Tryan2grow1 For The First Time

Topped and tied.
420-magazine-mobile833022284.jpg

The tips that were "missed" were small. So these were removed to allow the plant to concentrate on it's newest "tops" on the plant with LST. The "lil gal" remains a natural growth. Amazing how two beans from the same plant grow into two completely different types of plants. Gotta luv Mother Nature.

It has been 4 weeks and 5 days since beans were put to germ. The res in each bucket is 2 inches below the net pots. Running GH 3 part at half strength for aggressive veggie growth. The only other addition to the res at this time is Hydoguard. Being the caretaker of these babies is awesome. Who knew growing could be so much fun? The next round will be just that much more fun with some meds in the cabinet. Grow on team!

Comfy, the beans were put to germinate on 4/20. One week later they were placed into the dwc buckets. The "bush" had roots in the res within the week, the "runt" took almost two weeks for roots to reach the res. So today, 5/24 makes the 5 week mark from putting these babies to germ.

Hi Tryan2grow1, your girls look really healthy. Gonna tag along and see how they develop, looks like you're giving them plenty of care and attention.
Regarding light distance, in my experience with CFL you want the bulb as close to the plant as possible without raising the canopy temperature too much. The intensity of the light from CFL decays rapidly as you move away from the bulb. Ideally to get the most light energy into the plant you'd have it pretty much touching the bulb but I've found if you get much closer than 2 inches you start to get the odd bit of heat stress. A temperature probe at canopy level is the best way to judge the distance.
I would consider adding reflectors to your bulbs as well, get all those photons focused on your girls' solar panels
I love that you planted on 420 BTW
Peace

Welcome Caconym. Thank you for following along. The pics tell the story. Just a short 24 hours ago I LST'd the "bush" again. Look at how the foliage filled in all the empty spaces in only a day. Wow! Growing like a "weed".

Ok, this grow is showing promise. But I am making plans now for the next go round. New beans I have been thinking about. Blue Mystic, White Widow, Lemon OG Haze and Northern Light autos all sound like something I may be interested in. Two of these would be an anytime med, one would be specifically to energize the day and one to put down the insomnia. Any input as to these strains? Autoflower all is what I have been looking into.

Comfy, the beans were put to germinate on 4/20. One week later they were placed into the dwc buckets. The "bush" had roots in the res within the week, the "runt" took almost two weeks for roots to reach the res. So today, 5/24 makes the 5 week mark from putting these babies to germ.
Actually, tomorrow will be our 5 week mark. . April 20 was a Thursday.

As you can imagine, it is very easy to lose reality of time when one sits and watches a plant grow for hours on end.......even though it is like watching paint dry, it's so much fun.....thinking about cancelling the cable.....jk.

As you can imagine, it is very easy to lose reality of time when one sits and watches a plant grow for hours on end.......even though it is like watching paint dry, it's so much fun.....thinking about cancelling the cable.....jk.
I totally agree, I am in the tent for hours too. I plan to do a quick LST session and next thing I know it's 3 hours later. Lol, at least they get some extra co2.

So far looks great. Try 4 cfls per plant I usually keep them 15cm away. Also with cfls and dwc u may get away with 24 hours light on... Try different lights too. GL

Back
Top Bottom