Tryan2grow1 For The First Time

420-magazine-mobile1700802485.jpg

4 inches isnt a bad distance for CFL's. Just remember use back of hand and it will tell you if its to close. Close should allow to keep the girls short and stocky.

I've learned by following others that you should consider the first couple weeks as a seedling stage and then start your "Veg" time from there. It's CFL so it will grow a little slower also.

Looking good bro and interested in the grow .

Hey handjive, I hear those watermelons make for good pipes in a pinch. Sorry no room in this tent for one of those as much as I love 'em. No problems to report at this time, happy plants = happy cultivator......so far so good.

Welome 1smokeaway, thank you for the tidbits of information. Growing information is being absorbed at a sponge like pace right now. Can't get enough. Tried to read the whole internet lately. Wow! Lot's of stuff. Keep the info coming, thanks.

relax, seems like a long time but before ya know it you will be mercilessly butchering them voluptuous beauties and planting more.

you will do fine, one day it hits ya, wtf happened?? how the heck & when did they start looking so good?? guarantee it is a mind

job each & every grow. seems like there is a primal need to see that shit happen

For sure this has been already and will continue to be a learning experience. The first thought of cultivating personal medication created a monster. So hydro first came to mind. After some research it was settled on the 5gal dwc method. Then where to put it. Having a double wide walk thru closet is overkill for my wardrobe selection. A 2x3x5 tent fits perfectly. Then like a kid at Christmas it was time to go shopping and fill in with all the "extras". Once set up, what to grow? Or better yet what shall I use to get started? Hindsight now tells me that this should have been way up higher on the list. Did not want to wait for a delivery before I got started. So bag seed it was. No matter what becomes of these two plants, the knowledge gained will only go to make the next round that much better. Being old school the Maui Waui strain would be one I'd try and then have heard good things about Aurora Indica. Giving thought to order these now as to be ready whatever happens with these two that are in progress. Now operation "grow your own" is in action. The learning curve remains sharp. My germination technique needs refined to ensure a stronger start from the seedlings. Lesson learned and noted. Soon lst training is to begin so plenty of room for trial and hopefully minimum error. And perhaps a topping or two. Uh oh sharp instruments......lol. So stay tuned. We shall see what becomes of this great beginning for these two offerings of mother nature. Keep the comments coming team. Thanks for being along and/or looking in.

Hey man they look great! I'm starting a CFL grow myself but decided to go soil. I'm definitely interested in how your grow goes because our babies are close to the same age! Keep up the great work. The hardest thing is waiting lol

Every third day or so I will check the ph. So far once ph'd at 5.5 every third day has called for additional ph down for the ph after 3 days reaches nearly 7 or better. What factors in to this increase of ph after only a few days? For sure the plants feasting from the res has something to do with this. But what about the constant addition of oxygen and agitation of the water? Will this naturally increase ph as well? Plants continue to be happy and healthy at this juncture. Both res refreshed to a 5.5 ph anticipating the ph will rise this allows the plants to take what nutrients they can at the lower ph and then absorb what they can as the ph rises. At least that is my stinkin' thinkin' at this time.

Today the temp was taken in the buckets themselves. Oh my, both were at 87f. Both buckets were still "naked". One bucket was wrapped in reflective cloth and given a tin foil hat. The other was left as is so a comparison of temps can be taken. I also faced the fan to blow directly on the buckets. The room temp itself had a low today of 71 and a high of 88. RH remains steady between 40 and 50. The only discoloration I see in any roots at this time are due the the GH micro nutrients. Vigilance will head off any rot that may rear it's ugly head. Hydroguard? Should I get some just as a preventative due to the increased temp of my buckets. My saving grace is my curtain of air in each bucket. Lots of air for the roots at all times. Pic of roots to follow.

Back
Top Bottom