Tryan2grow1 For The First Time

Here is the other end of those roots
420-magazine-mobile918347702.jpg

looks good to me tryan but I haven't ever grown hydroponically. I have read a bit about it though and I think as long as you are experiencing steady growth and the plant isn't showing signs of deficiencies I wouldn't worry.

Also, to answer your previous concerns about PH just from some general reading they say that it's normal for PH of hydroponic systems to move around over time as the plant uptakes nutrients and time goes by. Also, I read that it is good for the PH to slowly swing through the acceptable hydroponic PH range and to not try to chase a very specific PH like 5.8-6.2 but rather adjust every few days or when it reaches the edges 5.5 - 7

just some thoughts from a newb grower

As to allow these two short bushy plants a chance to stretch a bit, the lights have been moved up a few inches. For one, to allow the buckets to remain cooler and two, to see if I can get a few inches out of these "shorties". Just having moved the lights a few inches and giving tin hat covers to the buckets has brought the water temp down to 76. Don't forget I also moved the fan to blow right on the buckets. My belief is though due to moving the lights just that small amount allows the exhaust above to pull the heat a bit better and the bulbs are not warming the tops of the buckets. All in all though, the last 14 hours has led to a major "veggie" growth to this plant. The middle looks like a head of cabbage and the leaves have extended past the edges of the open part of the net pots. Yes I have been measuring these babies in mm increments, can't help myself.

Welcome Canada Guy. Please sit in. These are exciting times. Raising these babies to take care of me in the future. Kinda like a retirement plan. All look happy and healthy at this time. And I am able to sit upright and take in nourishment so I feel pretty good too. Hydroguard added to the res change today. Only using half recommended doses of nutes and full strength on the hydroguard. Since wrapping the buckets in reflective materials the water temp has dropped about 10 degrees. Could not get them below 80, even after 6 hours without lights. Now peak light time, temp was at 76. Better, not ideal but as long as the plants are happy, this farmer is happy as well. May everyone have a great day. Grow babies grow!

Sorry the pic of the roots is kinda morning eyed, blurry. But if you can see the color change, that is what I have been watching. My belief is that the micro nutrient taints the water color therefore tainting the root color. No bad odor, no slime, just not milky white roots. Plant continues to thrive and new growth like mad. In fact since the res change the slight curl that a few leaves had has straightened out. Look at the pic from 5/17 11:40pm to today's pic, the curl is gone. Input welcome from one and all. Thanks team.

So live and learn. I now understand the difference between topping and fimming. At least I think I do. The bush was "topped" but must have missed....lol....for the center is growing again. But this plant is too pretty to mess with more at this stage. Lots of cola opportunities at this time. So this is what I have in mind. Continue with lst on the bush and allow the runt to grow naturally. Flip date scheduled for 6/9.

Back
Top Bottom