Third Times A Charm They Say

First of all, LOVE this song Korloin ;) Thank you for sharing it with us.

Sounds like it is all going really well... and I've got a good feeling about Squiggy. She just needs a bit more help.

You definitely know more about the actual soil composition than I do. I just can't get my head round it all so went with BioBizz mixes and simple growth and flower nutes. I really hope it pays off for you! I like plug and play, as uncomplicated as possible please :)

You do realise this is going to be an awesome grow this time don't you?

Thanks Fluffy! I really appreciate your support. It helps tremendously. :).
I was just reading what you wrote on Springs journal and this struck me
- (paraphrasing) "I'm just making it up as I go" -
BRILLIANT!!!
That's exactly what we're doing. It's all trial and error. Look at my original idea for the cab, for instance, to where it is now (pics in @ 1/2 hour) !
And that design came after failing the first attempt in there with the cfl's which came after the FIRST, first attempt in a back corner if my basement w/ 2x4's and panda film! It's evolution Baby! :)

Sometimes I feel like I'm 14 again and trying to make a bong out of an old stethescope and a pyrex beaker! Or a gravity bong from a trash can and a coke bottle!

I've been in full on DIY mode since I got home from work. :) it consuming. Lol!

pics of todays diy efforts

Air pot -
IMG_24369.jpg

IMG_24399.JPG
IMG_24376.jpg

Carbon Filter-
IMG_24417.jpg

IMG_24405.jpg

:thumb:

Thanks Fluffy! I really appreciate your support. It helps tremendously. :).
I was just reading what you wrote on Springs journal and this struck me
- (paraphrasing) "I'm just making it up as I go" -
BRILLIANT!!!
That's exactly what we're doing. It's all trial and error. Look at my original idea for the cab, for instance, to where it is now (pics in @ 1/2 hour) !
And that design came after failing the first attempt in there with the cfl's which came after the FIRST, first attempt in a back corner if my basement w/ 2x4's and panda film! It's evolution Baby! :)

Sometimes I feel like I'm 14 again and trying to make a bong out of an old stethescope and a pyrex beaker! Or a gravity bong from a trash can and a coke bottle!

I've been in full on DIY mode since I got home from work. :) it consuming. Lol!

I'm glad to be of service ;)

This is why I am getting that job on Monday Korloin, I want to join in the DIY craze. It looks like so much fun.

I'm definitely making it up as I go, but that's half the fun isn't it? :) See what you can create, and it makes the relationship between you and the plant, and therefore the final smoke, much more special.

I'm glad to be of service ;)

This is why I am getting that job on Monday Korloin, I want to join in the DIY craze. It looks like so much fun.

I'm definitely making it up as I go, but that's half the fun isn't it? :) See what you can create, and it makes the relationship between you and the plant, and therefore the final smoke, much more special.

:) agreed !

DIY, it's the stoner ethos in play. ;)
"what if I took this and turned it into THIS!?!"

Gotta love the DIY stuff, it is just bringing out the inner artist in all of us, lol. Looking good, they will love the hps you will see a difference pretty quickly, they are saying more lumens please. Good to hear the color on the top of sqiggy is looking better, that is were I seen the first improvement in mine after I reported her. They will be teenagers very soon.

Gotta love the DIY stuff, it is just bringing out the inner artist in all of us, lol. Looking good, they will love the hps you will see a difference pretty quickly, they are saying more lumens please. Good to hear the color on the top of sqiggy is looking better, that is were I seen the first improvement in mine after I reported her. They will be teenagers very soon.

This is why I wish I could grow a Sativa as well, I get very creative smoking my preferred Indicas but it doesn't exactly get transferred from ideas to movement :)

Should have the adapter in Monday. Working out actually! I just transplanted the ones I'm keeping into my DIY airpots and the one Kush I'm giving away into a larger pot as well. That'll give them a couple days to settle in and I can't start the LST and the hps simultaneously!

Temps are hovering at 79-80f since I took the 2 bulbs up and moved the fan. As long as the plexiglas holds, I think everything will be up to snuff!

That'll give them a couple days to settle in and I can't start the LST and the hps simultaneously!

That was supposed to say CAN start. :blushsmile:

Well, apparently the adapter came in the mail yesterday!!:yahoo: I worked all day then went to a party directly after that, so didn't see the mail until this morning.

As of right now all the pieces are in place!:headbanger:
The kids are looking like the transplant had no i'll effects and they've been in their GLR dark cycle since early this morning.

In about an hour the 12hr light cycle will begin and we'll see how the plants and the cab respond to the HPS!:bitingnails:

I'm all a tizzy!:goof:

Tizzied with you :headbanger: I can imagine it was not easy waiting. Doing an awesome job and props for sure :goodjob:

:peace:

Dam they are gonna love that hps, lumens are a good thing and they will show it. Trimmed mine three days ago and it looks like they have more leaves now , black cherry soda grows good my friend, but cant wait to get the seeds from sannies's .... that will be game on Garth ,,, lol.

