Three Strains, First Grow: Maui Wowie, LA Confidential & NYC Diesel

hey @KrunckleSam
You deffinitly saved them from that clay into a good potting mix. However, your not watering them correctly and your soil is to wet. you don't need to make the entire potting mix wet at this stage or any stage of the plants life. take one tea cup and fill it with tap water. now devide that cup of water to three plants making sure each plant gets waterd twice from the same cup within 1 hour.

so little bit of water to each plant then wait an hour and then give it some more. Also, when you are watering dnt just dump it on them. :rofl: have a bottle with a nozel and water around the plant in a circuler shap.
To get a better idea read how to water a potted plant in my sig
That’s good info and may be a lead into my post to another member.

I’m actually having issues keeping moisture in the soil now. I use a garden sprayer for watering, and I try to water around the plants so they reach.

I may just be worrying because I’m not seeing the spurt I imagined after transplanting. My best plant, “squirt” is now the worst. My stable plant (ie. “first-time”) is doing the same as always. And my problem child, “mopey” loves it. Wtf

you are just worrying and looking to deep into those stats. dnt worry about the soil moister. just keep your temps between 75-80f and RH around 60%. Water them properly and make sure your light is at the proper hight. Not sure of your light but follow the manifacture recomendation. also, make sure you have proper air circulation.

What kind of potting mix are you using?

First of all, common soil and dirt scares the hell out of me and I still haven't yet tried coco choir. I'm a Pisces so I suppose it's just natural for me to choose water as my grow medium.

The only way to demonstrate my growroom is in a well edited video.

Still photos are a poor way to provide the step by step tutorial needed. Too many little things involved just confusing me and my telephone photo gallery.

Yes I changed the soil (based on other grower’s recommendations, on this site.) I switched to a full organic soil, the soil is good it allows the roots to reach, breath, and it doesn’t stay saturated nearly as long. But now I’m having issues keeping more than 30% moisture content in the soil. However, I am able to keep the nutrient values more stable now.
Can we see another pic of the plants in their new soil, please. With my limited experience the soil in the recent pics still looks heavy and has a lot of debris on the surface.

This is why I am asking, mine did not grow because the roots were saturated.

20200624_084839.jpg

Tried to attach this to last post, whoops

Here’s some pics, I wanted to let them settle in. They were pruned on Sunday.

I’ll see what the soil I used is, they’re doing really good though. I moved the lights down Sunday, and added some more nutrients today.

Attachments

• 5C2ED6B5-23D2-4436-BEF0-54E5049D57CF.jpeg
    5C2ED6B5-23D2-4436-BEF0-54E5049D57CF.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 37
  • 30CC1848-24B5-4577-93B0-308B32CB58F4.jpeg
    30CC1848-24B5-4577-93B0-308B32CB58F4.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 41
  • EF7D39A6-D07D-4F78-A706-7BABF396989F.jpeg
    EF7D39A6-D07D-4F78-A706-7BABF396989F.jpeg
    735.8 KB · Views: 39
  • 52329F9F-1491-4BA1-AC09-BDC3F87938A6.jpeg
    52329F9F-1491-4BA1-AC09-BDC3F87938A6.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 47
I'm in for the ride. They are looking a little better. Only thing I'd add is next time try small containers to start the seed and transplant to a larger container after the root system develops. Transplanting even a auto is low stress if it has a good root. 16oz cup should be the largest container to start. That's my two cents.

Here’s some pics, I wanted to let them settle in. They were pruned on Sunday.

I’ll see what the soil I used is, they’re doing really good though. I moved the lights down Sunday, and added some more nutrients today.
try to be in the 80f and increase the RH by 20%. if you don't have a humidifyer then a wet towel would do the job. Make it super wet. What type of nutrients are you using?

My philosophy is "until early/mid veg, the less you handle them, the better!"

I am harvesting my 3 autoflowering and I made it a point this grow to let them grow wild and free (in my closet) to almost 5ft tall. They grew tall and couldn't even hold up the weight of their own buds. My Gelato auto today came out to 222 grams. My blue Tease came out to 200 grams wet (2 oz after the curing). The gorilla glue auto might get pulled down in another week or two.

This gorilla glue looks identical to the other two i recently took down. Big heavy buds.
IMG_20200813_190606.jpg

These are a fresh picked buds. Gelato grown for 12 weeks
2020-8-13 18-10-5.jpg

try to be in the 80f and increase the RH by 20%. if you don't have a humidifyer then a wet towel would do the job. Make it super wet. What type of nutrients are you using?
I’m holding at a daily avg of “releative humidity” (so rh doesn’t need to be googled. Lol) 49% this week. And avg temp 79 deg. It’s up by 3 deg avg. since I lowered the lights. I assume 84 deg. as max and I’m having trouble getting right temp during the day (I never see more than a 10 deg. swing daily, and they’re doing good.) but I’d like to see them a few deg. lower in temperature.

Every Sunday I’m going to cut something, somewhere... I’ll try to see which (cut) does better, and adjust.

Nothing crazy, just trying some things out. If I stress one too much I’ll stop.
All this is an experiment to me... something will flower and it will all be a learning experience. (One not available at University.)

My philosophy is "until early/mid veg, the less you handle them, the better!"

I am harvesting my 3 autoflowering and I made it a point this grow to let them grow wild and free (in my closet) to almost 5ft tall. They grew tall and couldn't even hold up the weight of their own buds. My Gelato auto today came out to 222 grams. My blue Tease came out to 200 grams wet (2 oz after the curing). The gorilla glue auto might get pulled down in another week or two.

This gorilla glue looks identical to the other two i recently took down. Big heavy buds.
IMG_20200813_190606.jpg

These are a fresh picked buds. Gelato grown for 12 weeks
2020-8-13 18-10-5.jpg
What light did you use? And what soil/nutrients?

I know you were in there playing with them... Ware?! You messed with them, we all know you did.. They didn’t do all that alone for 3 months.

I know you had a watering schedule... and did you? or did you not ever touch that one plant (while in office?) I mean they didn’t just do all that horticulture shit alone.

share your secrets, we’re all friends right, holic?

I swear I’m laughing at my own comment right now!

@KrunckleSam its a good practice to stay with in range. leave your tent door open, more air flow would bring those temps down.

Hi krunkle.

I don't if you've ever studied up on "Bubbleponic Deep Water Culture". 6 inch netpot, Rockwool for starting and rooting and General Hydroponics liquid nutrient system.

Growing in water is my personal favorite because I have full view of the entire root system and fewer problems.

When harvest time arrives, I simply cut off one branch at a time, snipping off all the buds and give them a 10 to 14 days (or longer) burping, venting, drying and curing in a box. There's plenty of YouTube video about curing.

IMG_20200805_194331.jpg

Actually that bud was photographed at the time of harvest. It still needs about 2 or 3 weeks in curing boxes. That plant weighed 222 grams at harvest and will hopefully end up with about 2+ ounces dried... this is a one gallon curing box.
IMG_20200814_184400.jpg

Looking better Krunle. Your tent is 3x3 and after the girls get a good start, you might find it'll get pretty crowded in there. Look into how to "train the plants" in order to get the most of your available space...

You remind me about myself when I first started growing almost 2 years now. I have been following the advice of pennywise and he has been a wealth of good advice.

My room is a 4x2 closet and my 3 autoflower plants barely had space to grow 3 (side by side) plants and I had a real hard time once they got up to about 4 ft tall.

*note to self* autoflowering plants DOES NOT MEAN SMALL PLANTS! It just means FAST GROWING....

Next time I will just grow 2 plants (1 Maui Woui and 1 Chem4). Im following your post so I can see how your Hawaiian gets going...

I am considering a second grow tent in my spare bedroom for maybe a third or maybe even a fourth.

Screenshot_20200819-122610.jpg

Who said, “growing good weed isn’t easy?”

Everyone. Pretty sure, every single person said that. And I made a mistake right out of the gate!

My setup- (I’ll try to price this out if your thinking of starting out.)

I started with a 4’x4’x7’ indoor grow tent. $80

The Patriot Mix Pack (420)
Maui Wowie, LA Con., and NYC Diesel.
15x seeds $130

i have a 1000w LED multifunction light, on a Bluetooth Smart Timer. $75

Air purifier, dehumidifier, variable in-line exhaust Fan (18” carbon filter.) 2 small clip fans. $250 (I had everything but the in-line.) in-line w/filter and controller. $120

I have 2 thermometers and hygrometers in and outside the tent. These are accessible with my phone. $30

I have 3- 3.5 gallon pots (start to finish.)
I have a Bluetooth soil monitor which gives me the soil temp, nutrient reading, moisture content, and light intensity sensor.

My first mistake, is where this journal starts up.

Growing medium. DAMNIT! To have a good grow I only got 4 jobs- Light, water, air, and growing medium.

My medium is just topsoil. And it’s not even good topsoil, it’s got way to much clay and at 5 weeks, I’m growing little miniature mmj plants.

My next update will come when I put the plants in something the roots can stretch out and breath in.

Added some pics for reference. Also, the seed mix pack is pictured, along with my phone apps.
I screwed up. The tent is actually 4’x4’x7’ I’ve changed it in original description.

Back
Top Bottom