Trala’s Tent

Yes hempy is hydrid dwc grown in perlite, symptoms were damaged leaf edges. I flushed with water and hydrogen peroxide, things were looking up for a few days. Opened the tent yesterday and the blue dream girl had a ton of fresh leaf damage and the beautiful amnesia girl was droopy as a colander full of cooked noodles. The res water smelled like dead fish, ugghhh. Did a bunch of triage, cut out brown roots, an upcan plus more flushing with h202. The Blue chick might pull thru not so sure about Amy she looks toasted.
I had a 24-plant hempy SOG grow for about 3 years and it's pretty rare to see root rot since usually, the res only lasts a couple of days before needing to be re-filled. If it's an ongoing issue, you should take the plants out of their containers, give them a root soak in H202 solution (about 50/50 mix of 3% with water) and sterilize the containers. Re-pack with fresh perlite/vermiculite and re-fill res with 1/4 - 1/2 strength nutes. If the roots aren't too bad, that should get them going again! :goodluck:

BTW, I always recommend against organics in anything hydro, too, since IMHO it only encourages bacteria to grow in the res. I also recommend looking at Dutch Masters Zone product. It's a root zone "optimizer" that uses copper as a fungicide, which means it can be used in conjunction with H202 in the res. Those enzyme-based products typically do not play well with H202 since it kills the enzymes. :Namaste:

Hi TraLa here is a photo of the quadlining process
1588987190639.png

You top at node 4 keep node 3 and remove nodes 1&2 the result is a plants that will have more buds
for watering procedure you should check out Emmies links in the growers lounge area she provides a lot of good info for soil growers I grow in coco coir so not much help for soil but I have been growing for a while and I will answer your questions or point you to someone who can best of luck with your grow
a true hero

Hempy is the half DWC and half I have no idea?

@Trala also prolly yeah to the real life friends bit tho I think we'd end up in jail pretty quickly.
It's all fun and games till you end up in a cell minus your belt and your shoelaces... or so I've heard.

LOLLING

Thanks Mr. Krip, hydro is my Achilles heel. I think my helper might have fouled the soup because I found the yucca bottle in the tent room when it normally stays in the flower room. I didn’t grill her too hard about it but reiterated the concept of sterile for hydro versus most anything goes for the LOS crew. I did some root pruning, sterilized with peroxide and then hit with nutes and enzyme. I didn’t detail that well in my write up but I defo dump the res between nuke and feed.

What tipped me is everything was going cool but when I saw the new leaf damage and the droopy plant then smelled that putrid water I knew crap had hit the fan big time. If the shit the bed then I will start over with clones or new beans

Thanks Mr. Krip, hydro is my Achilles heel. I think my helper might have fouled the soup because I found the yucca bottle in the tent room when it normally stays in the flower room. I didn’t grill her too hard about it but reiterated the concept of sterile for hydro versus most anything goes for the LOS crew. I did some root pruning, sterilized with peroxide and then hit with nutes and enzyme. I didn’t detail that well in my write up but I defo dump the res between nuke and feed.

What tipped me is everything was going cool but when I saw the new leaf damage and the droopy plant then smelled that putrid water I knew crap had hit the fan big time. If the shit the bed then I will start over with clones or new beans
Yeah, when things go wrong in hydro, they go wrong quick! :rolleyes:

Okay Team

Pull up a chair and pack a Billy coz I have what’s become known as my usual disaster when it comes to keeping seedlings safe.

So this morning I had this idea that I would line the perimeter of my grow tray with sticky stuff to stop cootie infiltration. This was quite an ordeal because every time I stuck a corner down with my finger I got stuck to the insect sticky pad, in case you’re wondering, that shit is stickier than a [removed by the moderation team. FFS Tra no wonder your lewdness gets reported].

So I spent a good half hour in various stages of stuck, I thought I will hold the corner down with a twig, twig got stuck, then scissors, they got stuck, so I finally worked out I could use a stone as the unstick leverager and just leave it in the tray. I mentally applauded my awesome brain, mentally singing a hooray song. Put them in the tent coz it’s overcast. So to log my brilliance I took a pic.

