLS LADY KUSH!

OMG! :thedoubletake: Poor Lady Kush!

I am awaiting a knowledgeable response from one of our kind contributors.. but wanted to add my moral support!

She will survive I am sure, this is not going to be another :rip:. Rooting for you and Lady Kush!

OMG! :thedoubletake: Poor Lady Kush!

I am awaiting a knowledgeable response from one of our kind contributors.. but wanted to add my moral support!

She will survive I am sure, this is not going to be another :rip:. Rooting for you and Lady Kush!

Thanks Fluffy!

I think she'll be fine. Looks less bad in the light. :) But I think I just killed the nublet. :straightface: It fell off the shelf as I was putting Squiggy back under the light after another flushing. She still hadn't improved much so I thought I'd give her another wash. I don't think I flushed her enough the first time as it took almost a gallon to get her runoff to be clear. I was being too delicate. We'll see if nublet can reroot. But I'm not too hopeful. It was sheared right out of the peatpot with just a couple mm's of root left attached. I filled the lil' container with soil and popped 'em in. Maybe I should dome it like a clone?

This all makes sense to me, I admire your attention to detail! I love watching journals like this where there are a lot of little touches.

I feel so overloaded by the amount I need to remember to grow this plant I just went with really really simple MH veg and HPS flower, I believe it was Fuzzy who helped me initially identify that for a grow my size it was just as efficient overall in terms of cost as CFLs, and I am not ashamed to admit I did just want one light fitting that I change a light bulb in :)

K.I.S.S. as our pal smokemup would say! Don't overcomplicate it and it'll work out great. I'm looking to do the same as you are, ultimately. The cfl's are being used because I couldn't wait to get my new beans a'growin'! :) Hence the rush getting the box together.

Sorry to hear about Tue plants , but they can bounce back pretty good. Forgetting my light was belt up by a 4x4 I moved a wall to install my tent and the light came down on all my clones , burnt a few leaves but they bounced back quickly. And for the stretch with the light really hasn't been a factor. The plants are thriving under the hps. First picture a little over two weeks ago the others from yesterday.
IMAG0243.jpg

This is the first times the clones and Emily went under the hps.
IMAG0113.jpg

IMAG0117.jpg

Emily with two fan leaves removed to allow light to the inner branches. So I will stick with my hps for my grows. Keeping it simple for me and not purchasing another light .

Oh no!! Hope your girl will be ok?
Mate i nearly toppled Cindy over when i put my risers under her pot too!! But yeah luckily i had my mrs home to run to my aid..
Mate, them leaves are gunna be stuffed, but id becareful about trimming them off. Let em grow out i reckon, til some more growth comes from the top and then take em off, as the plant will still use some of that leaf, and it will kill it off itself once its done with it. Then maybe snip it. Up to you?
DRIZELLA lookin the best mate:goodjob: MAYBE sacrifice the burnt one and concentrate on the rest? BEST OF LUCK. Smokem..

Sorry to hear about Tue plants , but they can bounce back pretty good. Forgetting my light was belt up by a 4x4 I moved a wall to install my tent and the light came down on all my clones , burnt a few leaves but they bounced back quickly. And for the stretch with the light really hasn't been a factor. The plants are thriving under the hps. First picture a little over two weeks ago the others from yesterday.
This is the first times the clones and Emily went under the hps.

Emily with two fan leaves removed to allow light to the inner branches. So I will stick with my hps for my grows. Keeping it simple for me and not purchasing another light .

Can't argue against that!

For me, the metal halide-veg/ HPS-flower thing is purely academic at this point. As I've no experiential data of my own to speak from. I'll more than likely finish vegging these with the hps and some supplemental 6500k cfl's. I'll get a halide bulb for my next venture and see how that compares. :) I'm planning on leaving the ceiling unattached, so getting the bulbs swapped out won't be a very big ordeal on this end.

Your clones are looking mighty there OG! And Emily too! Well done! ;)

Oh no!! Hope your girl will be ok?
Mate i nearly toppled Cindy over when i put my risers under her pot too!! But yeah luckily i had my mrs home to run to my aid..
Mate, them leaves are gunna be stuffed, but id becareful about trimming them off. Let em grow out i reckon, til some more growth comes from the top and then take em off, as the plant will still use some of that leaf, and it will kill it off itself once its done with it. Then maybe snip it. Up to you?
DRIZELLA lookin the best mate:goodjob: MAYBE sacrifice the burnt one and concentrate on the rest? BEST OF LUCK. Smokem..

Thanks Smokem! The nublet would have been too much in my box anyway. Part of me is hoping it doesn't bounce back. :) if it does, I've got a buddy who was growing some sativa in his window, but killed it with an improper transplant. I was planning on giving one of the Kush to him (I'll transplant it myself and give it to him right before I put the rest into flower with some of my old cfl setup and some panda film I've got laying around. ;)), he can have the nublet too if it lives.

I'm gonna keep working on Squiggy myself though. Try to keep her in veg til she sacks up and shows me she wants to flower! :)

I wound up trimming up the dead/ burned parts on Lady Kush earlier actually. Gave the healthy girls their first real nutes yesterday and they responded with some more growth on the secondaries and a lil boost in their tops. So I thought she might be fine or better with the lil' snip I gave her. :). Time will tell though.

Put everyone in the box this afternoon too as they're starting to get a bit pungent! Built a little cfl fixture to hold them over and also so I would have to figure out how to hang that thing I had in the temp veg box. The box was holding @ 80F last I checked. That's with 8 23w cfl 6500k's in the grow area, so I think I'm gonna be fine on temps when I put the hps on top. Might have to take a couple cfls out or maybe increase the size of the passive intake. But I'm feeling pretty damn good about the box now. :) I'll post a pic in a bit.

Thanks Smokem! The nublet would have been too much in my box anyway. Part of me is hoping it doesn't bounce back. :) if it does....got a buddy who was growing some sativa in his window, but killed it with an improper transplant. I was planning on giving one of the Kush to him (I'll transplant it myself and give it to him right before I put the rest into flower with some of my old cfl setup and some panda film I've got laying around. ;)), he can have the nublet too if it lives.

I'm gonna keep working on Squiggy myself though. Try to keep her in veg til she sacks up and shows me she wants to flower! :)

I wound up trimming up the dead/ burned parts on Lady Kush earlier actually. Gave the healthy girls their first real nutes yesterday and they responded with some more growth on the secondaries and a lil boost in their tops. So I thought she might be fine or better with the lil' snip I gave her. :). Time will tell though.

Put everyone in the box this afternoon too as they're starting to get a bit pungent! Built a little cfl fixture to hold them over and also so I would have to figure out how to hang that thing I had in the temp veg box. The box was holding @ 80F last I checked. That's with 8 23w cfl 6500k's in the grow area, so I think I'm gonna be fine on temps when I put the hps on top. Might have to take a couple cfls out or maybe increase the size of the passive intake. But I'm feeling pretty damn good about the box now. :) I'll post a pic in a bit.

I love how the girls have been selected, and I agree with your treatment of Squiggy. She may be one that struggles but I have no doubt she will always yield plenty...but she needs reminding she has to do most of it herself (sorry, being tough Coach now :blushsmile:). I knew I'd taken to Squiggy straight away Korloin, so I'm rooting for her more now you're keeping her!

And Lady Kush needs reminding that even a proper lady has to rough it sometimes and not be ashamed of it. So I have no doubt she will perk up too.

I'm really starting to see the spirit of these plants (and it gives me hope!). I love the fact that we will always make mistakes and unintentionally make things worse for that particular plant, they all seem to have such different personalities. I have no doubt yours will bounce back ... we just have Cindy and AJ's garden to look at to know all is not lost. What a relief too because I know what I'm like.

And please do post pics of the box soon, I'm as excited about that as the plants in it.

P.S. Gulp... incorrect transplant... dead plant.... now I am scared about doing my first one :) .

Back
Top Bottom