Tight buds and weight

Genetics - if its not in there to begin with you cant make a miracle happen.

There's nothing wrong with buds that arent tight nuggets. Some of the best weed I've grown was lighter. Chemdawg isn't nugs neither are any of the Sativa I've grown.

If you want to get nugs look to Cookies and her variants - they are all nugs.

Genetics with say 50/50 Sativa/Indica usually are not nugs. So all your hazes, chems, Diesels for the most part are not nugs. Cookies are nugs.

Also at the dispensary they use a machine to trim the flowers and that tends to make them LOOK like nugs while someone is making dabs in the back room from the trim.

the white widow i did had super tight hard buds. they didn't lose any size at all in the dry and cure. and they ended up weighing a lot more than it looked like. one medium size cola was easily 7 grams.

Were can I get good genetics in Canada
True north for sure. if you want a better deal try @DrSeeds . i have orders coming from both places right now. true north tells you who bred the seeds. where as Dr seeds looks like maybe it's a smaller company and no idea if the seeds are bred by Dr. seeds or by top breeders.

One thing to consider with hard dense nugs is comes bud rot, I run a 600w light close to my canopy as I can and the buds I produce are really dense, but the more dense the bud the more chances of bud rot you have chances of developing unless your intake and extraction is great.

I have noticed now that every time the lights go off in any of the 3 tents I have even with good airflow, the humidity will peak to 80% the first half hour after the lights turned off.

I have only ever grown tight nugs just for space, not only space when growing but for storage too because an oz of semi tight buds isn't the same area size as a really right bud, in layman's terms in what I mean is I can get 2oz of right buds in my jars rather than just one semi tight oz.

Northern Lights From Royal Queen Seeds - Very Dense
OG Kush From Royal Queen Seeds - Dense
Critical From Royal Queen Seeds - Very Dense
Skunk XL From Royal Queen Seeds - Dense
Pink Kush From Barneys Farm - Dense
Cheese From Seedsman (currently growing) This grow is in my coco journal and my plan is to yield 25oz from a 2*4.
Big Bud From Seedsman - Dense
Northern Lights x Big Bud From World Of Seeds (currently growing) They look pretty dense and compact, if you'd like to follow its in my Hydro journal.

I got the best results in coco, for yield as well as quality, tried soil 3 separate grows now and the results were appalling but the quality was still there just not really big buds.

I had best results in coco but always concentrate on the roots system, I never bother looking above the soil for the first 6 weeks, I found if you concentrated on them then when you eventually flip to flower your plant is matured better and the bud sites (hairs) produce a lot quicker.

I hope this may help you, I'm a lover of landrace or just the basic strains, tried a fair amount of these new designer strains and found they have too many phenos for my liking so the golden oldie strains are my fave.

The seed banks I recommend are, Royal Queen Seeds, @SeedsMan, World Of Seeds & @Barney's Farm.

If you want nugs you can toss up and whack 50' with a baseball bat, grow indicas. If, on the other hand, you want good dope, lol, quit worrying about such silliness and grow a top shelf sativa.

I am wondering how people are getting extremely tight buds that have good weight ? I am using flood and drain tables 600 hps light
These were my tightest/biggest this round.
Afghans tend to have massive buds from what I’ve seen.
EAFD1884-13B0-44AE-AD4E-AD7A960DC4AE.jpeg
E36EB773-A9EF-4D12-9B8B-D2AE343E8B13.jpeg

Jack Herer strain is dense as hell too.
CF1FA821-6A28-4A6B-82A9-F2849CC14201.jpeg
7D52AD5A-7EF8-499A-8B7C-30F119EC6258.jpeg

i have grown in organic soils and all sorts of potting mixes +20yrs, yet after growing the last 4yrs in coco im seeing something i would not have believed if i had not seen it, im finding an approx 30% weight increase after growing in coco compared to growing in soil, the buds from properly grown plants in coco from the same strain are more denser & heavier than when grown in soil, im not saying a plant grown in soil will yield less than coco, i mean per bud size from the same strain the coco bud will be near/more 30% heavier, making sure the drying & curing are all done equally...anyone else noticing this phenomenon?
*all outdoors grows

i have grown in organic soils and all sorts of potting mixes +20yrs, yet after growing the last 4yrs in coco im seeing something i would not have believed if i had not seen it, im finding an approx 30% weight increase after growing in coco compared to growing in soil, the buds from properly grown plants in coco from the same strain are more denser & heavier than when grown in soil, im not saying a plant grown in soil will yield less than coco, i mean per bud size from the same strain the coco bud will be near/more 30% heavier, making sure the drying & curing are all done equally...anyone else noticing this phenomenon?
*all outdoors grows
I was thinking about changing it up to coco or dwc for my next one, but I already have a ton of soil mixed. Mine is a Frankensoil as Emilya would call it. I got the original recipe “amounts” from Cali Green, but changed up the brands some. It has some coco and peat in it too.
1BBBFD04-6B13-477D-A2E6-0DD0571A10B1.jpeg
BC8C0EB7-24A8-4FAC-9B65-E25314E79CE6.jpeg

I haven’t gotten a total weight but I got 1.5-2 gallons worth per plant on the last run with this soil.
5479EEEA-2F7A-4D24-8B9E-3B64A2706EB8.jpeg
036952E7-5E95-4A82-BC40-BB99EEB399B9.jpeg

I used URB primarily with this last grow, and now I have a couple of clones from the original plants going, but this time I not using it. They claim it makes the buds sweeter, so I want to find out.That stuffs too expensive to buy and it be BS.

she's mine too. The Green Crack x Amnesia comes in a close second.
IMG_20191119_055153.jpg
Beauties. I ordered a bunch of seeds from new420guy, so I should have a few new strains going soon.
7E4A18A7-99B9-4B4C-AE62-169E160D1894.jpeg

yea that's where I got the seeds in my current grow. their only about a week old. I grabbed Durban Poison, early skunk f4, Girl scout cookies blue dream
I can do 7 more ladies since I only have 5 mature at the moment. They’re week 3ish in flower. I’m not sure how these will turn out, I really didn’t pay a whole lot of attention to them until recently. No topping or anything. Just big ass trees. Lol!
FD00AAD9-0F16-4007-B115-35474A85439C.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom