Time to harvest?

dooxy

I will give you a story or you can skip down and just read the cliff-note.

So this is my first grow it is an Northern light auto flower. I grow in DWC 5 gallon buckets, one out of two plants have died, lets just say my plants have gotten a lot of punish true noobie mistakes, I flower during a 18/6 light cycle on my surviving auto. As per today i enter week 9. I have experienced everything from light burns to PH issue, and high water temp. This poor plant is flowering in 25% air humidity. Let's just say i learned the hard way, what i need to get better at.... :laughtwo:

As you can see my buds are not the fattest buds you have seen, The white hears are abut 40% brown even on the popcorn buds in the bottoms. I am think about giving my plant another 1 week of nuts, and the start flushing, Or am thinking of using ghe ripen to speed up the end process, i want to start growing correctly now when i have learn from my mistake, am also upgrading my setup to a RDW with a water cooler, air humidityfier, and new buckets a res and scrog net. for future improvements.

Cliff hanger.
- OP wants to harvest and only give the plant max 2 more weeks. plant is now in week 9 as an Northern light auto.
- OP have done many mistakes like PH, over-nuting, and light burn, OP knows better now.

Yeah thats about it hope you read true it all! :thanks: :Namaste:

DSC_085119.JPG
DSC_085015.JPG
DSC_084915.JPG

Hi dooxy, pics look great! I'd scope the trichomes to see what they are saying.

Plenty of sample pics on the forums. But grats on your first grow!

> This poor plant is flowering in 25% air humidity.
That is really low, but at least you can be pretty sure you won't get any mold! Have you tried setting out a baking dish full of water with your fan blowing on it? That can help.

> Let's just say i learned the hard way
Like anything, there's theory and there's practice. We all seem to have to go through the standard goofs of dropping lights on plants, etc, as part of the practical experience. I think you learn about 75% of the practical lessons in the first grow...

> my buds are not the fattest buds you have seen
More light next time would probably help with that.

Get a jeweler's loupe magnifier so you can see the trichomes on the leaves at high magnification to see when to harvest. Standard advice is to harvest when all the trichs switch from clear to cloudy. Failing that, harvest when all the pistils turn brown.

Have you read up on how to cure your buds yet? That's a real art and an important skill to master.

> This poor plant is flowering in 25% air humidity.
That is really low, but at least you can be pretty sure you won't get any mold! Have you tried setting out a baking dish full of water with your fan blowing on it? That can help.

> Let's just say i learned the hard way
Like anything, there's theory and there's practice. We all seem to have to go through the standard goofs of dropping lights on plants, etc, as part of the practical experience. I think you learn about 75% of the practical lessons in the first grow...

> my buds are not the fattest buds you have seen
More light next time would probably help with that.

Get a jeweler's loupe magnifier so you can see the trichomes on the leaves at high magnification to see when to harvest. Standard advice is to harvest when all the trichs switch from clear to cloudy. Failing that, harvest when all the pistils turn brown.

Have you read up on how to cure your buds yet? That's a real art and an important skill to master.

>I have winter where a at now and its always dry cold, i have a bucket with a towel dipping in to water, with a fan blowing at it, this makes to the humanity is around 25-30%. So am going to buy a humidifier regardless.

> that is true i found a lot of great info here and on youtube and just true trail and error. Kind of hardcore skipping earth and going right for hydro. but its really fun. :)

> i have a 450 LED mars hydro in a 2x4 i think the light is not the issue. I think i had issue from day one first weak of flower i leaves started showing singes of nutrient burns/ light burns, I use GHE recommendation for nutes, I have now swapped to a custom one i found online what seem to work alot better my PH is not even fluctuating any longer.

> yeah i have not gotten a jeweler scope yet, i will on Friday when i get some cash. Yes i have read on it a bit but i will dive more in to it,
am going wet-trim my plant, let it dry hanging in the tent, and then put it in mason jars with humidity packs design for cannabis. and give it like 4 weeks to cure. that is my plan atm but i will ofc detail manage more.

> Kind of hardcore skipping earth and going right for hydro. but its really fun. :)
Kudos to you for jumping in with hydroponics, which has a steep learning curve but gives great results once you get the hang of it.

> i have a 450 LED mars hydro in a 2x4 i think the light is not the issue.
Hmmm, that's about 200 actual watts spread out over 8 square feet, which ain't much. You could easily put two of those lights or even more in that tent. More lights isn't just more lux, it's also more even coverage.

There is a huge difference between enough light to grow a plant and enough light to make big, sticky buds.

> i have a 450 LED mars hydro in a 2x4 i think the light is not the issue.
Hmmm, that's about 200 actual watts spread out over 8 square feet, which ain't much. You could easily put two of those lights or even more in that tent. More lights isn't just more lux, it's also more even coverage.

