Timhomegrow Godfather OG & Girl Scout Cookie In Soil

DAY 8 FLOWER

not much new to report, the girls are starting to really shoot out pistils. Hopefully in another few days I'll see how well the new buds are stacking.

I'm going to feed every 12 days instead of every 14 days as the two big plants seem to be eating alot! I may add some @GeoFlora Nutrients VEG to the one in the front left as I noticed one lower fan leaf turning yellow already. Hopefully some more N will correct, she's been a little off since mid Veg, most likely do to my fungus gnat infestation. Thankfully that's under control, but she got hit hard

20220531_095726.jpg

Really nice looking canopy, beautiful plants. :welldone:

Really nice looking canopy, beautiful plants. :welldone:
Thanks! I think I'm going to have to do a week 3 flower defoliation. I may try going pretty severe on one to try it, but still undecided. It seems most here don't do what I see on YouTube with stripping alot of leaves to expose more bud sites

I've seen some pretty stripped down plants on fb (shwazzed?). I think it all depends on what you're going for. If you want really big tops, then clean up the underneath and any lower buds that won't reach the top of the canopy. If you are making butter/edibles, than you may be better off leaving it all. I do the former because I would rather clean it up early and get bugger top buds than leave it and have to trim all of that larfy bud.
As for the extreme clean-ups, I'd have to think that taking off all of those top canopy leaves will give less energy to the plant and cause the plant to grow more leaves to replace them. It just doesn't seem to make sense:confused: If course, I've never tried it either...

What a beautiful canopy! Making my heart flutter.

Thanks! I think I'm going to have to do a week 3 flower defoliation. I may try going pretty severe on one to try it, but still undecided. It seems most here don't do what I see on YouTube with stripping alot of leaves to expose more bud sites
Do it! The bud sites are not creating net energy. The fan leaves are producing more energy than the bud sites. I still try to tuck bigger leaves that don't need to be trimmed off. I'll often clear out older fan leaves throughout the grow to give the younger more vigorous leaves a chance to work.
As for the extreme clean-ups, I'd have to think that taking off all of those top canopy leaves will give less energy to the plant and cause the plant to grow more leaves to replace them. It just doesn't seem to make sense:confused: If course, I've never tried it either...
All of this! Clear out the bottoms and thin out the interior leaves. Leave plenty of the main solar panels all the way around to build those trichs!

I'm like LKA in that I would rather see some dense tops instead of larfy growth. Learned my lesson last year with how I did not prune enough and ended up trimming much more than I wanted to. This year, cleared out the lowers and my top colas look so much nicer. And as beautiful as your tent is, it's going to look spectacular with all those uniform colas.

What a beautiful canopy! Making my heart flutter.

Do it! The bud sites are not creating net energy. The fan leaves are producing more energy than the bud sites. I still try to tuck bigger leaves that don't need to be trimmed off. I'll often clear out older fan leaves throughout the grow to give the younger more vigorous leaves a chance to work.

All of this! Clear out the bottoms and thin out the interior leaves. Leave plenty of the main solar panels all the way around to build those trichs!

I'm like LKA in that I would rather see some dense tops instead of larfy growth. Learned my lesson last year with how I did not prune enough and ended up trimming much more than I wanted to. This year, cleared out the lowers and my top colas look so much nicer. And as beautiful as your tent is, it's going to look spectacular with all those uniform colas.
Thanks! I did an pre-flip trim and even cleared out all the starting shoots below the third from the top. It worked well last grow to minimize the larf below. I was just thinking of maybe trying a more severe defoliation, like swazzing. I love seeing nothing but a big cola :)

Last grow a did a light trim 3rd week, just the obvious leaves blocking bud sites that I couldn't tuck. That seems to be the more common consensus here. I may stick tonight haha

I was just thinking of maybe trying a more severe defoliation, like swazzing. I love seeing nothing but a big cola :)
Yeah! I've seen that swazzing technique and the folks over at threealight practice the same thing. Their goal is 3lbs per light! :oops::oops::oops:

I may give it a try in my next run. So some side by side. I personally like trying things even though it may go against the norm. Just to get my own experience and opinions. I also mess up a lot along the way. :laugh:

DAY 9 FLOWER

today is Day 12 since the last feeding of @GeoFlora Nutrients BLOOM. I went a little early with this feeding to coincide with the next watering. I figure better early than late :)

Godfather OG (front left) and GSC (back righy) got 2/3 cups of BLOOM, 10ml massive and terp, and 1/4 cup VEG. These two are big and hungry and I was a bit early switching from VEG to Bloom, hence the little bit of VEG.