7AA7682D-267E-4F82-9274-F22EFA49FD6A.jpeg

So I’m super excited to do an update coz they look so good, and I forget about the sticky. I grab Halle and the insect sticky is stuck to the corner of the pot. In HORROR I look down and my skiskaberry or what ever the fuck it is is stuck to the sticky and she is horizontal and her leaves are glued fast.

I somehow got her unstuck with minimal hair loss. I was so mad I just wanted to kick something. Literally took all my restraint not to kick the fuck outta my washing machine. I kicked the tray instead. Don’t worry, I removed the seedlings and clone first. Felt good too. I fucking launched it.

8F718814-41EC-46FB-AA34-E6EDE1E9D35B.jpeg
0878ECE9-18EE-4462-952B-C32882CD8FC3.jpeg

This is EXACTLY why my mum always said I can’t have nice things.

Fingers crossed she rebounds.

2F36A1DB-E3B3-4414-BF25-B7FDB1B9DDF0.jpeg
207C43D0-35C7-4883-B45C-29AC8E425B11.jpeg

Spoiled rotten, hey I can bark pretty well if that’s how I need to earn my keep. Plus I don’t chew up high heels or furniture legs, don’t have fleas but I’ve been known to carry a few fungus gnats & spider mites tho, I’m housebroken (mostly) and I don’t lick my bb’s....

He’s a cutie for sure... bet he is a mama’s boy - huh? Glad you have that unconditional love working for ya

You're left unsupervised for 5 minutes.
Scissors and twigs, broken plants.
Rocks and sticky fingers :)

Now you got the Trama out the way we can watch them grow up, if Reggie is anything to go by they will do just fine.
:cool:

Holy fuck marry me. You launched that fucker good.

Got me thinking though, how are thrips and mites and all the little assholes getting on plants? Do they jump? If they're not jumpers why not just put the sticky on the outside of the tray where it at least can't easily make contact with the plants?

Reg looks yummy.

A documentary about Breaker Morant came on last night. Thought of you in a non-creepy non-nightstalker sort of way. Like 'Ah...she makes more sense now' sort of way.

Spoiled rotten, hey I can bark pretty well if that’s how I need to earn my keep. Plus I don’t chew up high heels or furniture legs, don’t have fleas but I’ve been known to carry a few fungus gnats & spider mites tho, I’m housebroken (mostly) and I don’t lick my bb’s....

He’s a cutie for sure... bet he is a mama’s boy - huh? Glad you have that unconditional love working for ya
He is a great little friend.

He is usually two steps behind me.

:)

You're left unsupervised for 5 minutes.
Scissors and twigs, broken plants.
Rocks and sticky fingers :)

Now you got the Trama out the way we can watch them grow up, if Reggie is anything to go by they will do just fine.
:cool:
It’s all fun and games until my sticky fingers end up on your rocks babe ;)

She looked good yesterday. A little bit of foliage missing but ok. I have put the sticky to the side for the moment.

Holy fuck marry me. You launched that fucker good.

Got me thinking though, how are thrips and mites and all the little assholes getting on plants? Do they jump? If they're not jumpers why not just put the sticky on the outside of the tray where it at least can't easily make contact with the plants?

Reg looks yummy.

A documentary about Breaker Morant came on last night. Thought of you in a non-creepy non-nightstalker sort of way. Like 'Ah...she makes more sense now' sort of way.
Copper while I appreciate the request, I must decline your offer of marriage. Personally I can think of nothing worse than reciting vows I prolly won’t be able to keep.

I fucking launched it alright. I still feel it in my R) big toe. An achy reminder that I’m a fucking hot tempered douche bag.

I spoke to my local nursery man and he said they can come in on the backs of ants! I don’t think they fly but I’m not sure. I am going to try and make a frame to go on the outside like you suggested and tack the sticky to it. We have plenty of wood here, so I’ll see how I go. I fancy myself as a builder despite having no experience or training and my aim when it comes to making contact with a nail is dicey so there shouldn’t be mishaps ;)

She really does. She is stacking it on.

Harry B aye? OMG almost snap! I was listening to Katy Perry, I kissed a girl and I liked it and I thought of you, but it was defs in a creepy, night stalker sort of way... :laughtwo: :laughtwo: :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom