Third Times A Charm They Say

Hey Outspoken!!

Welcome back! Sorry to hear about your computer troubles. Looking forward to seeing your grow!!

I'll give quick recap for ya. :) since last we spoke, I've decided to have two separate vent systems going. One on top for the light with lots of places for heat to escape as well as 2 80cfm fans helping to draw out And a more isolated grow area utilizing a passive intake and two 65cfm fans pulling air through a vent hose ultimately connected to a carbon filter I'm trying to put together. One of the fans is mounted inside the hose at the exhaust end pulling air and one is in the hose at the other (interior) end which will be pulling through the carbon filter and pushing air through the hose towards the exhaust. Although, yesterday I found a couple ozone purifiers on eBay for like $35! I'm reconsidering the carbon filter. :)

Also, I incorporated the Gas Light method to my seedlings two days ago to help defray electrical cost and (hopefully) shorten vegging time and increase yield! They're responding really well so far. I'll post pics later this week when they hit their 2 week mark to compare against the one week photos.

Tomorrow is payday!! (finally) so I should be able to get the last pieces needed for the cab and move everything in by the end of the week I'm thinking. :)

Although, yesterday I found a couple ozone purifiers on eBay for like $35! I'm reconsidering the carbon filter. :)

Also, I incorporated the Gas Light method to my seedlings two days ago to help defray electrical cost and (hopefully) shorten vegging time and increase yield! They're responding really well so far. I'll post pics later this week when they hit their 2 week mark to compare against the one week photos.

Tomorrow is payday!! (finally) so I should be able to get the last pieces needed for the cab and move everything in by the end of the week I'm thinking. :)

Bargain! I need to find me one of those! lol

I'm excited for you tomorrow to be able to pick up the last bits and pieces, after a lot of hard work and waiting it will feel like Christmas for you. I love the way you've constructed everything.

And can't wait to see those pics :blushsmile:

Thanks Fluffy!

I may have to either order the glass custom or reduce the opening between the chambers to get stock glass. Hmmm. Always something. :)
It'd be around $20 from an online place. And I could have it in a few days. Might just be worth it.

The O3 generators do work for odors. I had one 10+ years ago in a condo I use to own w/ an ex. Had one of the lil' 200mg or so ones for 1000sq ft apt. Couldn't smell a dog fart sitting right next to ya. :) I only worry about the ozone being recycled back into the box through the intake vents and f'ing up the plants. Anyone know how fastl O3 dissipates or how far away from the box I would have to keep it to prevent such an issue?

Thanks Fluffy!

I may have to either order the glass custom or reduce the opening between the chambers to get stock glass. Hmmm. Always something. :)
It'd be around $20 from an online place. And I could have it in a few days. Might just be worth it.

The O3 generators do work for odors. I had one 10+ years ago in a condo I use to own w/ an ex. Had one of the lil' 200mg or so ones for 1000sq ft apt. Couldn't smell a dog fart sitting right next to ya. :) I only worry about the ozone being recycled back into the box through the intake vents and f'ing up the plants. Anyone know how fastl O3 dissipates or how far away from the box I would have to keep it to prevent such an issue?

I hope you can get the custom glass, it would be such a shame not to have it just how you want after all this work and planning. Do let us know!

I did look at the ozone generators, but need to do some more research into it...I'm not knowledgeable enough to comment yet but I'm sure I read some negativity about it health wise/with plastics etc? I could well be talking out of my bottom though as I havent looked at it enough yet. And knowing me...yup, I would kill my girls unintentionally! :blushsmile:

Hey Korloin, get everything set up yet looking forward to seeing your plants even happier in their new home, also hope the glass works out, fluffy is right on that one, all that work to not have it how you wanted. Let us know how the fans work for your temps .

I'm thinking maybe acrylic or polycarbonate in lieu of glass now. For one they're available in the size I'd need cut and they're about half the price. And in stock at HD!

Either way I'll have it ready very soon!

:)

As long as it does not affect the light coming through , cheaper is better, the price of things add up quickly if you really stop and think about it, but in the end the actual joy of growing legally is priceless.

Thanks OG.

I know they have some sort of UV protection to keep them from turning yellow, but they're not supposed to affect the rest of the spectrum as they're often used for greenhouse construction. I was most worried about the light temps affecting them. But they're supposed to be ok for like 250F +. A 400w hps or metal halide won't put out THAT much heat I hope!

I think you should be safe, with the ventilation and all . Will have to check them out maybe seal my light during the summer and remove it during the winter to help keep the tent warmer , beings it is outside in the garage.

I forgot to mention this, and I'm at work so I can't post a pic til later, but I think Squiggy might be showing signs of a K deficiency. Burned tips and edges turning brown to black. Only on the first (1 finger) leaves. Also a lil' droopy. Should I flush? She's still pretty young. None of the others are affected. I've only watered them once since breaking ground, but did do a foliar spritz w/ a weak nute solution. ( 1/4 tsp/ gal bloom fert something like 5-54-12 or something, but definitely high potash. )

I would say that if you gave something high in potash (potassium), then a potassium deficiency is unlikely unless it had been locked out due to pH.

:peace:

:bigblush:

I meant to say phosphorus

Anywhoo, I'm gonna flush her tonight and see if that helps. Runoff when I watered her was 6.5ish, so I don't think its ph unless it's happened since. I'll check again on the first run through and report back with pics. I'm still using ph strips as I haven't yet got a fancy hi tech soil tester.:) So maybe I'm reading it wrong or have a prob w/ proper procedure. Everyone else has gotten the same thing and is in the same soil so......... maybe she's just a sensitive girl. :)

I'm definitely no expert on diagnosing deficiencies, but it looks like a very mild case of K def from what I've read and pics I've seen.

Hi Korloin,
Just in regard to a ph tester, i have a cheap ph soil tester, just a copper tubing with the meter on top..
2012-07-07_16_45_43.jpg
Nuthin fancy but it works, just let it sit for a minit after you water, it seems fairly accurate. Ive had no ph probs, and when i test my run off with a water ph test kit ( $5 basic kit ) its usually between 6.0- 6.5.. You can get a PH and soil moisture meter in one like mine, many soil growers use em, so they must be half decent!
Hope this helps ya buddy! Later, Smokemup..

Also remeber if you are using any type of organic soil it will help offset or buffer that ph reading, I have 13 plants going right now inside and out all in soil and I do not check ph on soil or water, my water is well water . To me ph is more of a critical factor in hydro . With the middle number at 54 that seems really high for any nutes I have seen . Flush and see how she does, let's see a photo when you can. I am using BPN AND using it at pretty much full strength about every 6 days and have no issues and that is with plants in bloom and seedling/clones.

Thanks Smokemup! I was looking around for one at the mega store on my shopping spree this afternoon (was hoping to find one on clearance as it's the "end" of the gardening season and all the Halloween masks are where the bags of MG soil used to be) but no luck. Soon enough though. This strips I got are first rate and retail for probably just as much as a modest digital one. (One of the perks of working at an Rx! EMPLOYEE DISCOUNT!!) So I think they're probably accurate enough as long as user error isn't playing too much into the equation.:hmmmm::laugh: I'm grabbing a reading off the first wash into the reservoir below the pot. Am I wrong?

K

Thanks OG! I wondered if it was too much, but it was soooo diluted that I didn't think it would do harm. I thought it might help root development a bit. Driz has got roots starting to spill out the bottom of the pot and seems to be banging, but Squig is looking a bit frail. The K.O. Kush are still going strong too. I'm about to go get the finishing touches on the box done (just waiting on the GD socket assembly to complete the necessities) and I'll snap a few pics and put em up before sleepytime.

K

Squiggy's plight Day 12 (pre-flush)

squiggy4.jpg

squiggy5top.jpg

Driz (same strain, same age)

Driz1top.jpg

The Kush twins

kush1top.jpg

kush2top2.jpg

Keeping my fingers crossed for Squiggy Korloin, I'm sure you will be able to rescue her. I just wish I could offer some help other than moral support!

Per us know how it goes , kinda weird one would do.that if they are all being fed the same. Keeping my fingers crossed for.yah. I lost two outdoor plants just out of the blue , hope squig pops back .

Thanks All!

I have faith she'll come back. Just have to treat her more gently. :)

Back
Top Bottom