TS1229JM's unknow strain grow journal fall:2008

ts1229jm

What strain is it: i dont know, got it from a baggie of stress

I think it is a dominant sativa strain cause the fingers on the leaves are so long and kinda skinny

Currantly in the flowering stage fo 31 days

Growing Indoor, in my closet. i have a duct going from the ac to the closet, two fans in the closet circulating the air, and a squirrel cage fan extracting the air through a carbon filter. (i made it myselfe lol looks kinda crappy but seems to work).

Temp of closet seems to be between 85 - 90 when the lights are on and 65 - 75 when they are off

RH of closet stays around 21%

I am using a Hydro setup, i think its called a bubble grow or something like that.

1 400w HLS above the plants, and 2 48" cool white flourecents shining up through the plants from the floor.

i have to fill the water every other day putting in nutes at 1/3 strength

Here are some pics (i had a lot so ill number them for reference):
12117.jpg

11138.jpg

984.jpg

8109.jpg

7127.jpg

6: got my light in this one to
6141.jpg

5163.jpg

4195.jpg

3273.jpg

2302.jpg

1072.jpg

1387.jpg

sorry here a lot of photos, its a jungle in there so i wanted to make sure i got most of my plants showing, also it was dark time so i really couldnt see what i was taking pictures of :smokin: lol

please post any comments or concerns about my plants, and also how do you experts think they look?

Great lookin plants man!!

Did you LST them? What nutes are you using currently?

Dont worry about the pics, thats what this site is all about!

lol to be honest im not sure what LST training is, i mean ive heard about it and seen grow journals that have used it but im still not sure exactly what it is.

as for nutes, ive been using:
DNF (dutch nutrient formula) bloom A & B
semsi cal Bloom
and DR. Hornby BIG BUD
all of them are used at 1/3 stregnth

hey guys i was just watering my plants and i realized i had a question. i have noticed that all of the soil grows i have seen say to add nutes like every 5 days or once a week. so my question is, is this the same rule for hydro?

so far i have been adding nutes everytime i water, and my plants look fine, but i want the best i can get so i thought id ask for all of your opinions.

Lol yeah that’s what I thought. I tried the not feeding except for ever 4 days, and one of my plants started to look like it was getting a phosphorous deficiency, so I put some nutes in last night.

So far I have grown this strain to harvest twice before this attempt. Up until recently I was unable to meet a lot of the environmental bull’s eyes, so my crops turned out sub-par. I still am not sure if it’s a crappy strain, or just needs more TLC.

This grow however, is showing better trichome development, so I am optimistic about this round. If after this harvest it turns out to be a bad crop again i'm just going to scrap this strain and the mother because I got me some WW in the veg stage (and a clone off the WW in flowering to see its gender). But I have better nutes and a better environment so we will see.

Ok, so I finally got a ph tester..... :smokin: lol yeah I know I can't believe I haven't had or used one yet either, I feel like an idiot.

I have always known ph was a huge issue, i've read grow bibles, and bud books up the ass. So I e read my last post and I couldn't believe I was thinking about scrapping this strain with out at least trying to monitor the ph. maybe that will make a huge difference.

Well ill be posting more photos on Friday. Or sooner if I see something cool or something that makes me worry, but I figured photos once a week would show differences.

I can't wait to get home hit the bong and watch the grass grow :roorrip:

Oh I forgot to ask, a ph range between 5.5 and 6.5 is what i think i should be aiming for in a hydro grow, is this correct?

after checking the water in my res. i had a Ph above 7! man no wonder i was having problems with my trichomes. i should have known though, with almost all unknown problems the Ph should be tested. well i did manage to get it down to a 6.0 though so maybe i will see a difference when the lights come back on.

Very nice!You have a flower wonderland goin on there.:smokin:

hey thanx for the kind words everyone!

so last friday i took these pictures, but for some reason i couldnt figure out how to up load them. lol. so here they are on friday of week 5 of flowering. (tomorrow they will be week 6)

picresized_th_1225530846_week_5_005.jpg

8113.jpg

7128.jpg

6142.jpg

5164.jpg

4196.jpg

3274.jpg

2303.jpg

ill try to borrow a better camera for the next set of photos.

a little off topic of this thread, but i just rearanged my closet so that i can have an area to start flowering clones right away.

i read earlier on one of these threads about a technique a guy named Ceese, i think, was doing in which he just started flowering right when the seed popped the soil. i also saw other people asking if this would work with clones, and i have to say i was also curious because i cant afford and dont want to risk continually buying seeds.

so any way i put two WW clones down in the area i just made yesterday. i have always veged until the plants are at least 8 inches, but i am excited to see how this turns out. hopefully they are female, and hopefully they do well under 12/12 so soon.

a little off topic of this thread, but i just rearanged my closet so that i can have an area to start flowering clones right away.

i read earlier on one of these threads about a technique a guy named Ceese, i think, was doing in which he just started flowering right when the seed popped the soil. i also saw other people asking if this would work with clones, and i have to say i was also curious because i cant afford and dont want to risk continually buying seeds.

so any way i put two WW clones down in the area i just made yesterday. i have always veged until the plants are at least 8 inches, but i am excited to see how this turns out. hopefully they are female, and hopefully they do well under 12/12 so soon.
Looking good.Question:Aren't clones from females going to be females?:peace:

Looking good.Question:Aren't clones from females going to be females?:peace:

hey thanx Minus, yeah clones from fems will be fems, but i dont know what sex my WW's are. the plants in the pics are a different strain, i have no idea which one :rollit:

yesterday was such a historic day!

Obama becomes the President elect

Unfortunatly prop 5 died....

and my babies hit thier 6th week flowering! woooo.... so now im hoping that in 4 more weeks i can harvest my girls, right now they are just trying to put on some weight :headbanger:

Thanx for the compliment Harry Red yeah i just found these forums in october and since i already had a grow in progress i figured i would join the fun and hopefully get some input from some expert growers.

Here are Fridays Pictures of Week 6 :yummy:
Day 45:

1389.jpg

2305.jpg

3277.jpg

4199.jpg

5167.jpg

6145.jpg

7131.jpg

8115.jpg

986.jpg

Thanx in advance for any comments aor input.

Back
Top Bottom