Dam they are gonna love that hps, lumens are a good thing and they will show it. Trimmed mine three days ago and it looks like they have more leaves now , black cherry soda grows good my friend, but cant wait to get the seeds from sannies's .... that will be game on Garth ,,, lol.

Indeed, Wayne! lol!

Everything seems to be ok! Temps @ 78-82, but I think I can fix that w/the fan. Have to raise the ceiling @ and inch or so. Melted the reflectix I had above the lamp. :oops: Spent 20 minutes cleaning melted plastic off the bulb. Got a shim in temporarily to keep it up a bit. I'll do a more permanent fix on it tomorrow. Other than that Faux Pas I think it's all good! Look out world! :)

Your girlies will love the HPS, I am sure you will notice a real difference. Oooh, this is so exciting!! :)

And you aren't alone in melting things, I got my light a bit too close to the top of the tower fan and the cover is a wee bit wonky now!

If you arent melting something at least once your not growing lol. Good to hear it is up and running your temps seem fine and to be honest I could not tell u what my temp, rh, or ph are I don't really check it I let the plants tell me or show me and so far they have showed nothing but love for their environment and my 600w hps is only about 12-15 inches above the plants. And I think mine like the NFL they were listening to a couple games yesterday.

Your friend is a lucky man!!
Wish i could get some Kush via the mail or sumthin!! LOl.. HINT,HINT:)
And mate, after the first month of growth, if they are supplied all they need they will grow fast from now, mine took 4 weeks to triple in size!
Now Cindys 115cm, at Day 5 flower. No flowers yet.. Maybe another weeks or so, as she has a 70 day flower period!! Im hoping she will only stretch 2-3ft at most or im gunne have to use my 400w HPS, for heating issues, but that may also reduce theplants capacity to build some solid bud. But i got some large cola's on my last few grows under th 400w. But Cindy is a totally different animal!
Hping Sqigg and the rest you keep will flourish soon for ya!:goodjob: Later pal, Smokem. Heres Cindy at 1 month..
2012-07-27_12_26_09.jpg
And now, 6 weeks later..
2012-09-03_14_41_16.jpg
So yeah mate, expect em to get fairly big!! I should have flipped her about 2 weeks ago.. HAVE A GOOD ONE!!! SMOKEMUPM8!!!

PHOTO UPDATE! (from 9/9)

Had a busy couple of days and have been only able to do a few drive-by's on the forum.

Since these pics were taken I've lst'd QD and LK, but LK didn't seem to take well and I released her after a day. She developed what looks like maybe a mag def. So on the last feeding I gave just water w/ a lil bit of epsom. Hopefully she'll look better tonight when the lights kick back on. :) I'll post photos later and you guys can tell me what's up maybe? Not sure if there was a correlation or not, but I thought it'd be better to have her stress a lil' less if she needs to get some healing on. My buddy supposed to come get his gift tonight, so I may put 'em into flower as soon as LK get's better. I'm jonesing a bit for some nug and 3+ weeks of veg should be good for my first run I think. :)

QD first time under HPS!

IMG_24509.jpg

IMG_24554.JPG

IMG_24568.JPG

LK Under too!!

IMG_245110.jpg

temp and humidity first day (I've got it better dialed in a bit now)

IMG_24524.jpg

Some views of the works. :)

IMG_24533.JPG

IMG_24637.JPG

IMG_24657.jpg

And my first whoopsie! :)

IMG_24725.jpg

All looks fab Korloin, the ladies are looking really great. Be interesting to see what kind of yield and result you get from 3 weeks of veg.

Love it :)

What happened with the whoopsie? Glad to know its not just me.

All looks fab Korloin, the ladies are looking really great. Be interesting to see what kind of yield and result you get from 3 weeks of veg.

Love it :)

What happened with the whoopsie? Glad to know its not just me.

Thanks Fluffy!

I was adjusting the angle on the hps, as the bracket was not tightened enough and it was slipping. Ironically, I was trying to keep it from melting the plexiglass and wound up melting the refectix I had above it as a "reflector". :) I now have some flashing sitting above the bulb on the ceiling in order to protect the ceiling from burning and have raised the front half of the ceiling @ 2", so there is more space between the bulb and the top (also more places for the heat to escape. :) )

I'm pretty sure LK is rootbound, or at the very least, not taking to the new soil after the transplant. It seems like lockout and not, not enough of this or that. The roots were looking a bit too beige for my liking. I'm hoping the same isn't happening w/QD. I did a foliar spray with some colloidal minerals before bed last night and LK looked a little bit perked up this morning.

After work I'm gonna run to the hydro store and see if they have any A.O.G HELP in stock and grab some FFOC and re-transplant everyone. Probably veg a while longer so everyone recovers nicely before I put them to fower. LK has shrunk a bit and I'm worried she might go the same route as Squiggy. Which I'm convinced now is a result of the soil they've been in. No more cutting corners on soil! :)

. I also snapped a mid fan leaf off of the Kush I was going to give my buddy! :/ He could grab it yesterday, which might be a good thing as I want it to be nice and healthy for him when he gets it.

Back
Top Bottom