There is a huge difference between enough light to grow a plant and enough light to make big, sticky buds.

I just followed some guides that i found online that said that a Mars Pro II Epistar 160 LED grow light work for a 2x4, they recommend 2x3 on there homepage. So what you want to get close to 1000w for a small tent like that?

Sweet Sue has a grow going right now in a 2x2 tent with grow light that's 85 watts from the wall, and it looks like it's going well, so a small light can do a good job, but when in doubt, more is better.

As I said, beyond just the number of lux (or the PAR values, to be fussy), there is light distribution. Look at the light distribution footprints for LED grow lights. With the lens-focused light output, there is a hot spot in the center and then the intensity falls away quickly. With a 2x4 tent, you have a long rectangle to illuminate, and that would argue for more lights to give more even coverage.

Again, there is a big difference between enough light to grow a plant and enough to make big sticky buds.

Again, there is a big difference between enough light to grow a plant and enough to make big sticky buds.

thanks for the feed back! fuck why did i not just buy a 1000w LED when i had the cash to fork out for it.. i assume i could just buy another one or a cheaper brand to stand next to it if i would want to scrog for my next grow? To get both coverage and more light?

kind ot here but since i have you in the post i might as well ask. :)

> i assume i could just buy another one or a cheaper brand to stand next to it if i would want to scrog for my next grow?
Yup. More light, more even coverage. Win win. Just add money! ;)

> kind ot here but since i have you in the post i might as well ask.
Hey, it's your thread, you can run it right into the weeds if you want. (Though saying that, running a thread in the weeds is kind of what it's all about here, right? ;))

Yup. More light, more even coverage. Win win. Just add money! ;)

Hey, it's your thread, you can run it right into the weeds if you want. (Though saying that, running a thread in the weeds is kind of what it's all about here, right? ;))

Yeah more light more electric bill and mr, blue sniffing around.. sadly but could always live without hot water haha!

I hear you, I hear you! I better start looking for a second lamp or a generic brand that can be added. kind of don't want to purchase another lamp for 300+ usd... but i also want result since my space is limited to 2x4x6. I have really small apartment.

Yeah more light more electric bill and mr, blue sniffing around.. sadly but could always live without hot water haha!

I hear you, I hear you! I better start looking for a second lamp or a generic brand that can be added. kind of don't want to purchase another lamp for 300+ usd... but i also want result since my space is limited to 2x4x6. I have really small apartment.

The higher electric bill is real but will definitely pay off in more and better product.

As for Mr. Blue, I very much doubt 400 or 500 watts is going to set off any flags at the utility (though I guess that load switching on and off every 12 hours would be something you could program to search for, or better yet, 18/6 followed by 12/12...) ;)

The higher electric bill is real but will definitely pay off in more and better product.

As for Mr. Blue, I very much doubt 400 or 500 watts is going to set off any flags at the utility (though I guess that load switching on and off every 12 hours would be something you could program to search for, or better yet, 18/6 followed by 12/12...) ;)

I pull 410w from the wall now with all the pumps, lights, ventilation. so another 200+ i think is not that big of a deal. :p

I would say yu have atleast anothe 4 weeks buddy, iv grew this strain quite alot, keep them going untill they swell out untill there are no hairs left, they pack loads of weight!

My NLA took 15 weeks start to finish and i pulled quite the harvest, seen a fair few others on forums saying they take the same amount of time.

I would say yu have atleast anothe 4 weeks buddy, iv grew this strain quite alot, keep them going untill they swell out untill there are no hairs left, they pack loads of weight!

My NLA took 15 weeks start to finish and i pulled quite the harvest, seen a fair few others on forums saying they take the same amount of time.

15 weeks that more then the strain guide is advertising, But i assume the just want to sell and say "fast-buds-bro". So 4 weak included flushing? or just 4 weeks repeating what ever am doing now?

They give you them timescales but many go a week or 2 over the stated time.

I would give her 2 weeks nutes then if your looking good give plain water for the 2 remaining weeks.

I think those seed merchant flowering timescales are useful only for comparing plants grown under identical circumstances, if at all. There are just too many variables for them to be reliable. You raise them carefully, giving everything they need and then let them tell you when they're ready.

They give you them timescales but many go a week or 2 over the stated time.

I would give her 2 weeks nutes then if your looking good give plain water for the 2 remaining weeks.

Ill give that a try, but first i need to buy a jewelers scope.

I think those seed merchant flowering timescales are useful only for comparing plants grown under identical circumstances, if at all. There are just too many variables for them to be reliable. You raise them carefully, giving everything they need and then let them tell you when they're ready.

Safe to say since my baby got a ruff grow up, she might need a bit more love. :circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom