Trala’s Tent

Oiiii Team, I have 2 questions.

1. what age can you start spraying seedlings to guard them against cooties?
2. I found a bag of blood and bone I’ve never opened. Can I mix that into my soil?

Oiiii Team, I have 2 questions.

1. what age can you start spraying seedlings to guard them against cooties?
2. I found a bag of blood and bone I’ve never opened. Can I mix that into my soil?
1) It depends on what you're spraying them with! ;)

2) Blood Meal adds Nitrogen, Bone Meal adds Phosphorous. They both take some time to be broken down by micro organisms into a format that the plants can up-take. Both are great organic soil amendments, but, like anything else, too much of a good thing usually isn't that good. If you have good soil, you may want to wait until later in the grow and add, for example, a couple/few weeks before flip, to make sure they don't use up all the nutes in the soil by the end of the grow.

You can mix them in but I wouldn’t especially since you have nutes coming. Both are organic but powerful enough to burn or create imbalance.What nutes did you order again was it the Geoflora or MC?

Neem seed meal is a good soil additive that detracts pests but it is a pungent fert in its own right with NPK of like 6-1-2 it helps to slow cook that into soil and use in top layer of soil. Most sulfur dust is micronized, cheap & wettable - it can be dusted on soil or foliar spray but you have to be careful since sulfur & oil can’t be used close together (2 weeks) & foliage should be rinsed well to avoid burn or interaction. Read all your labels closely & mix very small batches

I’m sure to be forgetting some but..... Neem oil is made from pressed Neem seeds, oil dormant spray has a base of mineral oil, spinosad is an isolate from sugar cane production, pyrethrin comes from crushed chrysanthemum flowers. Some are bio friendly pesticides that use botanical oils like rosemary, clove or cinnamon. I’d be curious to hear what chems you have available at your fingertips either from online sources or garden / hydro shops, maybe take note of what they have and we can help more

1) It depends on what you're spraying them with! ;)

2) Blood Meal adds Nitrogen, Bone Meal adds Phosphorous. They both take some time to be broken down by micro organisms into a format that the plants can up-take. Both are great organic soil amendments, but, like anything else, too much of a good thing usually isn't that good. If you have good soil, you may want to wait until later in the grow and add, for example, a couple/few weeks before flip, to make sure they don't use up all the nutes in the soil by the end of the grow.
Well I better not spray them with any of my perfume choices coz I attract nothing but pests ;)

This is my newest spray.
IMG_20210522_162941_edit_122719084524502.jpg

IMG_20210522_162932_edit_122727325629709.jpg

I have long loved Searle products. I always use their cutting/seedling soil mixes.

So I might throw a bit of blood and bone into my next uppot. I will check back for ratio advice when the time comes.

Soooo that's not from the hospital, is it?
That made me lol

It so could have been! Omg my day today! I had the WORST day!

Heaviest sickest patient load ever. I looked after an IVDU who has staph from frantic stabbing with dirty needles. His mate came to visit and he was kicking off "if you don't let me out for a smoke I'll rip this line out".

So out he went with his IV antibiotics running. He was gone for about half hour, comes floating back, dazed and grinning, blood pissing from his IV site, stated it "fell out", he had very obviously accessed his line and boofed up. I then have to get him recanulated, restart the AB's. I could have killed him and turned him into blood and bone. While he didn't admit to it, he knew I knew and he was super apologetic. Just made a hard day harder you know?

You can't get mad, it's a disease and tbh addicts are so much easier to manage health wise if they are either out of it or unconcious. That said I still could have fucking killed him lolling.

You can mix them in but I wouldn’t especially since you have nutes coming. Both are organic but powerful enough to burn or create imbalance.What nutes did you order again was it the Geoflora or MC?

