TommyGunnz Tries Green Crack & Pineapple Express

Cover it with some kind of clear plastic or glass container. I see a lot of people do it with seedlings as it creates a higher humidity which is seemingly helpful. Might keep out or guest!

grab a soda bottle cut the bottom off, pop it over your girl, unscrew lid and you good to go, screw lid on for humidity when needed but I leave it off... the lid I meant

Great idea guys, so simple and easy yet I never thought of it lol.. I have a clear plastic cup there from the first 2 or 3 days that I was using for humidity so i'm going to take your advice and cover her tonight.

I like smeegols idea with the soda bottle though, I think i'll do something like that tomorrow because humidity is perfect already and the lid being open on the bottle wouldn't trap any air but it would still cover the plant from whatever is feeding on it.

For now though i'm just going to place the cup over it, right after I finish rolling up :rollit:

Quick pic with her hat on :)
Just noticed that one of the new leaves coming out, (Closest to the CFLs) is kind of looking like it wants to get away from the light so instead of lowering them today I've raised them up another inch just to be safe, so now there 5'' away from top of the plant.

Day 7.
Temp: 25°C
RH: 61%

Haven't had any more problems in terms of whatever was eating the plant. The bottle is doing great over night, I take it off most of the day because I can keep an eye on it myself. I just like to let her have her bit of fresh air.

Everything is looking great no problems with the lights or wind or anything else, we were lucky to have such a good day here in Ireland today too temps of 26.5°C earlier, so I left her outside for a bit to soak it all up (Why not take advantage right?)

I did make up a neem oil spray 2 days ago (mixed 1ml of horticultural gentle liquid soap with 1L of warm water then mixed in 3ml of neem oil). I sprayed inside the box and just a small spray on the medium itself yesterday and I'm going to spray the outside of the grow box and around it every 2 days for a week, I might spray the medium once more in 3 days time just to be sure that I'm keeping everything out.

She's looking really good and healthy for a week old though, I'm happy with how she's turning out already!

damn mr.T that coco seems to drink more than a bloody camel.....:laugh: wow I only gave both my 2 young uns a 100ml each yesterday and spraying surface area, but through you I shall live learn and be taking plenty of notes....:popcorn:
I've used coco before and it's never took in this amount of water, I don't know how it's drying out so fast but it's definitely not a bad thing lol..

Think it was a good decision to raise the lights, you can see quite a difference between the leaf that was closest to the CFL than the one that was further away when the lights were at 4".
Who knows maybe its just the genetics of the plant or maybe something else happened, it is a bag seed after all.

Leaf on the right was closer to the CFL.

she's looking mighty fine mr.T, and she's looking healthy.... how's she doing water wise, still massively thirsty....
Gave her 500ml on Wednesday with 1/4ml bio-grow, tomorrow will mark 3 days and she's starting to look dry again so it's kind of every 3 days she needs a watering.

She's growing a pale green though and iv'e read it can be from over watering so I think i'm just going to start giving the 250ml again every 2 days to let it dry out longer in between. (See if I can make her a bit more greener looking :))

Never used Coco. It seems to take a lot of water. Is it supposed to drain that quickly? Guess it's good for the plants but water wouldn't want to be scarce!! How's the colour looking?

Never used Coco. It seems to take a lot of water. Is it supposed to drain that quickly? Guess it's good for the plants but water wouldn't want to be scarce!! How's the colour looking?
The colour is looking great i'll get some pictures in natural light tomorrow, if i remember to that is lol..
The thing is with coco is that it doesn't actually drain quickly it just takes a lot more water than soil would (up to 10x its own weight I've read) and because of its ability to retain the water for so long you never have to worry about water been scarce :)

I have to recommend the coco to you if you havnt used it before, once you try it you will fall in love and I bet anyone else who uses it will tell you the same.

Back
Top Bottom