Tryan2grow1 For The First Time

Proof is in the pic team. LST definately will increase yield. Look at the bush on the left that has been topped once and tied down now 4 different times. Spread out nicely. Like Canada Guy said on his journal, this one is a bushy bush. Then look at the "au natural" gal on the right. She is growing and catching up in height to her sister but if all were to go to bud at this time, my monies on the bush for a better yield. Grow babies grow.

Like a kid before Christmas, I am. Once again, as is the norm with this hobby, the waiting begins. My lighting is to be updated by this time next week (knock on wood). Being on a retirement income, a budget light was shopped for. A Mars-Hydro Reflector 96 is on it's way. Rated at 250 watts, this would bring my total now up to 546 watts. For a 2x3x5 tent this gives me 546/6=91 watts per sq ft. This should do the trick. Yes, I am all giddy now.

Like a kid before Christmas, I am. Once again, as is the norm with this hobby, the waiting begins. My lighting is to be updated by this time next week (knock on wood). Being on a retirement income, a budget light was shopped for. A Mars-Hydro Reflector 96 is on it's way. Rated at 250 watts, this would bring my total now up to 546 watts. For a 2x3x5 tent this gives me 546/6=91 watts per sq ft. This should do the trick. Yes, I am all giddy now.

Man it seems like so many people start out with CFLs and then halfway through their grow upgrade.

How much did you snag the light for?

Mars-Hydro USA for 173.99USD. And you are so correct. Started out with just cfls but have been told time and time again to upgrade/update my lighting. So the opportunity to get this light came upon me and my motto is, go4it when you can.

My kids know that if they want something from me to ask me now, for once they can throw dirt in my face I'll be six feet under and there will be nothing left to spend. So get it now when you can has been my motto for years. An LED light has always been on the list of items to get and the time to get was now. This can only lead to more of what we all want most. Our meds. Sorry if I let you down Comfy for not going start to finish with the cfls. However, the adventure continues. Rock on team.

I know, I know. Only a few hours between pics but the growth fascinates me and I like to share.
420-magazine-mobile874344848.jpg
420-magazine-mobile238660541.jpg

My kids know that if they want something from me to ask me now, for once they can throw dirt in my face I'll be six feet under and there will be nothing left to spend. So get it now when you can has been my motto for years. An LED light has always been on the list of items to get and the time to get was now. This can only lead to more of what we all want most. Our meds. Sorry if I let you down Comfy for not going start to finish with the cfls. However, the adventure continues. Rock on team.

Not letting me down it's all good. I'll get to watch mine all the way through because at least for me I'm sticking with CFLs all the way. The thought process for me is that I am a very casual smoker without anyone to share with so I honestly wouldn't know what to do with more than a couple ounces. So for me CFL works real well because they are very cheap and I just need to grow a little bit once a year or so in order to supply myself.

I'll still be following along though because it will be cool too see the difference your new light makes :thumb:

Comfy, it pleases me that you are to continue to follow. Keep in mind it'll probably be a bit longer than by next Friday for me to get the newest addition to my toys. Especially due to the holiday weekend that is upon us. May all of us racing fans get our fix on Sunday. Anyway, part of me wants to continue thru "fruition" (c'mon that one's funny) with the cfls and another part of me (the influential part) won't let me keep that new LED in the box for another 8 to 10 weeks. Time will tell. Thank you again for following along and giving me your ideas and thoughts. I would love to say that I am only a casual user but that could not be any further from the truth. The majority of my meds are consumed by myself only as well but my usage is probably close to a gram or gram and half a day. That puts me at 28 grams or so a month. So if this batch gets me a few months down the road, fantastic. If not I'll go without until the newest batch can come around. The reality of it is, I have self medicated now for some....cough, cough.....40 years. Gotta love the fact that I could be a clinical monkey for someone that wants to see the effects of our passion on one's body for over 4 decades. That said, grow on my friends, grow on.

Indeed it is great to see that we have options on how/where/when we obtain our meds. All these different options lead us to the same conclusion, beautiful plants from Mother Nature that offer us a "natural" way to heal.

Great little setup! :thumb:
But I didn't see the strain of your plant, do you know it? They look very good!!

Bag seed my friend. A trial run with some good bag seed, then off to do a specific strain. First to be specific will be Blue Mystic and Northern Light autos. Probably 8 to 10 weeks out for round #2. Thank you for looking in.

Back
Top Bottom