Neem seed meal is a good soil additive that detracts pests but it is a pungent fert in its own right with NPK of like 6-1-2 it helps to slow cook that into soil and use in top layer of soil. Most sulfur dust is micronized, cheap & wettable - it can be dusted on soil or foliar spray but you have to be careful since sulfur & oil can’t be used close together (2 weeks) & foliage should be rinsed well to avoid burn or interaction. Read all your labels closely & mix very small batches

I’m sure to be forgetting some but..... Neem oil is made from pressed Neem seeds, oil dormant spray has a base of mineral oil, spinosad is an isolate from sugar cane production, pyrethrin comes from crushed chrysanthemum flowers. Some are bio friendly pesticides that use botanical oils like rosemary, clove or cinnamon. I’d be curious to hear what chems you have available at your fingertips either from online sources or garden / hydro shops, maybe take note of what they have and we can help more
Hi K

I forget. It's the one with the old man on the front in the vege patch.

Can you have a look at the one I'm using. I'm wanting a prophylactic treatment. Sort of shut the gate before the horse bolts approach.

After my dismal Gorilla Glue grow I am determined to concerntrate and do this grow right.

Do you know I've never pulled off a wow harvest yet? I always drop the ball.

Well I better not spray them with any of my perfume choices coz I attract nothing but pests ;)

This is my newest spray.
IMG_20210522_162941_edit_122719084524502.jpg

IMG_20210522_162932_edit_122727325629709.jpg

I have long loved Searle products. I always use their cutting/seedling soil mixes.

So I might throw a bit of blood and bone into my next uppot. I will check back for ratio advice when the time comes.

Interesting...The labelling leads one to believe it's a soap-based natural solution and the insert talks about not letting any get in the water supply, contacting a poisoning center if ingested, and disposing the empty bottle by wrapping in paper then putting in a plastic bag before putting in the garbage! :thedoubletake: Makes me wonder how natural it really is and what's in there besides soap? :hmmmm:

I've never used that product but you can make a simple pesticide just by adding some dish soap to water and, if desired, you can add a horticultural oil (neem, rosemary, etc.) to that. I use & recommend Dr. Bronners which is all natural.

As long as you don't see any pests on the seedlings, I'd wait until they have at least three sets of new leaves, not counting the cotyledons, then try spraying ONE of the plants with 1/4 - 1/2 the recommended 15ml/liter dose and see how that plant reacts. If OK, go ahead and spray the rest and gradually increase to the full dose.

That being said, I don't believe that's a preventative. It's only a treatment, so if you don't see any pests, there's no need to treat with that.

Hope that helps! ;)

I'm a paranoid noob but I use something similar to @Mr. Krip 's suggestion proactively:

Fat handful of hot chilis (dried Thai is what I have), head of garlic. Put them in a blender with a tea cup ish of water. Fuck em up good. Should be Sriracha consistency. If it's more like marmite/Vegemite add more water.

Let that stuff stew away on the counter for a day or two and then strain as much as you can through gauze or a shirt. I keep old clean orphan socks for shit like this. Move the strained stuff into a clean jar with a lid and pop it in the fridge.

When you want to treat your plants add like a tablespoon or a wallaby sack or wombat's jigger (whatever you people use) of that chili crap to about 800ml of water. Mix well by shaking. Add a couple drops liquid soap... Shake more....BOOM some shit a random person on the internet suggested!

Kidding aside I spray at sundown every week or so and haven't had any issues.

:green_heart:

Let me live in your pool plz.

ok cool old man on the front is defo MC. Sorry but strongly disagree - I can’t like your above post cuz I think your plants are fine, sure maybe not Carcass or Mr K level produce but your garden is impressive no doubt. I‘m telling ya - skip the blood & bone for now. Look it won’t be wasted cause at some point you will need a N boost or extra P but that shit don’t play nice, MC is jealous AF and demands to be king of the hill.

You soil has enough oomph to last til the nutes arrive & those need 30 to 90 days slow cook time to be effective. You are jacking up the N and the P but where’s the extra K, the extra calcium and the extra magnesium to balance out what you are proposing?

The ingredient - potassium salts of fatty acids is similar to Safers Soap, This is where my scatterbrain fails me but IIRC Safers is to be sprayed on, allowed to dry, then rinsed back off.

Ok so when treating for pests shake the snot out of the product before mixing, mix small batches, shake frequently during application, add a drop of two of un-scented dish soap as a surfactant, remove plant from light, follow the warning labels, wear a mask, don’t mix doses hotter than manufacturers di-structions (yep new word), elevate the plant and spray under her skirt first - then move and spray from top down, don’t put right back under light or you can damage leaf tissue. Fan moving air nearby - wait until dry before moving back to lights on. Major ditto on what Mr K sez, try it on one plant & wait a day to see results

when cutting clones or when plants are young I often flip and dip, yep homemade tinfoil soil cover - hold plant carefully so dirt & perlite doesn’t fall into the dip container. This way I can soak every square centimeter of the foliage and main stem

I’m off to feed the predators and can’t wait to order rove beetles plus I may try lady bugs too.

back off Copper - I’ve got dibs on that pool (in my dreams) already bought 1 way ticket & my tailor is nearly done with giant lizard costume :laugh::laugh::laugh: You are skilled or have a rabbits foot since you are outdoors & pest free while I’m indoors usually with spider mites & fungus gnat petting zoo

Tra - guess Konks Dirt Empire hasn’t re-upped huh???

Interesting...The labelling leads one to believe it's a soap-based natural solution and the insert talks about not letting any get in the water supply, contacting a poisoning center if ingested, and disposing the empty bottle by wrapping in paper then putting in a plastic bag before putting in the garbage! :thedoubletake: Makes me wonder how natural it really is and what's in there besides soap? :hmmmm:

I've never used that product but you can make a simple pesticide just by adding some dish soap to water and, if desired, you can add a horticultural oil (neem, rosemary, etc.) to that. I use & recommend Dr. Bronners which is all natural.

As long as you don't see any pests on the seedlings, I'd wait until they have at least three sets of new leaves, not counting the cotyledons, then try spraying ONE of the plants with 1/4 - 1/2 the recommended 15ml/liter dose and see how that plant reacts. If OK, go ahead and spray the rest and gradually increase to the full dose.

That being said, I don't believe that's a preventative. It's only a treatment, so if you don't see any pests, there's no need to treat with that.

Hope that helps! ;)
Do you know what I find most interesting? The fact you read labels!

Me: I need to research how to get rid of plant cooties

My reasearch tactic: I walk into the nursery, ask the nursery hand what kills mites, he points to that bottle, I buy it.

Research completed ✔️

I literally didn’t even consider reading the label. I defs have a brain/think deficit.

LOLLINGGGGGG!

And thanks Special K. You’re always super helpful.

:) :) :)

I'm a paranoid noob but I use something similar to @Mr. Krip 's suggestion proactively:

Fat handful of hot chilis (dried Thai is what I have), head of garlic. Put them in a blender with a tea cup ish of water. Fuck em up good. Should be Sriracha consistency. If it's more like marmite/Vegemite add more water.

Let that stuff stew away on the counter for a day or two and then strain as much as you can through gauze or a shirt. I keep old clean orphan socks for shit like this. Move the strained stuff into a clean jar with a lid and pop it in the fridge.

When you want to treat your plants add like a tablespoon or a wallaby sack or wombat's jigger (whatever you people use) of that chili crap to about 800ml of water. Mix well by shaking. Add a couple drops liquid soap... Shake more....BOOM some shit a random person on the internet suggested!

Kidding aside I spray at sundown every week or so and haven't had any issues.

:green_heart:

Let me live in your pool plz.
Copper in real life I just know we’d be friends. Like 100%.

I have days off come Tuesday. I’m going to make your concoction and let my stinkfest begin.

I am determined to do this grow right.

And FYI we always use the semi dried emu foreskins with the tip sewn up so there is no leakage.

ok cool old man on the front is defo MC. Sorry but strongly disagree - I can’t like your above post cuz I think your plants are fine, sure maybe not Carcass or Mr K level produce but your garden is impressive no doubt. I‘m telling ya - skip the blood & bone for now. Look it won’t be wasted cause at some point you will need a N boost or extra P but that shit don’t play nice, MC is jealous AF and demands to be king of the hill.

You soil has enough oomph to last til the nutes arrive & those need 30 to 90 days slow cook time to be effective. You are jacking up the N and the P but where’s the extra K, the extra calcium and the extra magnesium to balance out what you are proposing?

The ingredient - potassium salts of fatty acids is similar to Safers Soap, This is where my scatterbrain fails me but IIRC Safers is to be sprayed on, allowed to dry, then rinsed back off.

Ok so when treating for pests shake the snot out of the product before mixing, mix small batches, shake frequently during application, add a drop of two of un-scented dish soap as a surfactant, remove plant from light, follow the warning labels, wear a mask, don’t mix doses hotter than manufacturers di-structions (yep new word), elevate the plant and spray under her skirt first - then move and spray from top down, don’t put right back under light or you can damage leaf tissue. Fan moving air nearby - wait until dry before moving back to lights on. Major ditto on what Mr K sez, try it on one plant & wait a day to see results

when cutting clones or when plants are young I often flip and dip, yep homemade tinfoil soil cover - hold plant carefully so dirt & perlite doesn’t fall into the dip container. This way I can soak every square centimeter of the foliage and main stem

I’m off to feed the predators and can’t wait to order rove beetles plus I may try lady bugs too.

back off Copper - I’ve got dibs on that pool (in my dreams) already bought 1 way ticket & my tailor is nearly done with giant lizard costume :laugh::laugh::laugh: You are skilled or have a rabbits foot since you are outdoors & pest free while I’m indoors usually with spider mites & fungus gnat petting zoo

Tra - guess Konks Dirt Empire hasn’t re-upped huh???
K those Gorilla Glue were fucking HORRENDOUS!

I even had scale on the leaves.

I 100% going to use Carcass’s hook technique and this time I will have symmetry. I am so excited at this new grow opportunity. I going to take one clone along for the ride too. If the other two survive I’ll give them to my next door neighbour to ruin.

In the upside since I have started nit treating and feeding that Tangie she has had a second win, omg is it second wind or win? I’m so shit at sayings I don’t know why I insist on trying to use them. I literally humiliate myself daily butchering them.

And hey I have enough room for two refugees so you’re both welcome.

Where is @Konks Dirt Empire anyway?

It’s a term for athletes getting second wind. Thanks for that, I don’t mind sharing! You know copperrein is good people - I’m just messing with her

:confused:my hempy girls hit the wall with root rot - I’m too pissed to talk about it. Let’s hope they pull thru
She certainly is :)

Oh no!

What are the symptoms and what causes it?

Yes hempy is hydrid dwc grown in perlite, symptoms were damaged leaf edges. I flushed with water and hydrogen peroxide, things were looking up for a few days. Opened the tent yesterday and the blue dream girl had a ton of fresh leaf damage and the beautiful amnesia girl was droopy as a colander full of cooked noodles. The res water smelled like dead fish, ugghhh. Did a bunch of triage, cut out brown roots, an upcan plus more flushing with h202. The Blue chick might pull thru not so sure about Amy she looks toasted.

Yes hempy is hydrid dwc grown in perlite, symptoms were damaged leaf edges. I flushed with water and hydrogen peroxide, things were looking up for a few days. Opened the tent yesterday and the blue dream girl had a ton of fresh leaf damage and the beautiful amnesia girl was droopy as a colander full of cooked noodles. The res water smelled like dead fish, ugghhh. Did a bunch of triage, cut out brown roots, an upcan plus more flushing with h202. The Blue chick might pull thru not so sure about Amy she looks toasted.
Are you using any microbes? Res temp?

I have a bad history with anything hydro so I‘m treading lightly. Was aiming for sterile I figured microbes would spoil the soup. So no microbes, just a splash of H2O2 & hydroguard enzyme. Umm you know I have not measured water temps but the floor is insulated and the tent is elevated above it, the ambient is 77 rh is 70.

Back
Top Bottom