GSC (front right) and Godfather back left, got straight water with their BLOOM.
20220531_095726.jpg

I did take three out of the tent for ease, and to rotate.

Outside the tent portrait. GSC on left and Godfather on right
20220601_073807.jpg

GSC from above
20220601_073753.jpg

Godfather OG from above
20220601_073758.jpg

I hate taking them out of the tent, never seem to fit back perfectly ha. But I'll have to take them out in about 12 days for another defoliation.

This was my favorite of all the grows (not many ha), a free Girl Scout Cookie auto. She wasn't very leafy, and I did some light trimming early flower to open her up more. Would stripping one of my current plants down to this be a bad idea?
5646.jpeg

It seems photos are much more leafy then the autos I grew. If an auto can thrive like this surely a photo can?

This plant was the best bud I've grown, was dense, had the aroma and flavor and of course potency :)

Oh to the one that got away haha....trimmed up before her death
5624.jpeg

My first harvest is two years old and just smoked some last night. Didn't seem as good as when it was a year to 18 months old. To me, it all seemed best 6-12 months from cure. But I'll keep testing it all haha
I love infusing oil. You can keep it for years in the fridge and not lose any THC. I infuse MCT oil and love taking it at night for sleep. I add bubble hash and kief to buds I'm infusing for some oil that will knock you out and on your ass. I decarb and infuse using an instant pot. It comes out perfect every time.

I love infusing oil. You can keep it for years in the fridge and not lose any THC. I infuse MCT oil and love taking it at night for sleep. I add bubble hash and kief to buds I'm infusing for some oil that will knock you out and on your ass. I decarb and infuse using an instant pot. It comes out perfect every time.
I made a bunch of infused olive oil with my magic butter. Did you use olive oil? I didn't refrigerate mine....maybe I should ha

Hey Tim great journal so far I'm caught up.... And didn't destroy your inbox ;). Your plants look fantastic, beautiful work.

But you asked about stripping your plants down..... So I usually start stripping leaves about two weeks out from presumed harvest... The leaves are the solar panels that feed the plants so until I know she's in full bulk and not growing I won't touch a thing....just tuck out the way if you can...and a light defoil to allow more light penetration would help if you have any lower bud points.

I made a bunch of infused olive oil with my magic butter. Did you use olive oil? I didn't refrigerate mine....maybe I should ha
I have videos of how I do it on Growdaddytv my youtube channel. MCT oil I buy at Costco and it is the best. No flavor and I use it by the teaspoon orally. It actually tastes great. Easy to dose that way. Magic butter machine will work. Instant pot is a flawless way to do both decarbox and infuse. I almost bought one of those expensive Levo machines and looked at Magic butter machines and found the best reviews with a hundred dollar instant pots. I killed two birds with one stone.. I have replaced my crockpot and rice cooker with it too.

I have videos of how I do it on Growdaddytv my youtube channel. MCT oil I buy at Costco and it is the best. No flavor and I use it by the teaspoon orally. It actually tastes great. Easy to dose that way. Magic butter machine will work. Instant pot is a flawless way to do both decarbox and infuse. I almost bought one of those expensive Levo machines and looked at Magic butter machines and found the best reviews with a hundred dollar instant pots. I killed two birds with one stone.. I have replaced my crockpot and rice cooker with it too.
Hey PD, just watched your video on infusion. Nice job! I have a bunch of larf and small buds from my last grow and I like the instapot process. Seems simple and without stinking up the whole house.

Have a question, what is MCT oil?

Back
Top Bottom