Turbo Bucket's Take On RADDWC: Grow Room Build-Up

Yea it seems ok. Not as tasty or frosty as the first run. Hopefully it cures up well. This batch of ladies has me drooling, super excited to see them start flowering shortly.

managed to make a little everclear crumble from one of the diesels.

Now is that like the shatter that @Grandpa Tokin makes? Or? Sorry I’m new to concentrates other than what I’ve seen on here. I’ve tried GT’s method and I’ve made bubble hash with water/ice and dry ice.. I’ve always been curious as to what crumble was.

Dude it’s got me drooling through the screen over here. I’m grtting tired of the pineapple chunk and cheese cuttings so I’ll need to choose a bean to drop haha

Now is that like the shatter that @Grandpa Tokin makes? Or? Sorry I’m new to concentrates other than what I’ve seen on here. I’ve tried GT’s method and I’ve made bubble hash with water/ice and dry ice.. I’ve always been curious as to what crumble was.

Dude it’s got me drooling through the screen over here. I’m grtting tired of the pineapple chunk and cheese cuttings so I’ll need to choose a bean to drop haha

Yup I used @Grandpa Tokin 's method more or less. I think my flaw was not using fresh/fresh frozen. It had about a day of trying time and it tastes like shit. Looks good, potency is there, just :cough:. Lol

I've been out of the dab scene for a couple years now but crumble/butter/wax/shatter usually refer to the consistency of the product. I think I ended up with crumble rather than shatter because I constantly agitated the mixture as I heated it. Been meaning to ask @TheMadDabber about it too.

Heat, agitation, moisture. I'm unfamiliar with everclear. Grandpa scrapes his you cant really do that with bho. And using fresh buds theres moisture, so maybe heat?

Heat stayed under 145°. It looks great just tastes like shit. I blame the grower lol. Garbage in garbage out. But the process made a nice finished product so it's all good

Yeah again I dont know enough about the process. I dont go much above 100° for more than 12 hours for fear of losing terps.... but I think the process is different, being that I purge in a vac chamber and whatnot.

Yeah again I dont know enough about the process. I dont go much above 100° for more than 12 hours for fear of losing terps.... but I think the process is different, being that I purge in a vac chamber and whatnot.

Vac is better for terps for sure. More controlled IMO. I’m doing it on the cheap... or trying to. The Everclear is not cheap. However, I’ve got it down to a few hours of work and I get a decent product to make capsules or edibles with. I don’t dab the Everclear extracts much; I squeeze Rosin for dabbing and Everclear extracts for capsules. Seems to be working good for me. I’d love to try my hand at BHO some day though.

I made this with Everclear last night:

Nice, it seems like the biggest problem was my starting product. I was really happy with the presentation of the end product just not the flavor.
The tincture I made last time was real handy and both patients loved it so I'll probably continue to do that.
I decided a long time ago I was going to get a press, eventually funds will line up for it. The wife did donate one of her straighteners to the cause, thought about squishing one of the clip n flip nugs just for giggles. Once the heat backs off I'll decarb the rest of the trim and small nugs for oil/butter and tincture

I’m addicted to my capsules. I really like that I don’t have to smoke if I take them. Smoking—after open heart surgery—is a definite no bueno! Although I’m okay now, and coughing doesn’t kill me, I still prefer not to do it as much...although, I’ve been hitting the Rosin pretty heavy lately. Hopefully I’ll have time to make some more capsules later today. Been busy... :ganjamon:

Yea capsules definitely have a big advantage there haha. I'm sure my patients would appreciate that flexibility. I may have to make a batch for them later this summer.

They all seem to be doing ok. They'll get a drink tonight and most likely a haircut. The plan is even the bottom branches up and top it after the 12th branch, for 12x12 colas. I'll probably use stakes rather than a net as it's really not a scrog but that may change depending on how they stretch. Lights are at 14/10 quite a few pistils showing on several plants.

First day of 12/12. Last night was the first 12 hr night. The next tent and another 1500w equivalent blurple will be here tomorrow. That will hold another s.o.g. but much smaller plants. Most of the cuttings I've taken off these plants have been chilling in solo cups so we'll give them a home. It will be atleast all 25 1gal pots I have. I may put a couple Dewey buckets or the fog totes in if there's enough room.

Back
Top Bottom