Thoughts on these lights?

UltraNewb

I'm setting up a grow room from scratch and was online looking at lighting.. Ran across these:

600 Watt and these 400 Watt ones..

The price is great... but then, I am a firm believer in the old saying "you buy cheap you get cheap" so wanted your thoughts before I buy..

Joe

I ran a 400w mh/ and a hps from veg til flower. 5 ft vert grow 8 1/2 oz nice tops.

I was thinking of getting one of each.. Going to use my spare bathroom which has an AC vent and an exhaust vent.. The shower stall is 31" x 31" x 8 ft. and the main area of the bathroom (sink and toilet) is about 4.5 ft square and 8ft high ceiling. Thought maybe one plant in the shower stall (400watt) and two in the main area (600watt).. But then, I was looking at the AgroMax tent 98"x54"x78" from HTG and put it in a spare bedroom which has an AC vent I can use. Plan on doing all organic for my first grow..

I live in a house but the basement isn't big enough to use for growing.

Seeds I bought:

6x Reserva Privada Skywalker OG
12x BC Bud Depot Seeds Jack Herer

Freebies (1 each):
World of Seeds Landraces Afghan Kush
Dinafem Seeds Critical +
G13 Labs Super Skunk
Dinafem Seeds Blue Hash
G13 Labs Purple Haze

Uktra

mine are in a stall also. was great for hempy. Nice and neat, but a bit tight. We had 400 in there and it was good, but the 600 really turns out some nice buds. Heat is an issue though. Especially with the hot weather we have been having.

Check my journals and you will see the stall and the hood I made for the 600 to suck out some heat.

You will love the Critical+. I got it as a freebie also. It won plant of the month last month.

Thanks.. I had already checked out your grow journals and seen you were using your bathroom as well.. AWESOME! Just hope my first does half as good as yours.. :)

I may go with 2 600 watt lights now that you mention the plants like'em better. :)

I decided to go with a grow tent, bought the AgroMax XL from HTG this afternoon.. After investigating using my spare bathroom and its shape, it would have cost me about the same to outfit the room.. The tent will be much more convenient and I can move it around the house if needed. I went with two 600w air cooled lights as well

Once it arrived and the lights, I'll start a journal thread so you can see my setup and progress.. Will be a couple weeks though.. I expect the seeds to arrive this week sometime and will start germination.. Since I ordered that tent, was thinking 3 plants equally spaced? This is for head use only (would prefer to do one grow a year).. From reading the threads, you get as much yield from a few plants as you would when cramming them in there?

I bought my fan and can at the local indoor garden supply.. They sold me a 4" setup (which I may take back and exchange for 6").. He said its best to connect the fan and just run it standalone in the corner of the tent, any truth to this?

the hood I made is definitely taking out more heat than when i was just sucking air out of the room.

that way it takes out the high temp air before it mixes with the rooms ambient temp.

ours is a little cramped being in a small space. gonna prune and bend a bit this week to try to reach a more even bud distribution getting light.

Back
Top Bottom