To heat shield or not to heat shield, that is the question

Hootenanny

DSC_0480.JPG

I always get a bit of bleeching in the center of the tent, am at day 35 of a 70 day strain, which is under 600w hps air cooled hood about 8" from the glass, meaning its about 11" from the glove.... I've considered fitting a heat shield (light spreader), but it seems counter intuitive as I feel it would block alot of light. anyone got advice? or experiences?

Keep the RH up a bit with good air movement. You can see some taco-ing now. Very nice canopy, though. Frosty already! Keep up the good work you're halfway there!

You could bend a few of the bigger tops if you're into it. Got a pretty full canopy so that may not be easy or possible. Im sure the stretch is over so ride the wave..... take it easy and defoil a little. ;)

So that bending is the bandaid for your issue. Your are blooming that strain too late if you are running into you dangerous heat zone. You want to be careful as that can cause hermi.

And by the way you look to have this well done no criticism here. But...There are many techniques. I prefer SCROG. But in an Indoor grow...one of the most important things is to try and grow horizontally and make it bloom evenly to prevent popcorn and uneven ripening time...And keeping everyone out of the hot zone. If not running a scrog I put last minute clones in the middle to keep em low.

The hot zone under the lamp is dangerous. Back off if you can. Stressing the plant at the top of its reach is not great to do.

And it wont lower quality or nuthin to bend things around and get them out of there. Much better than having them loose all the THC. Heat and light reduce potency.

Hello bud, iv tried them they dont work at all, if you can cool the room down that the tent is in the tent will follow quickly, i went from 29c tent, 25c room, to 22c tent, 20 room, and i was running 3 600w hps lights in a 4x8 at 10" from canopy.

Soon as i did this the bleaching went and plants regained there normal look, i know people will say it doesnt work like that but it worked for me although

Can you not raise the lights up further?

Back
Top Bottom